PDA

View Full Version : I still think our fans are expecting too much tomorrow...

CadaverDawg
02-03-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm sure that sounds "poor ol MSU", but I can't help it. Ha

I don't like that our fans are expecting us to get Leo, and expecting OM to lose out on Richmond, Jefferson, Jefferson, and others. Recruiting season seems to always be that time of year that we always create a rain cloud even if there shouldn't be one. Our class is bad ass even without Leo....and OM can't dominate even with a stud class bc their coaching and development isn't good enough. So, I will continue to say that I expect Leo to sign with OM (think Tee Shepherd and Freeze all night on the phone), and I think OM gets all the signing day attention by landing CeCe, Van, Lodge, and others. If those things don't happen, I'll be ecstatic, but I fail to allow myself to expect too much.

Oh, and on that note...I will be tied up in meetings all day tomorrow, so I truly hope you guys have a great set of signing day threads and will keep me updated. Got my fingers crossed that tomorrow is better than any signing days in the past 10 years for MSU.

HailState

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2015, 11:41 PM
I really wish you would stop the "cautiously optimistic" stuff. We get it. You must be an engineer because you need facts and sure things.

Just allow people to be emotionally invested. Our staff has done a hell of job regardless of what happens.

cheewgumm
02-03-2015, 11:44 PM
He's just got history.

It should be natural to be cautious.

MSUDawg4Life
02-03-2015, 11:48 PM
I really wish you would stop the "cautiously optimistic" stuff. We get it. You must be an engineer because you need facts and sure things.

Just allow people to be emotionally invested. Our staff has done a hell of job regardless of what happens.

Right. Who cares? It's not like our expectations are going to affect anything one way or another.

I think most folks are just having fun trolling the rebalbears.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2015, 11:55 PM

Thanks for the advice, but no. Because you will probably be the ring leader in meltdown mode tomorrow if we don't sign Leo or if OM gets all their targets, and it will be ridiculous, because we should celebrate regardless tomorrow due to a great class.
And I believe I just said our coaches did a great job, that was the whole reason I posted this thread. Our coaches have done awesome this year regardless of Leo or any others. Hopefully all of our fans keep that in mind tomorrow. Glad you and I are in agreement.

And no, not an engineer.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the advice, but no. Because you will probably be the ring leader in meltdown mode tomorrow if we don't sign Leo or if OM gets all their targets, and it will be ridiculous, because we should celebrate regardless tomorrow due to a great class.
And I believe I just said our coaches did a great job, that was the whole reason I posted this thread. Our coaches have done awesome this year regardless of Leo or any others. Hopefully all of our fans keep that in mind tomorrow. Glad you and I are in agreement.

And no, not an engineer.

Uh, when have I been known to melt down?
You are the melt down master Mr. Cadaver. I feel that you keep posting these threads to calm yourself rather than everyone else.

With that being said, YES, our coaches have done a great job regardless of what happens tomorrow, but YES I will be cheering and hoping for the best case scenario tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Right. Who cares? It's not like our expectations are going to affect anything one way or another.

I think most folks are just having fun trolling the rebalbears.

Didn't say our expectations affected anything with the process....but it does make us look like we had a shitty class if our fans are all melting down because we didn't get ______.
I knew the thread wouldn't be popular with many, but I just feel like too many times the guys that DO commit to us don't get the celebration they deserve because we are all bitching about losing CJ, Tee, or whoever. We have the perfect setup for a fun day tomorrow, and I'd love for it not to get spun into "our class sucks because we didn't get ____" meltdown city.

Just my opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with any of you.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 12:00 AM
If we get the folks we expect to get I'll be elated. Who OM gets or doesn't get is WAY secondary. Fact will be that we will have hit on most all of our top targets at various positions and that should pump us all up!

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
You are the melt down master Mr. Cadaver. I feel that you keep posting these threads to calm yourself rather than everyone else.

With that being said, YES, our coaches have done a great job regardless of what happens tomorrow, but YES I will be cheering and hoping for the best case scenario tomorrow.

You meltdown every time we don't get praised by the media or in a poll. But whatever. You will argue with me over the sky being blue, so if you don't like the thread GTFO of it.

Of course we will all be cheering and hoping for the best case scenario tomorrow. That isn't even worth saying.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
If we get the folks we expect to get I'll be elated. Who OM gets or doesn't get is WAY secondary. Fact will be that we will have hit on most all of our top targets at various positions and that should pump us all up!

I agree.

Barking 13
02-04-2015, 12:02 AM
16 hrs*** lol

preachermatt83
02-04-2015, 12:02 AM

why? Why must you ALWAYS try to tell people what, how, and when to post?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 12:04 AM
You meltdown every time we don't get praised by the media or in a poll. But whatever. You will argue with me over the sky being blue, so if you don't like the thread GTFO of it.

Of course we will all be cheering and hoping for the best case scenario tomorrow. That isn't even worth saying.

Yaw, Yaw, Yaw, Yaw..... I guess we have different definitions of "melting down".

FlabLoser
02-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Dammit. It's not yet Wednesday and you guys are melting already.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 12:06 AM
why? Why must you ALWAYS try to tell people what, how, and when to post?

Come Preacha, Cadaver has posted this thread every day for the past week almost.

I don't understand why we can't expect and hope for the best, while also realizing that our coaches have done a great job.

Just seems odd to me that keep having to rehash this

preachermatt83
02-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Come Preacha, Cadaver has posted this thread every day for the past week almost.

I don't understand why we can't expect and hope for the best, while also realizing that our coaches have done a great job.

I don't mean this offensively but the answer to this is simple.. DONT REHASH IT! If you don't like the post just move on.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 12:09 AM

No, haven't posted it every day for the past week. Only one other time actually. And how is what you just said, any different than what I said in the OP? Nobody said not to hope for the best while realizing our coaches did a good job. I simply said, don't set your expectations too high, where it will cause you to be upset over a really good class. You're overreacting in a big way. Pretty par for the course with you these days.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 12:10 AM
Yaw, Yaw, Yaw, Yaw..... I guess we have different definitions of "melting down".

Good one.

FlabLoser
02-04-2015, 12:10 AM

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Nm