PDA

View Full Version : Just saw on twitter where OM just got a 3 star commit today for this class....

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Some CB that everyone thought would end up at Kentucky. I thought OM had a small class this year, so does this commit say anything about what they are now expecting on Wednesday? Just wondering if anything can be read into that. Seems like an odd committment out of left field for 2 days before NSD. Thoughts?

ETA: Montrell Custis is his name.

thf24
02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Isn't he one of the guys Bama processed in the last few weeks? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but my first guess would be OM heard they're out of it with someone and moved down the board.

Alldawg
02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Some CB that everyone thought would end up at Kentucky. I thought OM had a small class this year, so does this commit say anything about what they are now expecting on Wednesday? Just wondering if anything can be read into that. Seems like an odd committment out of left field for 2 days before NSD. Thoughts?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?28063-Alabama-has-processed-another-commit-Montrell-Custis

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 04:52 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?28063-Alabama-has-processed-another-commit-Montrell-Custis

Thanks, you would think I would remember a thread I commented in, but I didnt, haha

Alldawg
02-02-2015, 05:00 PM
What is funny is how a recruit that de-commits from Alabama and signs with a Mississippi school loses a star. If I am not mistaken, Moton lost one too.

jumbo
02-02-2015, 05:04 PM
What is funny is how a recruit that de-commits from Alabama and signs with a Mississippi school loses a star. If I am not mistaken, Moton lost one too.

Moton lost his while he was still committed to Bama though

starkvegasdawg
02-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Moton lost his while he was still committed to Bama though

Preemptive strike.

DancingRabbit
02-02-2015, 05:35 PM

Star inflation. Offers from a top 5-10 program adds a star, but it's a little more blatant to pull those stars when they are processed or de-commit.

This phenomenon started biting Texas in the ass a few years ago. You still have to know how to evaluate talent and potential. A few years ago when I lived in Dallas I would have Longhorn fans tell me that Mack was such an awesome recruiter but his coaching wasn't up to par. I would tell them that Mack could offer a dead armadillo and recruiting sites would give him 5 stars.

codeDawg
02-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Maybe something happened with Jalen Julius and he's headed to Louisville.

RIdog
02-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Plan B . OR maybe they're gonna try to put 50 pounds on him and switch him to LB . :)

gravedigger
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Star inflation. Offers from a top 5-10 program adds a star, but it's a little more blatant to pull those stars when they are processed or de-commit.

This phenomenon started biting Texas in the ass a few years ago. You still have to know how to evaluate talent and potential. A few years ago when I lived in Dallas I would have Longhorn fans tell me that Mack was such an awesome recruiter but his coaching wasn't up to par. I would tell them that Mack could offer a dead armadillo and recruiting sites would give him 5 stars.

Precicely. Thus explaining why the top teams have all the starred players.

Simple argument in a circle.

WillClarkFan
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Since we are already talking about a OM recruit, I will add to the conversation.

He was commited to bama as noted but de-commited when another safety was offered. It seem like maybe a little competition might had scared him off. But he was ranked a 4* by Scout and their data base still has him as a 4*. Ranked 28th in the country at his position. #3 in Georgia.

I doubt this was a plan B cause looking at OM roster, this was a need. But He fell in their lap you ask me, since he was not on their radar until he de-commited.

codeDawg
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Someone just told me they missed on Julius, or at least were not close enough on a guy in a need position to keep playing games. Expect Nancy to say they "pulled his offer".

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing myself.

mic
02-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Since we are already talking about a OM recruit, I will add to the conversation.

He was commited to bama as noted but de-commited when another safety was offered. It seem like maybe a little competition might had scared him off. But he was ranked a 4* by Scout and their data base still has him as a 4*. Ranked 28th in the country at his position. #3 in Georgia.

I doubt this was a plan B cause looking at OM roster, this was a need. But He fell in their lap you ask me, since he was not on their radar until he de-commited.

It was probably a grey shirt offer or a cooling off from Bama...

Leroy Jenkins
02-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Just added a 3* DT from TX. They must be getting some bad news on the others.

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Just added a 3* DT from TX. They must be getting some bad news on the others.

Kinda what I'm thinking

yjnkdawg
02-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Someone just told me they missed on Julius, or at least were not close enough on a guy in a need position to keep playing games. Expect Nancy to say they "pulled his offer".

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing myself.

Fancy Pants Nancy may have to report some other offers they pulled, too. I think his credibility, on the OM sites has reached an all time low.