PDA

View Full Version : SEC network replaying a game from

Leroy Jenkins
02-01-2015, 10:25 PM
When MSU basketball was good. We brought 3000 to Tuscaloosa, barely draw that many at home now.

99jc
02-01-2015, 10:38 PM
When MSU basketball was good. We brought 3000 to Tuscaloosa, barely draw that many at home now.

coach back then. Give me controversy over shit team anytime.

msstate7
02-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Stansbury is gone dude. You really need to move on.

99jc
02-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Stansbury is gone dude. You really need to move on.

And hopefully so will Ricky Ray

msstate7
02-01-2015, 10:53 PM

He might be gone after next season. Until then, I'll be pulling for him. If he's fired next year, I'll be behind the new coach then.

Dawg61
02-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Nostalgia heaven!! Love those huge old jerseys. Great game!

cbrunt29
02-01-2015, 11:25 PM
**Goosebumps**

shoeless joe
02-01-2015, 11:29 PM
One of the greatest sporting events Ive ever attended. That was a fun year.

HoopsDawg
02-01-2015, 11:34 PM

and Rick couldn't even get this group to the sweet 16.

Dawg61
02-01-2015, 11:43 PM
and Rick couldn't even get this group to the sweet 16.

Didn't Roberts get hurt and we had to play the hottest team in the country Xavier that had just destroyed #1 and undefeated St. Joe's? Nobody was beating Xavier that day.

mstatefan91
02-01-2015, 11:48 PM

That's kinda sad...

Coach34
02-02-2015, 12:05 AM

We were going for a title that day. We didnt normally have 3K at Bama for games- not even half that

Coach34
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Didn't Roberts get hurt and we had to play the hottest team in the country Xavier that had just destroyed #1 and undefeated St. Joe's? Nobody was beating Xavier that day.

yesssssss, Xavier just was so good that day. Had nothing to do with our lack of defense. Remember, we had beaten them earlier in the season. Poor Stands just always had bad luck didnt he?

Dawg61
02-02-2015, 01:07 AM
yesssssss, Xavier just was so good that day. Had nothing to do with our lack of defense. Remember, we had beaten them earlier in the season. Poor Stands just always had bad luck didnt he?

Not sure if serious. Nobody was beating Xavier that day. They were insanely hot.

shoeless joe
02-02-2015, 07:55 AM

While I am of the opinion that Xavier was goin to be tough for anyone to beat that day, stands did make a strategical error rite before halftime that I've always felt cost us. He put in a couple guys...stelmach being one, maybe more...that didn't normally see PT in big games. I'm sure his strategy was to keep the horses fresh for the stretch run since they had played 2 days earlier but I remember that decision costing us. It seems like maybe we were up a decent amount when that subbing started, maybe around 3 minutes to go in the first half, and then Xavier seized the momentum. And of course hit the ridiculous shot at the end of the half.

So while bad luck did affect stands in the tourney he made a couple decisions that led him down the bad luck road. FWIW losing to butler wasn't bad luck, we were out coached, but the Texas game in Dallas was actually one of stands best coaching efforts there in the 2nd half. Coming back from the huge deficit. If Z doesn't travel late in that game I believe we win it. So, point being, 2 out of those 3 were poor coaching jobs but having to play Texas in Dallas and showing the effort we did late was a positive reflection of his coaching ability.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2015, 09:51 AM
We were going for a title that day. We didnt normally have 3K at Bama for games- not even half that

Going for a title......man I miss stuff like that. I even miss being on the wrong side of the bubble. But hey, at least we play hard when we are losing. That's improvement, right?

DownwardDawg
02-02-2015, 10:44 AM

I'm on your side about Stans, but you have to remember Xavier hitting threes from half court that day. They could have shot blindfolded. Unreal how hot they were.

drunkernhelldawg
02-02-2015, 01:13 PM

Amazing demonstration of memory loss. Or born yesterday? I also don't get how you peg Stans' teams with "lack of defense". Most of those teams were outstanding and well-coached defensively.

tcdog70
02-02-2015, 07:35 PM

Did you ever go to Bama to watch us play? I've gone to several and a couple of thousand was pretty common. It not but 80 miles.