PDA

View Full Version : Missouri friend response

shannondawg
01-31-2015, 10:06 AM
I sent him an email this morning requesting that they whip that rebel butt . Here is part of the reply I got from him.

"Our coaching hire was not a good one and I think that is the reason why our AD resigned. Our new President came in from Texas A&M and is a real rah rah guy for athletics. I think that he got upset about this basketball team and forced Alden out. My guess is that Kim Anderson (our coach) will get next year to turn it around or off with his head. It's pretty cool, I think that the President of the University is that way. It's about time we had a guy like this rather than some English Professor who couldn't care less about our teams like we have had in the past."

engie
01-31-2015, 10:24 AM
It was a lackluster hire. Especially with Frank Haith, a pretty average coach in his own right IMO, kicking tail and taking names after spurning Mizzou for Tulsa. Haith won big in year 1 at Mizzou as well. Seems his single best quality is a coach is evaluating situations well before he walks into them.

That said, I think Kim Anderson is probably a good coach. Just wasn't a big splash. Took him a little while to get going at Central Mizzou and then was pretty good for a long time and won a title in his final season. We'll see where he's at this time next year.