PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs UCLA....

CadaverDawg
06-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Here's the stats on UCLA...

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html

Break it down guys. How do we match up? Can we hit their pitching? Can they hit ours? How big is their advantage of having their Ace fresh? What stats jump out at you?

Thoughts?

Will James
06-22-2013, 12:25 AM
I infer that I feel great about Fitts/Girodo/Holder Graveman/Ross/Holder Lindgren/Gentry/Holder(if necessary)

Sandman14
06-22-2013, 12:41 AM
they are horrible at the plate. that's what jumps out at me. worse than I expected, and I did not expect much.

their pitching is great but not better than ours overall with the emergence of Girado.

Gentry does not throw before Bracewell. Gentry and Cox will throw if we are losing any of these games and need innings chewed.

Why do you think Lindgren might draw a start?

Will James
06-22-2013, 07:14 AM
they are horrible at the plate. that's what jumps out at me. worse than I expected, and I did not expect much.

their pitching is great but not better than ours overall with the emergence of Girado.

Gentry does not throw before Bracewell. Gentry and Cox will throw if we are losing any of these games and need innings chewed.

Why do you think Lindgren might draw a start?

Damn it was late and BB hasnt pitched lately I forgot to list him. Who starts for us Game 3 if not Lindgren?

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-22-2013, 09:36 AM
WJ will never stop pumping Lingo, but I hear Pollo may have some arm or shoulder tenderness so I wouldn't be surprised by Lindgren, although I think we'd start BB unless he has already been used in the bullpen.

msstate7
06-22-2013, 09:42 AM
If our hitters don't try to kill high fastballs, I think we win both games. If we swing for the fences on those high fastballs, ucla will win.

I seen it dawg
06-22-2013, 10:12 AM
We've been so selective and patient at the plate I think we do a good job of scoring some runs. Our 2 teams are a lot alike from what I've seen the last week. The big difference I see is they have to have a mistake by the other team to get a run and we don't. We can create our own runs and that is going to be the difference. These 2 games are going to look like yesterday. We are the better team, with better players, with better coaches, with more stones, and its going to show from the first pitch. Our ballclub was the best team in Omaha when the planes landed.

If I was booking flights I would book my flight home for Wednesday morning. We are winning the whole ****ing thing and we are doing it Tuesday night.

msstate7
06-22-2013, 10:19 AM
We've been so selective and patient at the plate I think we do a good job of scoring some runs. Our 2 teams are a lot alike from what I've seen the last week. The big difference I see is they have to have a mistake by the other team to get a run and we don't. We can create our own runs and that is going to be the difference. These 2 games are going to look like yesterday. We are the better team, with better players, with better coaches, with more stones, and its going to show from the first pitch. Our ballclub was the best team in Omaha when the planes landed.

If I was booking flights I would book my flight home for Wednesday morning. We are winning the whole ****ing thing and we are doing it Tuesday night.
I agree 100%.

The Croom Diaries
06-22-2013, 10:22 AM
The big difference I see is they have to have a mistake by the other team to get a run and we don't. We can create our own runs and that is going to be the difference.

Well let's just hope UCLA doesn't conger up the defensive lapses UCA did since they have similar letters in their acronym, ha.

Coach34
06-22-2013, 10:25 AM
There is no doubt that to this point- we have looked like the best team there

Will James
06-22-2013, 10:39 AM
That mf closer has appeared in 49 games?!

CadaverDawg
06-22-2013, 10:57 AM
That mf closer has appeared in 49 games?!

With a sub 0.90 ERA and a filthy set of pitches in his arsenal

Ronny
06-22-2013, 12:15 PM
..about UCLA is they are 9-1 in their last 10 games.

You can make fun of their crappy hitting all you want, but they have tapped into some intangibles that will not allow them to lose.

I seen it dawg
06-22-2013, 01:25 PM
And so have we