PDA

View Full Version : Duck hunting the south delta

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2015, 03:50 PM
So I know people dont like to share duck hunting secrets but if anyone feels like telling me how the duck hunting is in the NWRs south of 82.....that would be great.......... or pm me.

I can share info on most north MS delta places and most places in the Arkansas delta.

i have duck hunted Arkansas WMAs for the last 20 years. I have grown tired of the ridiculousness that duck hunting thier WMAs has become. I was wondering if the Delta National Forest or Yazoo NWR held ducks? Or just duck hunters? I know a guy at State and saw video of duck hunting the Yazoo NWR years ago. Looked like what Arkansas duck hunting used to be. But I never got an opportunity to go with him. It might have changed down there too... by now.

WeWillScrewItUp
02-03-2015, 07:37 PM
So I know people dont like to share duck hunting secrets but if anyone feels like telling me how the duck hunting is in the NWRs south of 82.....that would be great.......... or pm me.

I can share info on most north MS delta places and most places in the Arkansas delta.

i have duck hunted Arkansas WMAs for the last 20 years. I have grown tired of the ridiculousness that duck hunting thier WMAs has become. I was wondering if the Delta National Forest or Yazoo NWR held ducks? Or just duck hunters? I know a guy at State and saw video of duck hunting the Yazoo NWR years ago. Looked like what Arkansas duck hunting used to be. But I never got an opportunity to go with him. It might have changed down there too... by now.

You haven't done any duck hunting at Bayou Meto have you? That used to be my neck of the woods when I was growing up.

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2015, 08:28 PM
I usually get in 6-10 hunts a year there. There wasn't much water this year. So it was a fight for holes.