PDA

View Full Version : Florida just offered Daryl Williams.

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 12:11 PM
It would suck to lose him this late in the game. Hope he sticks with us.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Not too worried about this 1. A place 7hrs away that's he's never been too & the only guy he knows on staff is Collins who when he left MSU Williams didn't even blink. Too little too late on this I believe.

msstate7
02-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Has he visited there?

msstate7
02-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Not too worried about this 1. A place 7hrs away that's he's never been too & the only guy he knows on staff is Collins who when he left MSU Williams didn't even blink. Too little too late on this I believe.

So no visit and hasn't met coaches? If he signs with florida, he just didn't want to be here. If I'm Daryl, I'd be offended they offered like this

Homedawg
02-02-2015, 12:19 PM
They tried to get him to come for a visit this past weekend. He chose not to go

engie
02-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Speaking of Florida -- sheesh at that recruiting class. If you are their fans, you have to still be panicking a bit.

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Florida -- sheesh at that recruiting class. If you are their fans, you have to still be panicking a bit.

It could be worse, Kentucky's class is being picked off daily. I think they have lost 7 guys in the last two weeks to bigger and better programs. They lost another one today to UNC.

msstate7
02-02-2015, 12:21 PM

Collins may have made a bad career decision. 2 years from now this class could really bite them

msstate7
02-02-2015, 12:22 PM
It could be worse, Kentucky's class is being picked off daily. I think they have lost 7 guys in the last two weeks to bigger and better programs. They lost another one today to UNC.

Good thing they got stoops that extension**

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 12:32 PM

That's why I think Cece ends up at OM

Ifyouonlyknew
02-02-2015, 12:43 PM
That's why I think Cece ends up at OM

Thing is Florida has a chance to still end up with a top 20-25 class. They have the potential to have an all time great close in the next 2 days.

CeCe Jefferson, Byron Cowart, Martez Ivey, Jeffrey Holland, Jordan Scarlett, Deondre Francois, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Davis, Jordan Cronkite, etc. They have huge list of high 3*, 4*, & 5* guys they're in on that could turn this class from a laugher to the talk of ESPN.

mic
02-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Thing is Florida has a chance to still end up with a top 20-25 class. They have the potential to have an all time great close in the next 2 days.

CeCe Jefferson, Byron Cowart, Martez Ivey, Jeffrey Holland, Jordan Scarlett, Deondre Francois, Lamar Jackson, Ryan Davis, Jordan Cronkite, etc. They have huge list of high 3*, 4*, & 5* guys they're in on that could turn this class from a laugher to the talk of ESPN.

Exactly.. And all these kids are from Fla..
No way UF misses out on a lot of these guys.. They probably won't get everyone they are after but They are still UF..

codeDawg
02-02-2015, 12:57 PM

That's good news. KY is already becoming a pain in the ass. I still think that game broke the rest of our season by tweaking up Dak and a few other guys. They need to stay where they are supposed to be.

Bama_Dawg
02-02-2015, 01:31 PM
That's good news. KY is already becoming a pain in the ass. I still think that game broke the rest of our season by tweaking up Dak and a few other guys. They need to stay where they are supposed to be.

This is exactly what LSU, Auburn, and TAMU are saying about us...

HSVDawg
02-02-2015, 02:39 PM

Its probably not all that unexpected considering that they had a lame duck coaching staff in place from about late October through early to mid December. Good chance that pretty much everyone on Muschamp's staff mailed it in on the recruiting trail that entire time if not longer, and recruits can read the writing on the wall in those situations. Its the same thing that happened at the end of Nutt's tenure at Ole Miss and look what that did to Freeze's first class.

engie
02-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Just read a bit on Gator Country about CeCe -- and they think they are about to clean up in recruiting in the next few days...

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Just read a bit on Gator Country about CeCe -- and they think they are about to clean up in recruiting in the next few days...

I would love it if they did

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2015, 03:15 PM

It better be CeCe, because they aren't getting Cowart and Holland. AU has taken care of that. Unless they pull a Mario Austin/Justin Reed type move, those scholarship offers have been accepted.

Florida is all over the place the 247 Florida guys are saying he is going elsewhere. I think the kid stays home.

blacklistedbully
02-02-2015, 03:35 PM

I still chuckle about this UK dude I used to get into it with on Rivals. Couple of years ago he was counting us as an "expected win" for their program, because "they had an all-time winning record versus us" so were the better program today.

MabenMaroon
02-02-2015, 08:15 PM
The main thing lacking with UF is a high caliber D1 qb. They already have a decent stock of rb's, wr's, db's with olympic type speed and have some pretty stout linemen on both sides of the ball. There already is potential NFL talent laced throughout the team. The main key to any near or short term success will whether McIlwaine (?) can recruit and develop some qb's and manage the team as a whole. He did pretty well at CSU at their level of competition but it will definitely be a wait and see type of deal to see if can get it done at the SEC level without Saban's tutelage. Just hope they stay the 17 away from our commits this year, I think we will be able to handle the head to head with them going forward.