PDA

View Full Version : Best in-state class in the history of MS...

smootness
02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
for one school. Give me something that compares.

This was the best, deepest year of in-state talent in recent memory, and we essentially swept the state. The only guy we didn't get was Patterson.

Think about this time a year ago, and the thought of getting Jamal Peters, Leo Lewis, Fletcher Adams, Malik Dear, Dontea Jones, Tim Washington, Tommy Champion, and Mark McLaurin. It was pure fantasy. We did it, and added Rankin and Gray out of JUCO.

Quite literally unbelievable. Tony Hughes deserves about a $2 million raise. His work this year is unprecedented. I seriously can't believe we actually pulled this off.

gtowndawg
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
no doubt.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Yep, Patterson and Linton are really the only upper tier guys we missed on in State. One heck of class for this Staff to haul in. Lots of solid guys from out of State as well.

Westdawg
02-04-2015, 11:47 AM
all right, Stricklin. now do your job and PAY THIS COACHING STAFF, THEY ARE DUE SOME RAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smootness
02-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Yep, Patterson and Linton are really the only upper tier guys we missed on in State. One heck of class for this Staff to haul in. Lots of solid guys from out of State as well.

And to me, Linton is a solid 3-star prospect, not a 4-star. We got the two best safeties in the state. Jarvis Wilson and Gabe Campbell are the only guys outside of Patterson that I feel like were real misses from us. But this was, again, the best, deepest year in a long, long time. And we got arguably 8 of the top 9 or 10.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Jarvis Wilson and Gabe Campbell are the only guys outside of Patterson that I feel like were real misses from us.

yea, would have liked to haven't gotten those 2 as well, especially Campbell.

smootness
02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
yea, would have liked to haven't gotten those 2 as well, especially Campbell.

The good thing is, Moton makes up for Campbell to me, and Wilson plays a position where we got 2 studs in the class anyway. It was just a crazy in-state safety class, and I feel we got the best two.

coastdoglover
02-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Bob Tyler's class that signed Johnnie Cooks, Tyrone Keyes, Glen Collins and a bunch more rivals this class. The only players he really lost went to Pitt , Hugh Green and Rooster Jones who both had signed an SEC letter with MSU earlier but flipped after Pitt got in the Sugar Bowl and they convinced them they would play for a National Title. Have to give our coaches credit and the old adage that "you can't buy loyalty" proved itself again as far as the Bears are concerned. Most of the kids that flipped on them got their commitment bonus and then told them to stick it. A great day to be a MSU bulldog.

Thompson92
02-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know if we'll be able to sign Tommy Champion this year? I would hate to go through this again next year, with a very valuable recruit. Sorry if I missed it.

smootness
02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Champion is already enrolled in JUCO. He's fine, he's already committed for 2016.

smootness
02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
So where does Farrod Green rank among the best recruits we've ever had? I firmly believe that the day he committed was the day everything that came to fruition today was solidified.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 12:52 PM
And to me, Linton is a solid 3-star prospect, not a 4-star. We got the two best safeties in the state. Jarvis Wilson and Gabe Campbell are the only guys outside of Patterson that I feel like were real misses from us. But this was, again, the best, deepest year in a long, long time. And we got arguably 8 of the top 9 or 10.

Also, I don't really know how good Linton is but he is a 4-star 94 rated prospect on 247. They have him as the #4 prospect in the State and ahead of Fletcher Adams. Of course they have Patterson as #1 and rated at 98 which I'm a little skeptical of as well.

Coach007
02-04-2015, 12:56 PM
So where does Farrod Green rank among the best recruits we've ever had? I firmly believe that the day he committed was the day everything that came to fruition today was solidified.

He is a leader.... And glue. One of those that people are drawn to because of his nature.

Acid mouth
02-04-2015, 12:59 PM

At or very near the top. He is your ideal recruit.

Saltydog
02-04-2015, 01:35 PM
yet again the crootin' rankings, if you believe the star gazers. They just inked Lodge (5 Star WR from Texas). Their recruiting is very much high risk, high reward.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
yet again the crootin' rankings, if you believe the star gazers. They just inked Lodge (5 Star WR from Texas). Their recruiting is very much high risk, high reward.

Not surprising as MS recruits are typically undervalued relative to other States. And just to add, TX recruits' ratings are normally overvalued.

GTHOM
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
agreed 100 percent. mark my words other SEC schools will regret not recruiting Dontea Jones, Chris Stamps and Mark McLaurin