PDA

View Full Version : LL Day at Brookhaven High

TheRef
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM
According to Steve, the students are wearing team gear for the school they think Leo is going to. This will be interesting.

Steve Robertson
‏@ScoutSteveR
I am told it is Leo Lewis day at Brookhaven High. Students are wearing team gear for the school they feel he will choose tomorrow.

archdog
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Freeze is probably handing out tshirts in the parking lot. I laugh, but I wish Mullen was.

RougeDawg
02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Freeze is probably handing out tshirts in the parking lot. I laugh, but I wish Mullen was.

If there are more than 3 bear shirts you know someone is out there handing them out. Brookhaven has as many OM backers as Baghdad.

RBritt
02-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Lots of Bulldogs in Brookhaven.

MedDawg
02-03-2015, 01:26 PM
If there are more than 3 bear shirts you know someone is out there handing them out. Brookhaven has as many OM backers as Baghdad.

I don't know how Brookhaven or really any town, including my own, is split between OM and State people.

RAYn_Man
02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
They are actually having a "Leo Lewis Day"?

k

dawgs
02-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Leo lewis day? Jesus. And we wonder why these 17-18 year old kids think their shit doesn't stink. I love football, but if they had done that for anyone I went to HS with, I wouldn't wear anyone's colors. Jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2015, 02:52 PM
They are actually having a "Leo Lewis Day"?

k

Pretty sad. The kid hasn't accomplished anything yet. I hope he realizes how hard he is going to have to work to earn a starting position in the SEC.

defiantdog
02-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Pretty sad. The kid hasn't accomplished anything yet. I hope he realizes how hard he is going to have to work to earn a starting position in the SEC.

It's not like Leo asked for a day to be named after him. I think it's the school trying to feed off of his attention. Leo will be successful at the next level even if he doesn't go the State. The same "Pretty sad" statement could be said about all of us. We are a bunch of fans talking about recruits like we know them. To some people, that's pretty sad.

maroonmania
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
It's not like Leo asked for a day to be named after him. I think it's the school trying to feed off of his attention. Leo will be successful at the next level even if he doesn't go the State. The same "Pretty sad" statement could be said about all of us. We are a bunch of fans talking about recruits like we know them. To some people, that's pretty sad.

That's because we are a bunch of diehard MSU sports fans that like to discuss among each other things that affect MSU sports teams. It does seem a town or school having a "whoever" day when a kid picks a school is a little over the top. But I'm not surprised given how recruiting continues to blow up more and more every year. Before long there will be full blown parades.

Reason2succeed
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Actually from the High school perspective he has accomplished a lot. From State's perspective we love our NFL dawgs before they accomplish anything on that level too.

maroonmania
02-03-2015, 03:35 PM
That's because we are a bunch of diehard MSU sports fans that like to discuss among each other things that affect MSU sports teams. It does seem a town or school having a "whoever" day when a kid picks a school is a little over the top. But I'm not surprised given how recruiting continues to blow up more and more every year. Before long there will be full blown parades.

And I'll just add that I think its great for a kid to have an actual signing ceremony with family, friends and fans from his school. Just seems that when you start naming days after people how do you even determine the threshold of accomplishment that warrants something like that?

dawgs
02-03-2015, 04:21 PM
I would just feel so awkward being a HS kid and having my HS wanting my friends of grown up with to have "dawgs day".