PDA

View Full Version : For those that like to keep up with Ole Miss recruiting...

HoopsDawg
02-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Here is who they have in play...

1. Drew Richmond- 4 star OL, committed to OM, but also considering UT, UT feels they are the team to beat
2. Demarcus Lodge- 5 star WR, Yancy feels great about this one
3. Van Jefferson- 4 star WR, current commitment to OM, but looking at Michigan
4. Leo Lewis- mainly looking at LSU and MSU now
5. Jaason Lewis, 4 star RB/Ath currently committed to ASU that OM feels they will flip
6. Cece Jefferson- 5star DE, also looking at LSU, UF, and AU; Yancy feels good about this one
7. Jalen Julius- 3 star that Yancy is hyping as a big time player. 99% to OM but apparently has offers from UL and ND. Just got a Miami offer recently
8. Jeff Holland, 4 star LB- either OM or AU
9. Kevin Scott: OM, USC or Miami- DT

As you can see, their class is still very much in doubt. It could be a great class, a good class, or even a bad class. Scary situation just 3 days from signing day.

Meanwhile, we are finished except for Miggins and Lewis.

Big4Dawg
02-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Cece is just 4*. He's the number 7 overall player.

And they are out of it with Leo, Holland

CadaverDawg
02-01-2015, 08:10 PM
They will have a good class even if they just get the few they feel great about.

Meanwhile I saw a tweet from an SEC account (could be an OM fan, but their tweets don't look like it) that says "reports say the Leo Lewis decommittment was orchestrated by Ole miss and he will still be signing with the Rebels". Take it for what it's worth of course.

GreenheadDawg
02-01-2015, 08:12 PM
A&M feels like Lodge follows his buddy QB back to college station

Bothrops
02-01-2015, 08:12 PM
I think he's done with them, but they are a bunch of crooks..

GreenheadDawg
02-01-2015, 08:16 PM
I think that's BS. But that's just me. I don't think LL would do that just so Freeze could get a hard one

HoopsDawg
02-01-2015, 08:21 PM
They will have a good class even if they just get the few they feel great about.

Meanwhile I saw a tweet from an SEC account (could be an OM fan, but their tweets don't look like it) that says "reports say the Leo Lewis decommittment was orchestrated by Ole miss and he will still be signing with the Rebels". Take it for what it's worth of course.

If they hold on to Richmond and Van and add CeCe and Lodge, it's a heck of class that rivals the Knemdiche class, but it also has potential for disaster. That's the risk when you go head to head with the big boys on out of state guys.

BossDawg
02-01-2015, 08:23 PM

Surely to God if they do this again people will start catching on to their desperate shenanigans and call them out on it. I do not understand how more people can't see through their attention starved stunts. It boggles my mind.

Op4isabitch
02-01-2015, 08:24 PM

That would be shitty of Leo to do that to Farrod.
I just don't see him doing that to his best friend.

klong-dog
02-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I hope OM continues to put all their hopes in out of state guys with less concentration on the in state.

I seen it dawg
02-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Leo to state

maroonmania
02-01-2015, 08:49 PM

I personally don't think that is what is going on either but if it was the case, I would feel much better about not getting Leo because anyone that would go along with that kind of garbage is likely not the kind of person we need as part of our program anyway.

Coach34
02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
I hope OM continues to put all their hopes in out of state guys with less concentration on the in state.

If Leo signs with us as expected- It would give us 7 of the top 10 in Miss

cheewgumm
02-01-2015, 10:43 PM
If we get Lewis and Peters, our D is going to be sick.

msstate7
02-01-2015, 10:54 PM
If we get Lewis and Peters, our D is going to be sick.

Gerri green will be a Rfreshman with them too

843dawg
02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Their 247 site is going full retard on the Lewis decommitment. Hilarious!

yjnkdawg
02-01-2015, 11:02 PM

This does not make any sense on this Freeze orchestrated plan. I think all that started on NAFOOM or Yancy. THe timing of Leo's decommitment does make sense, though, if this was his choice. Doing this while out-of-state and then returning back home during the dead period, should put a stop on anything OM does, provided Leo does not want to have any more contact with them. But as I said on another thread, nothing OM does concerning their recruiting tatics and trying to get national recognition surprises me.

smootness
02-01-2015, 11:08 PM

That account has like 32 followers. It's not a real account.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2015, 11:10 PM
That account has like 32 followers. It's not a real account.

Good.

cbrunt29
02-01-2015, 11:13 PM
The account has like 30 followers and about half the tweets are OM related.

Just an idiot bear trying to stir shit up I think

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-01-2015, 11:17 PM
As you can see, their class is still very much in doubt. It could be a great class, a good class, or even a bad class. Scary situation just 3 days from signing.

They will probably finish with 7 or 8 of those 9. History says they will close well with a great class.

GreenheadDawg
02-01-2015, 11:24 PM
They will probably finish with 7 or 8 of those 9. History says they will close well with a great class.

I think they finish with CeCe, lodge, and Richmond

Todd4State
02-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Is there any recruit that Yancy doesn't feel good about besides Leo Lewis?

msstate7
02-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Is there any recruit that Yancy doesn't feel good about besides Leo Lewis?

He felt good about leo Friday

preachermatt83
02-02-2015, 12:26 AM

It is MUCH more likely that he has been a hard state commit all along and our staff felt confident enough in his commitment to them that they played the game. I firmly believe He signs with State and I believe our staff has known it all along.

preachermatt83
02-02-2015, 12:28 AM
anybody got a link to ESPN's coverage schedule? Is Leo supposed to have his announcement covered? What time is he announcing? What about some of the other guys like Miggins? and some of the OM targets?

engie
02-02-2015, 12:33 AM

One good year where the stars aligned for them(where they actually batted way the hell less than '7 or 8 of 9') = "history, expect it every year"... apparently...

As long as you consider yourself their bitch, you ARE their bitch....

Leroy Jenkins
02-02-2015, 07:39 AM
I think the home state schools win for the kids from FL, TN and MI. The FL kid lives a few miles from UF and there is huge fan pressure. Butch is coming on strong for the Memphis kid and they rolled out the carpet bigtime. Harbaugh has energized UM recruiting, helps with the Detroit kid.

AlSwearengen
02-02-2015, 09:15 AM
I think the home state schools win for the kids from FL, TN and MI. The FL kid lives a few miles from UF and there is huge fan pressure. Butch is coming on strong for the Memphis kid and they rolled out the carpet bigtime. Harbaugh has energized UM recruiting, helps with the Detroit kid.

I could definitely see the memphis kid to TN. His girlfriend goes there and the tenn. boosters would go toe to toe with the olemiss network. Will Michigan boosters match the network? Coach reports that CeCe's momma wants him at olemiss. It will say alot about the bidding price if Florida doesn't match the network's package. If they pull the WR from texas, holy shit!!
His teammate is headed to A&M and A&M has top rated QB recruits coming out of their ears and they throw the ball every down. Olemiss' QB situation is a crap shoot from year to year. We are going to see if the regional schools' boosters have gotten tired of olemiss' ridiculous bidding and go all in as well.

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2015, 09:45 AM
I tried to tell y'all last week - they have had several defections, and I expect more.

They lose out on Richmond, Van and Lewis. Richmond was the one I heard about early last week.

I think they have the best shot with Lodge, but who cares - let them field an intramural team.

Their class had boom or bust potential - looks like it is going bust.

fishwater99
02-02-2015, 09:46 AM
I could definitely see the memphis kid to TN. His girlfriend goes there and the tenn. boosters would go toe to toe with the olemiss network. Will Michigan boosters match the network? Coach reports that CeCe's momma wants him at olemiss. It will say alot about the bidding price if Florida doesn't match the network's package. If they pull the WR from texas, holy shit!!
His teammate is headed to A&M and A&M has top rated QB recruits coming out of their ears and they throw the ball every down. Olemiss' QB situation is a crap shoot from year to year. We are going to see if the regional schools' boosters have gotten tired of olemiss' ridiculous bidding and go all in as well.

Why not match them, the NCAA doesn't care...

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 09:53 AM
I tried to tell y'all last week - they have had several defections, and I expect more.

They lose out on Richmond, Van and Lewis. Richmond was the one I heard about early last week.

I think they have the best shot with Lodge, but who cares - let them field an intramural team.

Their class had boom or bust potential - looks like it is going bust.

If they get Cece and Lodge in addition to what they already have, that's a good class. Wouldn't you agree?

Something tells me they get Cece, Lodge, and Holland.

Who are the supposed "package deal" guys? Are they still sticking together?

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
If they get Cece and Lodge in addition to what they already have, that's a good class. Wouldn't you agree?

Something tells me they get Cece, Lodge, and Holland.

What were the supposed "package deal" guys?

Holland is going to AU - bears aren't a player. He was in Auburn this weekend on an unofficial visit.

They won't hold onto Richmond and they have already lost out on Lewis. I don't think they get CeCe. So they may lose two top 100 recruits and only add one.

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Holland is going to AU - bears aren't a player. He was in Auburn this weekend on an unofficial visit.

They won't hold onto Richmond and they have already lost out on Lewis. I don't think they get CeCe. So they may lose two top 100 recruits and only add one.

If you're right and they don't get Leo, Van, Richmond, Cece, OR Holland...ouch. It would be awesome. Lodge isn't such a huge pickup if they lose the rest

mic
02-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Wanna bet.....

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Hancock, why don't you think they get Cece? He seems to favor them, so I'm just curious.

Cece announces last on Wednesday, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him follow the earlier guys. If several of them choose OM, I think Cece will too...but if they don't, Cece may just go Florida

Ifyouonlyknew
02-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Leo - OM is out
Richmond - Today trending TN but OM has 24hrs to stem the tide
CeCe - Nobody truly knows he's played the game perfect wouldn't shock me if he went to OM, FLA, or Bama
Holland - Auburn bound unless Cowart & CeCe both choose FLA & pulls him there
Van - Michigan is extremely confident & he is originally from Michigan
Lodge - Closest thing to an OM lock of anybody they're after. Originally from MS & former teammate Adeboyejo is at OM

Thompson92
02-02-2015, 10:10 AM
A lot of Aggies feel good about Lodge. Apparently he's close to Kyler Murray.

CadaverDawg
02-02-2015, 10:13 AM
A lot of Aggies feel good about Lodge. Apparently he's close to Kyler Murray.

Hilarious if..

Leo- Mississippi State
Lodge- A&M
Cece- Florida
Holland- Auburn
Van- Michigan
Richmond- Tennessee

Johnson85
02-02-2015, 10:22 AM

I don't see UM casting doubts on their recruiting class with their other high profile recruits. In December or even January, they get a headline out of it. At this point, if other recruits see a top rated prospect bailing, that might make them just a little more likely to go somewhere else also. I'm guessing there are too many other big prospects on the fence for UM to encourage Lewis to decommit, as they know other schools are now claiming their recruiting class is falling apart and any of the top flight guys that go there now are going to be surrounded by players that can't help them win.

Not saying UM won't get Lewis in the end, I just don't think this was orchestrated.

engie
02-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Hilarious if..

Leo- Mississippi State
Lodge- A&M
Cece- Florida
Holland- Auburn
Van- Michigan
Richmond- Tennessee

It's going to be a pretty epic day for them one way or another...

HancockCountyDog
02-02-2015, 11:12 AM

If they get two out of Van, CeCe, Richmond, and Lodge it will be good. Definitely not great. 3? Better than good. 4? **** those cheating bastids.

Honestly though I think it hinges on CeCe and Richmond. If they strike out on both of those guys, they are ****ed. Those are impact players at SEC positions. Personally, I just don't want them to get CeCe, impact DE's can make a world of difference to a defense.

Look at AU this past year with no Carl Lawson - totally different defense.

mic
02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
If they get two out of Van, CeCe, Richmond, and Lodge it will be good. Definitely not great. 3? Better than good. 4? **** those cheating bastids.

Honestly though I think it hinges on CeCe and Richmond. If they strike out on both of those guys, they are ****ed. Those are impact players at SEC positions. Personally, I just don't want them to get CeCe, impact DE's can make a world of difference to a defense.

Look at AU this past year with no Carl Lawson - totally different defense.

I agree...
And this isn't setting up like it did 2 years ago..
Everyone basically knew that Nkdemechie Conner and Tunsil were a done deal By this time.. That's why espn was live at Oxford..

RougeDawg
02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
It's going to be a pretty epic day for them one way or another...

What will their spin be if they whiff on all of these, "Bucky pulled their offers at the end"?

mic
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
What will their spin be if they whiff on all of these, "Bucky pulled their offers at the end"?

They will pimp their 2016 class . Probably try and get (pay) another player to commit to that class before the weekend.

Big4Dawg
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM
If they don't get Cece, the really lack on the DL. Only 1 HS DL committed, and he's 212 lbs.

QB 2 (1 JUCO)
RB: 1
WR: 1
TE: 1
OL: 3
DE: 1 (he's 212 lbs)
DT: 1 (JUCO)
OLB: 2 (1 JUCO)
CB: 3 (1 JUCO)
S: 1

ScottH
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
They will pimp their 2016 class . Probably try and get (pay) another player to commit to that class before the weekend.

Winning answer.

yjnkdawg
02-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Leo - OM is out
Richmond - Today trending TN but OM has 24hrs to stem the tide
CeCe - Nobody truly knows he's played the game perfect wouldn't shock me if he went to OM, FLA, or Bama
Holland - Auburn bound unless Cowart & CeCe both choose FLA & pulls him there
Van - Michigan is extremely confident & he is originally from Michigan
Lodge - Closest thing to an OM lock of anybody they're after. Originally from MS & former teammate Adeboyejo is at OM

I saw an article that said Van's Dad did not want Van to conmmit to OM.

dawg27
02-02-2015, 02:37 PM
If Leo signs with us as expected- It would give us 7 of the top 10 in Miss

I do think he is done with the bear/sharks. I was talking with a bear/shark fan now they are saying that leo was not that good anyway. I love watching the melt down that is happening in oxford.