PDA

View Full Version : Writer Nate Levinson wins the 1st ever- "Elitedawg Dumbass of the Year"

Coach34
06-22-2013, 02:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1669534-college-world-series-2013-streaky-teams-that-will-be-embarrassed-in-omaha

"I'm not exactly going out on a limb in saying that Mississippi State will lose to Oregon State in the first round of the CWS. The same goes for UCLA losing to a talented LSU team.

This is not to say that Mississippi State and UCLA aren't supremely talented teams, but in the College World Series the boys are separated from the men."

CadaverDawg
06-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Haha, the "Special ED Award"?

That guy missed on damn near everything in that article.

Will James
06-22-2013, 03:02 PM
With a sport as volatile as baseball it's dumb to predict that any team is going to be embarrassed or look at how they match up against each other for a one game setting. At this point in the year any team can beat any other, as was proven this week.

SignalToNoise
06-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I realize that this is just the nature of the beast with predictions, but what stood out to me was how brazen he was with his stupidity.

Mississippi State and UCLA have both steamrolled opponents thus far in the tournament, but neither has the firepower to keep up with their opponent in the first round of the World Series. Each will be sent home early. Emphasis mine.

I've never considered BR to have any credibility. After all, it's the same site that was pimping Gene Chizik as one of the best HC's in the SEC and saying ******* would soon be fired. For the life of me I can't figure out why that site hasn't gone under.

msstate7
06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I realize that this is just the nature of the beast with predictions, but what stood out to me was how brazen he was with his stupidity.

Emphasis mine.

I've never considered BR to have any credibility. After all, it's the same site that was pimping Gene Chizik as one of the best HC's in the SEC and saying ******* would soon be fired. For the life of me I can't figure out why that site hasn't gone under.
We all keep reading and linking to stories

swdawg
06-22-2013, 03:52 PM
B/R was acquired by Turner Broadcasting Systems (subsidiary of Time Warner)

in August 2012...for a sum reportedly near $200 million.

Emphasis mine.

Drugdog
06-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Is there a worse publication than BR. I say na na.
Predictions are where u seperate the men from boys and he just went back to junior high.

Ronny
06-22-2013, 08:06 PM
..is the dickhead is trying to defend himself on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/NateLevinson

don't pretend to be an expert on the CWS. I wrote an article my editor wanted me to write.

You 100% pretended to an expert on the CWS. That's is what your whole article is about: Your cunning expertise on who will & will not succeed in the CWS.

Lastly, blaming your foolish bullshit on your editor makes you sound like a *****.

FlabLoser
06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Let's parse that statement. His editor, a guy who controls the tone at BR, wanted to say MSU sucks balls.

And Barrett Sallee wonders why people think Bleacher Report has a anti-MSU bias.

Predictions are just predictions. Anybody can be wrong and that's not a big deal. But they went out if their way to describe how badly we don't deserve to be in the CWS. That's getting pretty far beyond having a false prediction.

Bleacher Report just hates MSU for some reason. It's almost like Pat Forde is running the place.

archdog
06-24-2013, 08:31 AM
We all keep reading and linking to stories

His name is Dan Mullen. No s at the end.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-24-2013, 02:16 PM

They don't try to have any credibility. They have a business model and it is an overwhelming success. They get fans to write stories for free or just nominal compensation, then they make sure they are at the top of all google searches and put in slideshows to enhance their page view count to advertisers. They aren't about quality, just quantity. Everything is done in the name of page views. This article is good for them because now people will wonder over there to see what next dumb thing they say. And since CNN uses BR instead of SI now they are probably never going away. People will keep reading, especially when slideshows of "top 10 cheerleaders in the PAC 12" come up on your google searches.

And to that point - since they are all about page views of course they will cater to other fan bases rather than MSU's because we don't have the numbers, they want more page views so they'll feed Alabama and Georgia, etc. fans what they want to hear.

Coach 57
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Went to the Gridiron Men's Conference in Birmingham weekend before last. Had a blast learning about expectations of me & what to apply (I suggest going, great experience). We left and went to a guitar center that a buddy of mine wanted to go to. We are in there for what seemed like forever! Walking through his son asks me "Coach do you know what acoustic would be good for me?" I looked at the young man in haughty derivine and shook my head and said "son, I know about God, my wife & kids and how to apply a boundary side blitz from cover 2. I don't know guitars. So ole coach don't talk about guitars or answer questions about guitars because I don't pretend to he an expert."

Point is this. I don't (as you guys have noticed) talk baseball because I don't pretend to be something I'm not. Which is a baseball guru. This guy who wrote the article needs to probably stick to what he knows. Whatever that is.

tenureplan
06-24-2013, 05:42 PM
..is the dickhead is trying to defend himself on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/NateLevinson

You 100% pretended to an expert on the CWS. That's is what your whole article is about: Your cunning expertise on who will & will not succeed in the CWS.

Lastly, blaming your foolish bullshit on your editor makes you sound like a *****.

nm