PDA

View Full Version : Nice job Rick Ray

Coach34
02-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Team is really looking like it should have this year...damn injuries early on really killed this season...but progress has finally been made

archdog
02-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Trending upward. Great coaching and shooting. Or d gave up too many O rebounds but that is a reflection of the tight d we played most of the day. Kept them out of rhythm.

messageboardsuperhero
02-03-2015, 09:14 PM
This is a 20 win team if we don't have all those injuries at the beginning of the season.

I still want to see us take care of the ball better and get good shots off consistently.

klong-dog
02-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm definitely impressed. Didn't see this coming a couple of weeks ago.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Indeed, good job. It's a miracle he kept the team from quitting early

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Rick Ray..... Boss...everyday he's hustling.

We need you, Malik!!!!!!

Coach34
02-03-2015, 09:17 PM

Marcus Bullard gets credit too- his speech before the Vandy game has seemed to hit home. Been a different team since

RTO Dawg
02-03-2015, 09:18 PM
NIT

DudyDawg

That's by far the most impressive thing he's done, and it's damn impressive considering the shit the team went through

engie
Ray is here for awhile. Get us Malik Ray! Pick off the Hawgssss on Saturday and they gonna be some dusty cigars starting to light back up IMO...

rcsteph1
They play hard. Great intensity. Need to cut down on turnovers and HAVE to find a way not to give up so many second chances. I like what I'm seeing

Thick
02-03-2015, 09:19 PM
When Sword and Thomas can stretch the court, we will have a chance. We were fortunate to win, because we got killed on the offensive glass tonight. If we block out tonight, we would have won by 20.

chef dixon
02-03-2015, 09:20 PM
With the way Arkansas is playing right now, I suspect we will be in that one till the end as well. Good job Rick.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2015, 09:23 PM
When Sword and Thomas can stretch the court, we will have a chance. We were fortunate to win, because we got killed on the offensive glass tonight. If we block out tonight, we would have won by 20.

Houston is a guy that could really help us on the boards if Ray can continue to develop him. He and Black.

Howboutdemdogs
02-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Coach Ray, as I have said to you many times in our travels, you are doing the right thing. Just believe and everyone else will follow one day. Good job!

engie
02-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Houston is a guy that could really help us on the boards if Ray can continue to develop him. He and Black.

Yep. There was a point in time tonight when we were in foul trouble that I wanted to leave his ass on the floor just for rebounding...

DudyDawg
02-03-2015, 09:54 PM

That and defense. I think he could have really helped on Richardson if given ge chance. There are very few gyms in college he can walk into and NOT be the best athlete there

drunkernhelldawg
02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
That's by far the most impressive thing he's done, and it's damn impressive considering the shit the team went through

That's it to me too.

drunkernhelldawg
02-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Ray is here for awhile. Get us Malik Ray! Pick off the Hawgssss on Saturday and they gonna be some dusty cigars starting to light back up IMO...

you got it soundin' fun.

Dawg61
02-03-2015, 11:57 PM
Marcus Bullard gets credit too- his speech before the Vandy game has seemed to hit home. Been a different team since

More details please

DawgFromOxford
02-04-2015, 01:08 AM
So can we finally all get off Ray's back and concede that he definitely deserves his last year? Injuries killed us early on. Put it on Ray all you want, but it's hard to win when your best 3 players are injured. I understand the frustration with our offense at times, but keep in mind Ray is still learning. Of course he's not going to be Stansbury caliber yet (may never be that good, only time will tell). This is his first head coaching job so he is still growing and learning. It seems that the players have bought into the program judging by the way they've played recently. Through all the messy games, Ray has still managed to do a nice job of recruiting. So Ray keep doing your thing, you've got my support.

Dawgface
02-04-2015, 08:40 AM
He's got mine too, although i was off the train a month ago. I'm just glad the team stuck with him better than most of us. Hopefully the trend upward continues.

Coach34
02-04-2015, 08:45 AM
More details please

Bullard gave the team a very passionate speech about what it means to wear that jersey and how much it hurt him when he couldnt wear it anymore. Told them to play for pride in themselves and that jersey- and to not worry about how many fans showed up, what people said, etc. Play for pride and that jersey. Im summarizing obviously- because Bull thugged it alot more than that

Dawg61
02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Bullard gave the team a very passionate speech about what it means to wear that jersey and how much it hurt him when he couldnt wear it anymore. Told them to play for pride in themselves and that jersey- and to not worry about how many fans showed up, what people said, etc. Play for pride and that jersey. Im summarizing obviously- because Bull thugged it alot more than that

Awesome! Bullard is out of prison now I hope. Whose idea was that to have him speak?

engie
02-04-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm sure it was Richard's...

Coach34
02-04-2015, 09:09 AM
He's been out awhile now and has been to Sville quite a few times

MabenMaroon
02-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Remarkable turnaround in team and fan demeanor, the one constant from the lowest point to today's glimmer of hope has been Coach Rick Ray. Am I allowed to retract my statement about him being painfully obvious as not quite having what it takes to be a head coach?
I know we are not where we want to be yet and there is along ways to go but the past month has definitely changed my outlook on the prospects for the future. Hell, I am right now hopeful that the current trend gets even better and puts us in the NIT discussion by season's end. Unlikely and improbable? yes, impossible or unfeasible? no. Hail State!!! Go Dawgs!!!