PDA

View Full Version : Talty say...

CJDAWG85
02-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Bama has already asked Christian Bell to grayshirt. Weren't we high on his list?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Yea pretty much finished 2nd. Kids will learn 1 day.

preachermatt83
02-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Yea pretty much finished 2nd. Kids will learn 1 day.

it is my understanding that Justin Johnson has said that he was leaning to us before this.. we have a spot for him I promise you.

preachermatt83
02-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Collins was his primary but supposedly Turner has kept in constant contact with him.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2015, 12:47 AM
He's already said he will accept the greyshirt.

preachermatt83
02-03-2015, 12:54 AM
He's already said he will accept the greyshirt.

#Danhasspoken

Irondawg
02-03-2015, 01:05 AM
some guys just want to play for that program and are willing to wait.

cheewgumm
02-03-2015, 01:06 AM
It's ignorant, but good luck to that guy.

thf24
02-03-2015, 08:51 AM
It's always been crazy to me that so many talented but not quite elite guys would rather sit on the bench for three years at Bama (paying their own way for the first of those) just to get limited playing time in the final two, instead of going almost anywhere else and getting decent time by their second or third year. Somewhat similar with Kentucky in basketball. I guess they just demand that much prestige and respect among recruits, though it's hard for me to understand.

msstate7
02-03-2015, 08:54 AM
It's always been crazy to me that so many talented but not quite elite guys would rather sit on the bench for three years at Bama (paying their own way for the first of those) just to get limited playing time in the final two, instead of going almost anywhere else and getting decent time by their second or third year. Somewhat similar with Kentucky in basketball. I guess they just demand that much prestige and respect among recruits, though it's hard for me to understand.

They don't think they'll be sitting.

Johnson85
02-03-2015, 09:26 AM
It's always been crazy to me that so many talented but not quite elite guys would rather sit on the bench for three years at Bama (paying their own way for the first of those)

They think they are elite. If they're getting any type of scholarship interest from Bama, they've likely dominated whatever competition they've played. They don't believe it will be any different at Bama and for a lot of them, they turn out to be right.

BSME04
02-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Let me preface this by saying I know very little about the inner workings of recruiting. But isn't this basically the same thing our staff did to the Vigil kid with the exception that they gave him a month or more to find an alternative to the grey shirt instead of 36 hours? Where is the outrage from the high school coach and media?

Outside Dawg
02-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Let me preface this by saying I know very little about the inner workings of recruiting. But isn't this basically the same thing our staff did to the Vigil kid with the exception that they gave him a month or more to find an alternative to the grey shirt instead of 36 hours? Where is the outrage from the high school coach and media?

Robbie Faulk @robbiefaulk247 ? 19m 19 minutes ago
Interesting when Dan Mullen offers a greyshirt to a kid he should be boycotted by an entire state. Nick Saban does it and crickets.

Robbie Faulk @robbiefaulk247 ? 18m 18 minutes ago
When it's inside a month to signing day, there's going to be a greyshirt offer from Saban every year. But that Yankee Mullen better not....

WillClarkFan
02-03-2015, 10:40 AM
A greyshirt will only have to pay for the first semester. He will also only enroll as a part time student as to not let the clock start on his eligibility. He will benefit with workouts and getting use to the college setting. It's really not as bad as it seems.

maroonmania
02-03-2015, 10:44 AM
A greyshirt will only have to pay for the first semester. He will also only enroll as a part time student as to not let the clock start on his eligibility. He will benefit with workouts and getting use to the college setting. It's really not as bad as it seems.

The biggest downside is that Alabama will need to sign him in December, however, they are under no obligation to. I mean if Saban has other guys he wants and the numbers don't work he could technically be "processed" before ever getting a scholly at AL.

missouridawg
02-03-2015, 10:45 AM

It's really bad when it's a surprise.... And there is no two ways to slice that. Especially this close to signing day.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2015, 11:01 AM

As a greyshirt you're not allowed to workout with the team or use the facilities. It's basically a year away from football that's why most kids choose not to take a greyshirt offer.

WillClarkFan
02-03-2015, 11:59 AM
It's only the fall semester that they are restricted. Most enroll full time in Jan. So they can practice in the spring.

Really Clark?
02-03-2015, 12:04 PM
It's only the fall semester that they are restricted. Most enroll full time in Jan. So they can practice in the spring.

Like he said. A year from now. He will be away from Football a year. And they can decide not to make a part of next years class and drop him then. Your not even allowed at any team sponsored events.

maroonmania
02-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Like he said. A year from now. He will be away from Football a year. And they can decide not to make a part of next years class and drop him then. Your not even allowed at any team sponsored events.

That would be my fear. My question would be if you aren't willing to sign me up now what evidence do I have that you will sign me up in 10 months? Especially when you are dealing with a program like Alabama that runs kids in and out of their program like a factory mill.

defiantdog
02-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Bell is best friends with Humphrey. Humphrey redshirted last year. They understand they probably won't play their freshmen year. But a lot of kids from Alabama want to go to Bama or Auburn because it's been drivin into their heads since birth. If Mixon got a Bama offer, we'd be in trouble.

maroonmania
02-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Bell is best friends with Humphrey. Humphrey redshirted last year. They understand they probably won't play their freshmen year. But a lot of kids from Alabama want to go to Bama or Auburn because it's been drivin into their heads since birth. If Mixon got a Bama offer, we'd be in trouble.

Still a world of difference in redshirting and grayshirting. If its the kid's dream to play for Bama and he is OK with the risk then more power to him.

defiantdog
02-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Still a world of difference in redshirting and grayshirting. If its the kid's dream to play for Bama and he is OK with the risk then more power to him.

Very true..... it's difficult for these kids to turn down any offer from Bama or Auburn because of the pressure. It's not as difficult at the smaller schools like McAdory and Pinson, but the bigger schools put a lot of pressure on these kids.