PDA

View Full Version : Omaha article on the Cohen-Polk saga

Coach34
06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Polk can't be in Omaha because of all the crow he'd have to eat

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130621/CWS/706219813/1001#shatel-too-bad-polk-can-t-embrace-cohen-s-run-with-bulldogs

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Pride is an ugly thing. Sad

Drugdog
06-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Awesome article. I say good riddance. If u can't embrace this team and coach then screw him. Time for a paint job.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't like the idea of sending Polk a ring. Classy gesture on the part of Cohen and Strick, but it can be viewed as a **** you gesture to many, kind of like look what you could never win. I'm sure he will send it back, and if that were to happen, I believe that is the final bridge being burned, and at that point it is time to erase his presence from the program and take his name off the stadium.

WeWillScrewItUp
06-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Personally I see no point in sending him a ring. What has he done to help this team? He should be the one to take the first step in fixing the relationship between him and the university. I am all for removing his name from the field like he wanted.

Bully13
06-22-2013, 06:52 PM
let's not forget that he also said he was going to not deliver any of his scouting reports to the new coach. He also was going to do everything he could to make the new coach's job as tough as he could. I'm sorry, but all those who say just "let it go" doesn't cut it with me. **** that ********** to hell. His scouting reports probably sucked anyways. **** him. I loved that son of a bitch for many years and what he did should not EVER be excused. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn fits that bitch to a tee.

CadaverDawg
06-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Hell of an article. Polk is a bastard for the way he's handled this. A real man would admit that maybe he was wrong, and Cohen was the right hire. After all, the numbers don't lie.

bulldogcountry1
06-22-2013, 07:27 PM
If he doesn't make a very public statement about how proud he is of the team and State before the game Monday, then we should sever all ties with him and remove his name from the stadium. If he ever gave one shred of a crap about MSU, then there is no reason for him not to reach out.

We sure don't need to try to force anything before the series is over, because I can completely see him trying to be a distraction for the team. I'm just saying that he should know that his hand is being forced, and he can no longer afford to wait (assuming he even had a plan to come back). When this thing is over and he hasn't even reached out, then I can't imagine even the most loyal Polk supporters sympathizing with him anymore.

Either way, this will unite our fan base. Polk is the only one who has to decide if he is in out out. Now.

Drugdog
06-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Great replies elite dawgs. Screw that mf. He sabotaged our program, but yet in 5 years Cohen does what he couldn't do in 25 years. He'll I bet he has a UCLA hat on. He has worn a Georgia and UAB hat AGAINST us. Think about that. He'll hath no fury like a pissed off and drinking Drugdog.

maroonmania
06-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Great replies elite dawgs. Screw that mf. He sabotaged our program, but yet in 5 years Cohen does what he couldn't do in 25 years. He'll I bet he has a UCLA hat on. He has worn a Georgia and UAB hat AGAINST us. Think about that. He'll hath no fury like a pissed off and drinking Drugdog.

The really sad part to me is that, if I know Polk's ego, and I think I do, there is probably nobody deep down that hopes we lose this championship series more than he does. No way do I believe he wants to see us win a championship with Cohen given how adamantly he was against his hire in the first place.

Coach34
06-22-2013, 08:12 PM
The really sad part to me is that, if I know Polk's ego, and I think I do, there is probably nobody deep down that hopes we lose this championship series more than he does. No way do I believe he wants to see us win a championship with Cohen given how adamantly he was against his hire in the first place.

I believe this completely. Noway he wants Cohen to do something he couldnt

bulldogcountry1
06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
And not that it mattered one tiny bit, but this makes his obsession toward the NCAA completely invalid, seeing as how a poor old disadvantaged Mississippi team is competing for a NC.

I always felt that his obsession cost us more than the NCAA ever did. We were defeated before we ever got started with him at the helm. I mean, if he were to actually pull off a NC, how could he possibly have a leg to stand on with the NCAA?

Original48
06-22-2013, 09:52 PM
This is spot on. And tragic. And by tragic I mean the amount of posts here, sixpack and elsewhere on how much a national title is gonna kill ole miss, it won't come close to what it will do to Polk. And THAT is tragic. What a sad sad way to go.

FlabLoser
06-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Sad for Polk. Not sad for us.

I'd love to have Polk on this train. But if he wants no part of it, well then that's that. I am way too happy about this ride to shed a tear for Polk.

I'm not looking back. Hail damn State!

slickdawg
06-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Sad for Polk. Not sad for us.

I'd love to have Polk on this train. But if he wants no part of it, well then that's that. I am way too happy about this ride to shed a tear for Polk.

I'm not looking back. Hail damn State!

Well said. Now was a perfect chance for him to come back into the family and join us in this celebration. Ennis nailed it - Pride is an ugly thing.

I always like to think about the pride issue from Ving Rhames talking to Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction: Pride only hurts, it never helps.

Hump4Hoops
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Dudy Noble Field at Intense Bastard Stadium.

Sandman14
06-23-2013, 09:16 AM
He's old and has nothing else but baseball. Hell, leave him alone. If you look around, lots of older men are like this, some of them in our families. But just because dad is an old, mean, asshole, that doesn't mean you desert him. He was there for you when you couldn't take care of yourself, so just because his mind is old and half-demented by now, you don't go and tell him to **** off and leave him for dead. You honor him even when he doesn't honor you.

Get over it already. If MSU wins a national title, don't talk about Polk. Talk about Cohen and our ring and next year. But no reason to go trashing a great part of our heritage just because Polk is somewhat crazed in the head now. Heck, the guy doesn't have a family, does he? He felt he was scorned by the only family he had. Was he wrong? Yes. Does it matter, looking back at it, sitting in the national title game in 2013? No.

Coach34
06-23-2013, 10:31 AM
I always like to think about the pride issue from Ving Rhames talking to Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction: Pride only hurts, it never helps.

"Ya feel that huh? That's priiiiiiiide ****in witch ya"

One of the best movies ever