PDA

View Full Version : When y'all get a chance, send Drew Richmond a big Thank You....

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I know some on here know this and since he signed, its fair game to disclose this, but down the stretch in the recruitment of Martinas Rankin - Ole Miss backed off because they landed Drew Richmond. They didn't think they needed to sign two LTs. They were Rankin's leader probably until November when they backed off and they did this all because of Richmond. Its ****ing hilarious how this happened to them. By the way, when I posted last week about guys leaving the boat - he is one of the guys I was talking about.

First, they should have never backed off Rankin, second, that they let a HS senior dictate to them how they were going to sign their OL is funny as shit.

Anyway, when you get a chance, send Drew Richmond a thank you note on twitter.

Hey Drew:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzqaq8Y58BBoZAFD-xROUi4WnRnbaF98MQUGOEQV9aXwqb0Wn0Ju-WbpBO

NCDawg
02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
I didn't know Ole Miss was the leader for Rankin, but I guess it figures. In other words, we backed into getting him. I would only consider sending Richmond a "thank You" note if he signed with us.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2015, 12:22 PM
So does this mean we should un-apologize to Hev now?*

engie
02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't buy OM actually backing off pn Rankin unless that's coming from a non-OM source originally. Convenient excuse for them to lose an OL recruiting battle to MSU. They lost more of those than they won this year, for everyone keeping count at home...

ETA: They added Alex Givens on 9/11 and Michael Howard on 12/10. Both OTs. And we're supposed to believe Freeze backed off an a 4* to pursue a couple 3*s? Not really buying it...

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
So does this mean we should un-apologize to Hev now?*

I think until the OL looks like the 2011 OL we should not care what he does. Thats just me though.

msstate7
02-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Tunsil may have had something to do with rankin's decision too

HailState39110
02-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Someone also tweet snaggle-tooth a picture of this when we sign Leo tomorrow that says

"Just reeled in a big one coach, I like to call it a Speckled FlipCruit"

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SnookMook/troutface.jpg

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I don't buy OM actually backing off pn Rankin unless that's coming from a non-OM source originally. Convenient excuse for them to lose an OL recruiting battle to MSU. They lost more of those than they won this year, for everyone keeping count at home...

ETA: They added Alex Givens on 9/11 and Michael Howard on 12/10. Both OTs. And we're supposed to believe Freeze backed off an a 4* to pursue a couple 3*s? Not really buying it...

YOu don't have to believe me, there are others that can confirm - I didn't post this while we were still recruiting him. Personally I don't care, I think it was a huge mistake.

AlSwearengen
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM
That doesn't make much sense. If that were the case, they were expecting a true freshman to come in and do a better job than a juco transfer on the oline. Unless of course they considered rankin a depth provider and not a starter.

They also may have had to promise Richmond that they wouldn't sign a juco tackle in order to get or keep him. So many possible scenarios that it could be true or it could be rebel bullshit.

woozman
02-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I know some on here know this and since he signed, its fair game to disclose this, but down the stretch in the recruitment of Martinas Rankin - Ole Miss backed off because they landed Drew Richmond. They didn't think they needed to sign two LTs. They were Rankin's leader probably until November when they backed off and they did this all because of Richmond. Its ****ing hilarious how this happened to them. By the way, when I posted last week about guys leaving the boat - he is one of the guys I was talking about.

First, they should have never backed off Rankin, second, that they let a HS senior dictate to them how they were going to sign their OL is funny as shit.

Hey Drew:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzqaq8Y58BBoZAFD-xROUi4WnRnbaF98MQUGOEQV9aXwqb0Wn0Ju-WbpBO

The first thing I thought when I saw the Richmond news this morning was - "man, I'm glad that Rankin is already enrolled..."

Coach34
02-03-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't believe this. If Ole Missus could have had the top juco OT and then added a top HS OT- they would have done it. Especially knowing this is Big Softie's last season ahead.

Post is crap and sounds just like Fredo Spin

engie
02-03-2015, 12:57 PM
I knew the story when we were recruiting him. There's probably elements of truth to it, but it's a tail and dog scenario. Didn't hear it while Rankin was an "OM lock". Only started after he started spending alot of time at MSU, his GF was at MSU, etc. If it was all about Richmond, how did they make it OK taking 2 more highschool OTs?

I choose to believe we beat them straight up for Rankin...whether we actually did or not...

engie
02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the Richmond news this morning was - "man, I'm glad that Rankin is already enrolled..."

Champion isn't...

That's going to be a battle again next year. I'm really glad he's at Co-Lin...

sandwolf
02-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Champion isn't...

You think so? It doesn't seem like there has really been any drama with prospects that we have signed and placed recently.......but of course now that I type that, I can't remember if we actually signed Champion, or if we just placed him.

engie
02-03-2015, 03:12 PM
You think so? It doesn't seem like there has really been any drama with prospects that we have signed and placed recently.......but of course now that I type that, I can't remember if we actually signed Champion, or if we just placed him.

He's just placed. Not signed. We might sign him if we have extra space in the class IMO just for that assurance, although I haven't actually seen anyone say we were going to do that...

There was huge drama with Justin Cox that was mostly kept off the boards that ultimately ended up with us having a strained relationship with EMCC...

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Champion isn't...

Naw there won't be any drama with that 1. He's going to be well taken care of.

defiantdog
02-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Who's to say Drew Richmond won't sign with OM? You should have posted this after NSD.

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Who's to say Drew Richmond won't sign with OM? You should have posted this after NSD.

That shit is done. He has been gone for almost a week. The bears were just scrambling.

ghostofjackie
02-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Hey Drew:

No.. DO NOT send a 17 year old recruit anything on Twitter. Please don't be that guy that looks like a giant douche tweeting at high school kids.

mic
02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
For a school to say they backed off 4* recruits after the 4* they had flip on them is so Oxford ..

sandwolf
02-03-2015, 03:59 PM
He's just placed. Not signed. We might sign him if we have extra space in the class IMO just for that assurance, although I haven't actually seen anyone say we were going to do that...

There was huge drama with Justin Cox that was mostly kept off the boards that ultimately ended up with us having a strained relationship with EMCC...

I forgot about the drama with Cox.....but I don't necessarily remember it being 'huge.' I just remember him deciding to visit Bama fairly late in the process, and then our coaches talking him out of it......seems like I remember him actually turning around when he was on his way to Tuscaloosa or something like that. But then I have heard bits and pieces about Mullen getting into it pretty good with the EMCC coach over that, so I suppose that could be the huge drama you are referring to.

But all that aside, when is the last time that we lost a recruit that we had placed in JUCO?