PDA

View Full Version : SPS

Op4isabitch
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Does anyone stI'll visit that site? I quit because of the douchebag rebels that they allow over there, I'm guessing this site has surpassed them in hits per day after just a couple of years.

It's a shame because it was a decent site back in the early to mid 2000's

MSUDawg4Life
02-02-2015, 07:02 PM
No. Rarely go there.

Because of the douchbag owners and the douchbag rebals.

msstate7
02-02-2015, 07:03 PM
I visit it. I like it, but there's much more sports talk here

Dawgface
02-02-2015, 07:15 PM
I do. Seems like the same site it has always been.

BulldogDX55
02-02-2015, 07:32 PM
I visit it. I like it, but there's much more sports talk here

Basically this.

yjnkdawg
02-02-2015, 07:42 PM
I still visit SPS and rarely post, but ED is a lot better.

Coach34
02-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Hell I still check it every other day...They have about 2 good threads per week it seems. So there's that.

Crystal Balls
02-02-2015, 07:52 PM
I dont

Spiderman
02-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Yes and here.

But never Swan Lake.

FlabLoser
02-02-2015, 09:19 PM
I do once and a while and quickly tire of RebelBruiser and the like arguing about everything. That crap is a shame. There are some good folks over there in between the muck.

EAVdog
02-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I lost and read there. But don't engage in any threads with Rebs. Don't come to a board to get into bitchy arguments with twats.

Belegal
02-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Do enjoy TGIF and wednesday's post there- much better overall material here & few rebels!

notsofarawaydawg
02-02-2015, 09:48 PM
What is SPS? ******

yjnkdawg
02-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I do once and a while and quickly tire of RebelBruiser and the like arguing about everything. That crap is a shame. There are some good folks over there in between the muck.

Victory Red is another one who can be added with RB on the tire part.

DudyDawg
02-02-2015, 10:21 PM
I sometimes check when I've read through all the threads here and am bored. Two reasons I rarely look. One is that when I started looking at message boards I couldn't figure out the format there in my phone, but here worked well for me, so I stuck w it. The other is too many OT threads. I wish we had a few here, but they have far too many. It's usually at least half of page one

Dawg61
02-02-2015, 10:56 PM
SPS causes my iPad to freak out and continuously go to the App Store. Once that bug is fixed I'll visit it more.

engie
02-02-2015, 11:01 PM
I hate these threads. It angers me when I get "factioned" -- and threads like these are one of the things that causes the factioning. Why do people treat message boards like marriages? It's OK to be loyal to more than one at a time...

Still like it over there. It's the same thing SPS has always been. Still some excellent posters there and occasionally excellent discussion...

Op4isabitch
02-03-2015, 12:50 AM
Hey faction you Engie!***

Oh and for clarification, it's nothing like it use to be. In the early days after mean Gene caused the great divide, it was a great board. You could speak your mind and get cussed out for it if someone disagreed with you. Now you can't call a Rebel a *** or a c**t,which is really what a lot of them are or,you get charged with labeling. Anyway I digress.

Dawgtini
02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Hey faction you Engie!***

Oh and for clarification, it's nothing like it use to be. In the early days after mean Gene caused the great divide, it was a great board. You could speak your mind and get cussed out for it if someone disagreed with you. Now you can't call a Rebel a *** or a c**t,which is really what a lot of them are or,you get charged with labeling. Anyway I digress.
Correct, it is not what it used to be. I joined SPS back during the coaching search that resulted in Croomz. Nothing like it used to be these days regarding the quantity and quality of MSU sports talk.

Saltydog
02-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Never post over there at all.........A couple of the mods there are bitches..........

dickiedawg
02-03-2015, 09:38 AM
I hate these threads. It angers me when I get "factioned" -- and threads like these are one of the things that causes the factioning. Why do people treat message boards like marriages? It's OK to be loyal to more than one at a time...

Still like it over there. It's the same thing SPS has always been. Still some excellent posters there and occasionally excellent discussion...

I agree with some of this. People should feel free to read and post on both and should feel no pressure to choose one to be "loyal" to. I read both regularly and post when I feel I have something meaningful to add.
However, I tend to check ED first and more often.

I hate it when someone makes a reference to EliteDawgs as a fringe batch of nutjob conspiracy theorists, which seems to be the general consensus any time the subject comes up. That's to be expected from the Rebel posters, but I don't know why MSU fans can't spend enough time here to figure out that's not the case.
Yes, all the rebel posters on SPS chap my ass, too. I just don't enjoy reading rebel posters spewing their bullshit all over the place, and it seems like every week there's a new batch whose sole goal in life is to defend all things Ole Miss. Some of the UM guys that have been there forever are OK, but it's just too much.
Also feel I should mention that every board has posters I would rather not see.

Dawgology
02-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Does anyone stI'll visit that site? I quit because of the douchebag rebels that they allow over there, I'm guessing this site has surpassed them in hits per day after just a couple of years.

It's a shame because it was a decent site back in the early to mid 2000's

It used to be the first place I visited on the web in the morning. That has been replaced by elite dawgs. I don't have a problem with SPS...it's still a good forum...it's just that there seems to be less discussion regarding the MSU program than over here. Especially during recruiting season. Honestly...elite dawgs seems to have more of an inside track on information regarding the program these days.

FlabLoser
02-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I agree with some of this. People should feel free to read and post on both and should feel no pressure to choose one to be "loyal" to. I read both regularly and post when I feel I have something meaningful to add.
However, I tend to check ED first and more often.

I hate it when someone makes a reference to EliteDawgs as a fringe batch of nutjob conspiracy theorists, which seems to be the general consensus any time the subject comes up. That's to be expected from the Rebel posters, but I don't know why MSU fans can't spend enough time here to figure out that's not the case.
Yes, all the rebel posters on SPS chap my ass, too. I just don't enjoy reading rebel posters spewing their bullshit all over the place, and it seems like every week there's a new batch whose sole goal in life is to defend all things Ole Miss. Some of the UM guys that have been there forever are OK, but it's just too much.
Also feel I should mention that every board has posters I would rather not see.

Agree completely. There is some good content on SPS. I just don't care to dodge all the rebels and OT threads to find it. Just a personal preference and I certainly don't mind if others are more patient and accepting of SPS than me.

And I'm glad for the good posters that share both places.

M.Fillmore
02-03-2015, 10:01 AM
I catch Engie's point but the fallacy is when you have a mod (HD6) who states that anyone who posts factual evidence about your rival will be banned, then the site has become of little consideration to many. Also, having a Baffoon's Pancake Rabbit as a moderator for an MSU board is beyond comprehension.

Don't hold your breath and wait for the Bears to make Coach34 a moderator of their biggest message board.

cheewgumm
02-03-2015, 10:10 AM
I still check it out and like it ok. It is completely ironic how it worked out with SPS and Elitedwgs given their history.