PDA

View Full Version : It's really amazing to see how this year's offense was one of the SEC's best ever

Coach34
01-30-2015, 03:44 PM
in Total Offense and just obliterated school records.

We set the school record in 2013 for Total Offense at 433 ypg. 2014? 513 ypg.
We set the school record for TD's in a season in 2013 with 48. 2014? 64 TD's
We broke the 2012 record for passing TD's in a season...was 28...now 31

And what is scary? 2015's offense should be better

We return the best QB in the SEC and one of the best in the country

We return our Top 3 WR's in TD's caught
We return 2 of our top 3 pass-catchers in catches
We return 4 of our top 5 in Yards per catch

We return bruising RB's that will hit it up inside

Hev has to get his guys ready. Big Spring ahead for this bunch. Adding a 4-star juco OT rated #1 at his position in the country sure didnt hurt. Desper played alot and got a start under his belt this past season.

I cant wait.

maroonmania
01-30-2015, 03:48 PM
I feel really good about the offense next year even with having to plug a few holes on the OL. The Diaz defense will probably make or break us next year.

Coach34
01-30-2015, 03:52 PM
It's crazy we averaged 513 yards per game. Averaged to lead the SEC.

There were years Crooms offenses could even average 300 yards- and he didnt think there was any need to make a change

Offshore Dawg
01-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Being on the north side of 60 years. I have seen many more lean than good years. I don't think most Dawgs respect what Dan has done here. To those of you bitching about the Dawgs not getting any respect in the preseason polls. MSU has a history of not being good in back to back years, and that is the perception that the less informed people expect.

SignalToNoise
01-30-2015, 04:20 PM
in Total Offense and just obliterated school records.

We set the school record in 2013 for Total Offense at 433 ypg. 2014? 513 ypg.

We return our Top 3 WR's in TD's caught
We return 2 of our top 3 pass-catchers in catches
We return 4 of our top 5 in Yards per catch

We return bruising RB's that will hit it up inside

Hev has to get his guys ready. Big Spring ahead for this bunch. Adding a 4-star juco OT rated #1 at his position in the country sure didnt hurt. Desper played alot and got a start under his belt this past season.

I cant wait.

Thanks for posting. I honestly did not realize we shattered that 2013 single-season TD mark. That just seems crazy to me.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Desper actually started 2 games. A&M & UT-Martin.

QuadrupleOption
01-30-2015, 04:38 PM

How awesome is it that Dak Prescott accounted for almost as many TDs in 2014 (42) than the entire team had in 2013 (48)?

I agree - I think we are going to be right back in the thick of things this Fall. Gonna be awesome.

EAVdog
01-30-2015, 04:41 PM
And we held back in a lot of OOC games.

We also have Joc Johnson who should be able to provide additional depth. I think we'll be fine on the OL if we can get one good LT out of the bunch. I think we'll be fine at RT. If it turns out that Rankin is @ LT, Senior at RT, then Joc Johnson can be the 3rd OT. Or maybe someone else. But we'll have depth. Not real worried about Guard play we just seem to be able to get good Guard play no matter.

I would like to see some 2 back sets though to maybe take some relief off Dak.

EAVdog
01-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Also Imagine this year with our 2010 Defense? Yeah that would have perhaps gotten us over the hump and into the playoffs.

Good thing is that we can recreate that with the Return of Manny. I liked Collins but I've come to the realization that we've probably upgraded our staff.

justwin
01-30-2015, 04:53 PM
It all goes back to the QB in college football. Your OL, defense, playcalling are all better with a good qb. We officially turned the corner from being "net negative" to "net positive" at the QB position 3 years ago. Now, we're starting to see "net above avg" qb play.

I really think Staley is going to be all world before he's done.

Coach34
01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Staley has a lot of talent- needs to get tougher they say

Percho
01-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Has Robinson heard anything yet?

msstate7
01-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Rb between shump, lee, aeris, and maybe a true freshman will be the battle most intriguing to me along with lt

Coach34
01-30-2015, 05:22 PM
If Rankin ends up at LT- then he should be very good. Hev is likely going to want to put Senior there

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-30-2015, 05:59 PM
I feel like we have a chance to upgrade physically up front, specifically the interior. Not worried about T w/ the depth Rufus, Joq, & possibly Drob bring. This unit needs to be battle tested before we make up for the experience we're losing, but we will be more talented & more athletic. They'll be tested early by LSU, so I hope they can pull together pretty fast. We will see an upgrade in pass pro & lead blocking from the RB position when Shump is on the field. IDK what Walley brings to the run game, but I would love to see Hutch become a great blocking TE.

Jack Lambert
01-30-2015, 06:10 PM
I got friends in other SEC states and they think I am crazy when I say next years team will be better than this one. We were deep last season and all they see is what is said in the media about all the starters we lost. There are going to be a lot of people surprise. In fact I would not be surprise if Miss state hosted game day at lest twice next season.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2015, 07:19 PM
If our defense gets more turnovers like Diaz's defense typically do, our offense could have more opportunities.

archdog
01-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Staley has a lot of talent- needs to get tougher they say

Dudes a player. He will be as tough as we need him to be when his number is called. Sitting the bench and redshirting is very difficult for players that have been the best at everything since they were 6 years old.

Homedawg
01-30-2015, 08:13 PM
I got friends in other SEC states and they think I am crazy when I say next years team will be better than this one. We were deep last season and all they see is what is said in the media about all the starters we lost. There are going to be a lot of people surprise. In fact I would not be surprise if Miss state hosted game day at lest twice next season.

I hope so. I'm more worried about dt than I am OL. Eulls had a very good year and p jones was solid. Returning we have 2 potentials and one who can be solid. Sorry I'm not on the Chris jones wagon. Injuries, bah humbug, that's an excuse, everybody has nagging injuries. Play thru it. He has the tools to be a pro. His work ethic hit bottom and now has to prove he wants to be a college player first.

msstate7
01-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Who you guys think wins qb #2 this year?

msstate7
01-30-2015, 08:32 PM
I hope so. I'm more worried about dt than I am OL. Eulls had a very good year and p jones was solid. Returning we have 2 potentials and one who can be solid. Sorry I'm not on the Chris jones wagon. Injuries, bah humbug, that's an excuse, everybody has nagging injuries. Play thru it. He has the tools to be a pro. His work ethic hit bottom and now has to prove he wants to be a college player first.

I'd love to see Chris hit the field this fall at 285-290 lbs.

Boya
01-30-2015, 08:51 PM
I feel like we have a chance to upgrade physically up front, specifically the interior. Not worried about T w/ the depth Rufus, Joq, & possibly Drob bring. This unit needs to be battle tested before we make up for the experience we're losing, but we will be more talented & more athletic. They'll be tested early by LSU, so I hope they can pull together pretty fast. We will see an upgrade in pass pro & lead blocking from the RB position when Shump is on the field. IDK what Walley brings to the run game, but I would love to see Hutch become a great blocking TE.

I agree with this...but tested by LSU is an understatement .

Coach34
01-30-2015, 09:04 PM
I'd love to see Chris hit the field this fall at 285-290 lbs.

That does nobody any good. His days at DE are over. 285-290 at DE does nobody any good- and he has grown out of being 275- aint happening. Get his ass in shape in 305 and commit to being the best DT in the nation. He has to make that decision.

msstate7
01-30-2015, 09:14 PM
That does nobody any good. His days at DE are over. 285-290 at DE does nobody any good- and he has grown out of being 275- aint happening. Get his ass in shape in 305 and commit to being the best DT in the nation. He has to make that decision.

I was thinking dt. He was listed at 300 lbs this year, but I'm sure he weighed more. I think Chris would be plenty big enough at 285-290 to play inside and gain back his best attribute -- quickness

gravedigger
01-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Staley. Fitz will be right there.

2a/2b

DownwardDawg
01-30-2015, 10:41 PM

2a/2b

Williams/Fitz. Staley has missed too much. Im just not sold on him yet. I hope he becomes another Dak, but I'm skeptical.

Maroons
01-30-2015, 10:52 PM

2a/2b

Going into the fall, Fitz will have had a set of bowl practices and two sets of spring practices that Staley hasn't had.