PDA

View Full Version : Post Recruiting-Palooza

mic
01-29-2015, 05:44 PM
cue the meltdown ..
Van Jefferson. Flipped and Committed Sunday.. He is now trending to flip again to Michigan
Drew Richmond. Long time committ. Looking at Tenn and possible waiting on signing later after NSD
Leo.. Well we know where he is going.
Ce Ce may be heading to LSU this weekend for a visit.. And we all know who is there now..

Break out the Pepto Oxford could be a long 7 days....

msstate7
01-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Hey van, who you think knows what it takes to get you in the nfl? Harbaugh or freeze? You should really go north

(Strictly thinking of van and his future**)

Covercorner2
01-29-2015, 05:55 PM
Apparently UT offered Lodge's HS coach a job which is another hairy situation

EAVdog
01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
It could be a boom or bust year for them if they have some late defections.

Also could be ridiculous if things fall their way.

msstate7
01-29-2015, 05:58 PM
Apparently UT offered Lodge's HS coach a job which is another hairy situation

Have we offered Malik's HC an assistant job yet? We should hire H. Webster, Malik's coach, whoever it takes.

DawgPoundtheRock
01-29-2015, 06:21 PM
God, let NSD get here soon.

mic
01-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Richmond now visiting both Alabama and Tenn..
Sounds like someone not to happy where he is committed...

msstate7
01-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Richmond now visiting both Alabama and Tenn..
Sounds like someone not to happy where he is committed...

Must have found out cece got offered more

M.Fillmore
01-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Dunkel Index of 1959 trumps the Super Bowl.

missouridawg
01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
When you get a "stipend" to visit and a "stipend" to commit.... Bad things happen once the influencers aren't handing you envelopes.

WillClarkFan
01-29-2015, 07:42 PM
I am what you call a recruitnick so to speak. I try to keep up with instate and regional fairly close. I do subscribe to four different sites during this time of the year. ( I know I must be crazy but I love it)

Anyway, a few things I know about the list of names that you shared with us.

Van Jefferson has a valid offer from Mich. but has not decided to visit or not. That may come later.

Drew Richmond's visit to Tenn. might have more to do with the fact his girlfriend attends Tenn.
And the bama visit I personally think is more to worry about for TSUN. But I understand only
his mommy is traveling with him. This is unusual because on all
his other trips his entire family went with him to the prospective schools.

Leo Lewis is slanted to visit LSU. This is concern because we all know how Yaw Yaw can recruit. This will be interesting.

CeCe will also be at LSU. Same goes here as well.

The only other one that the TSUN is waiting on is Demarkus Lodge which the last I read was not taking any visits this weekend.

Almost forgot, A. Linton has not announce anything as of late except that he is solid with TSUN.

engie
01-29-2015, 07:58 PM
We're definitely going to see in the new few days whether 2013 is their reality -- or if last year was their reality where they whiffed on a ton of elite prospects down the stretch.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2015, 08:01 PM
I am what you call a recruitnick so to speak. I try to keep up with instate and regional fairly close. I do subscribe to four different sites during this time of the year. ( I know I must be crazy but I love it)

Van Jefferson has a valid offer from Mich. but has not decided to visit or not. That may come later.

Drew Richmond's visit to Tenn. might have more to do with the fact his girlfriend attends Tenn.
And the bama visit I personally think is more to worry about for TSUN. But I understand only

Leo Lewis is slanted to visit LSU. This is concern because we all know how Yaw Yaw can recruit. This will be interesting.

The only other one that the TSUN is waiting on is Demarkus Lodge which the last I read was not taking any visits this weekend.

Almost forgot, A. Linton has not announce anything as of late except that he is solid with TSUN.

Not gonna lie...I 100% think you're a troll.

GreenheadDawg
01-29-2015, 08:03 PM

I thought I was the only one who thought this

mic
01-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the info... DJ..

WillClarkFan
01-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Troll?? Is the reason why low post count?? I have heard that excuse once or twice.

I have a ME degree from MSU. So does my nephew. I worked with Yates out of college until two years ago when I got sick. I attend a few football games at Davis Wade. I knew Mr. Wade before he past. I had friends in Meridian where his insurance office was located. Not much on basketball. But I love baseball. I recall watching Will Clark at Greenville back in the day when State use to play Arkansas at Greenville.

But to answer your question, no troll here. As a matter of fact I just recently started reading EliteDawgs and thought I would join. It's free... The others I pay!!

The more info the better is how I see it.

smootness
01-29-2015, 08:19 PM

That's a really terrible way to keep yourself subtle.

Btw, why the heck would WE have any 'concerns' over Leo and CeCe visiting LSU?

WillClarkFan
01-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Leo's name has been thrown around that he could be looking at MSU. Other sites have said this as well as this site. ( I think I read it here somewhere)

CeCe was mention by connection only. They have been traveling together and twitter buddies.

I really think LSU is a major player for these two.

BossDawg
01-29-2015, 08:38 PM

I second this.

WillClarkFan
01-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Can someone please explain why I am being labeled a " troll"?

I really enjoy this site but I don't won't to upset anyone by my mere presence. Like I said before, this time of the year I like to gather as much info as possible. I read this site for a few days then applied to join. Don't understand why some have this troll alert radar up.

msstate7
01-29-2015, 08:48 PM

I really enjoy this site but I don't won't to upset anyone by my mere presence. Like I said before, this time of the year I like to gather as much info as possible. I read this site for a few days then applied to join. Don't understand why some have this troll alert radar up.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you aren't, you aren't. If you are, it'll be apparent soon enough

smootness
01-29-2015, 08:53 PM

The timing of you joining, your overly enthusiastic first post, your defensiveness afterward, and the positive slanting of most of those cases toward Ole Miss, including the idea that we would have something to worry about with a guy committed to Ole Miss currently.

As msstate7 said, don't worry about it. Just keep posting and you'll ultimately either be accepted or banned.

DancingRabbit
01-29-2015, 09:11 PM

OM trolls' favorite hobby is breaking down our defensive barrier here.

So, other than "the Thrill" what was Will's nickname?

What was Will's favorite response to reporters' stupid questions?

FlabLoser
01-29-2015, 09:12 PM
I don't see any trolling here.

I haven't done any admin wizardry to investigate. I just don't see a problem here.

I'm with msstate7 on this.

Relax.

State82
01-29-2015, 09:30 PM
What was Will's favorite response to reporters' stupid questions?

I'm only here so I don't get fined

CadaverDawg
01-29-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm only here so I don't get fined

+1 haha

WillClarkFan
01-29-2015, 09:46 PM
He also use to be very critical to this one reporter all of the time. When the reporter would ask him a question he would answer back about how bad the reporters driving habits were. Must to have been an inside joke.

Nickname " The Nuschler" reference to his facial or jaw expressions. Also is middle name from his family tree.

dickiedawg
01-29-2015, 11:58 PM
I think he's suspect as hell, since we're throwing our opinions out there.

DancingRabbit
01-30-2015, 01:47 AM
He also use to be very critical to this one reporter all of the time. When the reporter would ask him a question he would answer back about how bad the reporters driving habits were. Must to have been an inside joke.

Nickname " The Nuschler" reference to his facial or jaw expressions. Also is middle name from his family tree.

So, other than "the Thrill" what was Will's nickname? The Sheriff

What was Will's favorite response to reporters' stupid questions? "Well, that's a stupid question"

I was more of a Raffy fan, though.

RougeDawg
01-30-2015, 01:48 AM
How and why would "not a troll" have so much "Pro Bucky" info on all these recruits if he wasn't a Bear in Sheep's clothing?
Just too much "Pro Bucky" enthusiastic rhetoric for any logical person to think anything other than a troll.

Even his defense posts were so over the top Pro MSU, it's a dead giveaway. Nice try but doesn't pass the smell test and my smell test I mean Bear shit.

Johnson85
01-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Troll?? Is the reason why low post count?? I have heard that excuse once or twice.

I have a ME degree from MSU. So does my nephew. I worked with Yates out of college until two years ago when I got sick. I attend a few football games at Davis Wade. I knew Mr. Wade before he past. I had friends in Meridian where his insurance office was located. Not much on basketball. But I love baseball. I recall watching Will Clark at Greenville back in the day when State use to play Arkansas at Greenville.

But to answer your question, no troll here. As a matter of fact I just recently started reading EliteDawgs and thought I would join. It's free... The others I pay!!

The more info the better is how I see it.

He spells like an ME, so that part seems legit.

hells bells
01-30-2015, 09:32 AM

Plus 1. Off with his head!

maroonmania
01-30-2015, 09:45 AM
I do subscribe to four different sites during this time of the year.

This pretty much gave it away to me. I don't know any true MSU fan that believes there are 4 different recruiting sites worth paying for. I would be willing to bet that those are 4 Rebel Black Bear sites.

msstate7
01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Im skepitcal of him too. That said if you accuse new posters of being trolls everytime, it's gonna be hard for this board to grow.

HancockCountyDog
01-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Well the Bearsharks may have gotten lucky with one - look for Lodge to sign with the confederates.

Kyler Murray is going to sign with A&M. Makes zero sense to me, none. He could go to UT and be a Vince Young type player, or go to A&M and sit behind Kyle Allen.

There is still five days from signing day, but it looks like they dodged a bullet on this one. Probably need him, because I don't think they sign Van Jefferson.

BulldogDX55
01-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Im skepitcal of him too. That said if you accuse new posters of being trolls everytime, it's gonna be hard for this board to grow.

I actually agree with msstate7 on this one. You guys gotta calm down. Slightly suspect, maybe, but he isn't setting of my trolldar which is usually very accurate.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Well the Bearsharks may have gotten lucky with one - look for Lodge to sign with the confederates.

Kyler Murray is going to sign with A&M. Makes zero sense to me, none. He could go to UT and be a Vince Young type player, or go to A&M and sit behind Kyle Allen.

There is still five days from signing day, but it looks like they dodged a bullet on this one. Probably need him, because I don't think they sign Van Jefferson.

Two things about Kyler Murray:

1. His dad was an All-American QB at A&M. So it shouldn't be surprising that he prefers them, even when logic say otherwise.

2. He is probably going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round of the MLB draft, and may be offered 2-3 million dollars to play baseball. Who knows if he even shows up on campus. Kyler's uncle is Calvin Murray, who played in the Major Leagues, and is now an employee for Scott Boris.

jalakin
01-30-2015, 10:55 AM

Isn't Kyler's dad a former Aggie player? That and the fact that he is a top 10 MLB prospect may mean that he doesn't care which school he commits to and is just doing this to make A&M fans happy.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Isn't Kyler's dad a former Aggie player? That and the fact that he is a top 10 MLB prospect may mean that he doesn't care which school he commits to and is just doing this to make A&M fans happy.

This

Kyler is probably more talented to Kyle Allen anyway.

HancockCountyDog
01-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Two things about Kyler Murray:

1. His dad was an All-American QB at A&M. So it shouldn't be surprising that he prefers them, even when logic say otherwise.

2. He is probably going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round of the MLB draft, and may be offered 2-3 million dollars to play baseball. Who knows if he even shows up on campus. Kyler's uncle is Calvin Murray, who played in the Major Leagues, and is now an employee for Scott Boris.

I keep hearing that he is going MLB but with the new slot money for first rounders - He will need to be a top 20 pick to get a 2 million bonus. Now maybe he is a top 20 player, so I don't know. It makes sense that he is going MLB because signing with A&M makes no sense, unless its just a show and he is going MLB.

I have to admit, I think going to Texas and being a legend, would have been tough to turn down. It would be the equivalent of Peyton Manning signing with MSU though, which would have been awesome to watch the implosion.

Johnson85
01-30-2015, 11:07 AM
or go to A&M and sit behind Kyle Allen.

Is Kyle Allen really so good that he can't be passed? I realize he was a true freshman this year and admittedly didn't watch him towards the end of the year, but did he look like a guaranteed four year starter? The games I saw him he didn't look like anything that special. Certainly good but didn't look like a talent taht a school like A&M shouldn't be able to grab each and every year, and not so good that he couldn't be passed by a really good recruit.

msstate7
01-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Is Kyle Allen really so good that he can't be passed? I realize he was a true freshman this year and admittedly didn't watch him towards the end of the year, but did he look like a guaranteed four year starter? The games I saw him he didn't look like anything that special. Certainly good but didn't look like a talent taht a school like A&M shouldn't be able to grab each and every year, and not so good that he couldn't be passed by a really good recruit.

I don't think Allen looked like he couldn't be beaten out.

If Murray is a 1st round pick in mlb, he should go pro. I think it's foolish to risk injury on a hope to get to the nfl when pro money is on the table already

Oh and mlb players get every penny of their contracts and generally make more

HancockCountyDog
01-30-2015, 12:02 PM

Here are Allen's last five games Totals:

1058 passing yards, 13 TD's, 5 Ints while completely 61% of his passes. Three of those games were against decent teams @AU, Mizzou and LSU. His worst game was ULL, which was his first as a starter.

He will have to have a Kenny Hill breakdown to lose his job.

Johnson85
01-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Here are Allen's last five games Totals:

1058 passing yards, 13 TD's, 5 Ints while completely 61% of his passes. Three of those games were against decent teams @AU, Mizzou and LSU. His worst game was ULL, which was his first as a starter.

He will have to have a Kenny Hill breakdown to lose his job.

So maybe he's that good. All I can think is maybe Murray thinks a lot of those stats are a result of Sumlin's system and that he can match him. I agree it seems like a long shot.

dawg27
01-30-2015, 12:36 PM
i have been a member for over two years and my post is very low. The first two post of mine was about recuiting and guess what the first response was troll. i mean i thought this was a board to talk about football with state fans but u cant say anything negative or if u say they got a good recruit we get u get called a troll kick them off. Unless u have got a thousand post then u can say what u want i got called a troll because they flipped two of our commits i said i hate that we lost to them need to step it up i hate loosing players to them. I guess that made me a tsun fan i will say it again i hate loosing players to them then i read post by the ones calling me a troll and they are saying the same thing the very same thing and everbody is cool with him saying mullen needs to step it up i dont understand why a new member cant say nothing this is why i only read and hardly ever post come on guys let it go.

WillClarkFan
01-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks... And the thread that was started was about recruiting at TSUN. And yes I keep
Up with what they are doing. Hell, they are our most hated rival!!!

I think I will take your approach and just read a while.
HAIL STATE!!

scottycameron
01-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Two things: To the guy who said Will wasn't registering on his troll meter and it's usually pretty accurate - you need to throw said troll meter in the shitcan because it's broke. Usually accurate my ass. The other thing - why is everybody discussing Texas and A&M QB recruiting battles? What am I missing? Is there some reason I should give a shit?

msstate7
01-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Two things: To the guy who said Will wasn't registering on his troll meter and it's usually pretty accurate - you need to throw said troll meter in the shitcan because it's broke. Usually accurate my ass. The other thing - why is everybody discussing Texas and A&M QB recruiting battles? What am I missing? Is there some reason I should give a shit?

Maybe bc we play aTm.

scottycameron
01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Maybe bc we play aTm.

Oh yeah. I forgot. Continue by all means. If we're going to cover the prospects of everybody we play we got a lot of recruiting battles to break down and a short time to do it before signing day. Lets get A&M's class wrapped up today before moving on to the next opponent.

msstate7
01-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot. Continue by all means. If we're going to cover the prospects of everybody we play we got a lot of recruiting battles to break down and a short time to do it before signing day. Lets get A&M's class wrapped up today before moving on to the next opponent.

You wanna discuss Kentucky or mizzou next?**

Chill out, Scotty

CadaverDawg
01-30-2015, 01:41 PM
i have been a member for over two years and my post is very low. The first two post of mine was about recuiting and guess what the first response was troll. i mean i thought this was a board to talk about football with state fans but u cant say anything negative or if u say they got a good recruit we get u get called a troll kick them off. Unless u have got a thousand post then u can say what u want i got called a troll because they flipped two of our commits i said i hate that we lost to them need to step it up i hate loosing players to them. I guess that made me a tsun fan i will say it again i hate loosing players to them then i read post by the ones calling me a troll and they are saying the same thing the very same thing and everbody is cool with him saying mullen needs to step it up i dont understand why a new member cant say nothing this is why i only read and hardly ever post come on guys let it go.

You and Will are still here, correct? So what's the problem? If you were called a troll, people were either messing with you OR you made a suspect first few posts. If you didn't get banned, just get over it, take your rookie hazing, and keep posting. Welcome!

defiantdog
01-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Slow down turbo..... it's a message board. Typically the same people make responses to topics, yet there are always a few thousand that view them. There's always going to be a question about fresh blood inputting on a topic. No one wants to read a topic on a State board with an OM fanboy responding to posts. Go to SPS for that. You don't just jump into a party with a bunch of folks you don't know and expect them to accept you because you say you graduated from the same school.

defiantdog
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM

I wasn't implying that you're an OM fanboy. I was just giving an example.

Political Hack
01-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I got hazed on the internet once. I'm over it. Put your big boy pants on fellas.

maroonmania
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM
There's always going to be a question about fresh blood inputting on a topic. No one wants to read a topic on a State board with an OM fanboy responding to posts. Go to SPS for that. You don't just jump into a party with a bunch of folks you don't know and expect them to accept you because you say you graduated from the same school.

Especially when recruiting is the first thing you want to post about. NOTHING (not even on field results) is closer to a Bear's heart than recruiting and being able to brag and talk about how well OM is doing there. In general, it would probably be good to put in 2 cents here or there on other topics to build some credibility before jumping in off the bat with a post to update us on everything regarding how OM is doing in recruiting. But nobody has been banned so carry on for now.

dawg27
01-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Well i guess u right still here it does make sense but i just dont think we should make everybody explain why they are not trolls. i do get what u saying i am not winning well maby a little u right i am putting big boy pants on now. hail state! lets move on i do have a ? we lost a lot on the o line how do we look on the o line this year is that gonna be our weak spot or our we gonna be ok there

smootness
01-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Well i guess u right still here it does make sense but i just dont think we should make everybody explain why they are not trolls. i do get what u saying i am not winning well maby a little u right i am putting big boy pants on now. hail state! lets move on i do have a ? we lost a lot on the o line how do we look on the o line this year is that gonna be our weak spot or our we gonna be ok there

If someone's first posts are their thoughts about the state of the basketball program or what they think of the makeup of the baseball roster, no one's going to say anything.

When you join just before signing day and immediately post about why Ole Miss' commits who are supposedly wavering are actually solid and there's nothing to see, people will be suspicious.

Coach34
01-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Our OL will have more overall talent in 2015 than it did this past season. It will lack the experience. Will it lack the toughness? That will be answered vs LSU

Based on what Ive heard and who we have heading into Spring...Ima say:

LT- Justin Senior, Elgston Jenkins, Cole Carter
LG- Malone, Flowers
C- Battle between Clayborn and Calhoun...maybe see Warren get reps here
RG- Desper, Jake Thomas
RT- Martinas Rankin, Jocquell Johnson, Warren

Warren and Malone will be the only Sr's- Malone could apply for a 6th year, but he is likely to go to the NFL as a late draftee or sign as a FA

Only 2 guys in the 2-deep that wont be at least 3rd year college players

Coach34
01-30-2015, 03:18 PM
When you join just before signing day and immediately post about why Ole Miss' commits who are supposedly wavering are actually solid and there's nothing to see, people will be suspicious.

Exactly. That wreaks of Ole Missus troll trying to steer the narrative or cause panic. Then they will pretend to reel it in awhile- then their true colors pop up again. And you can always tell when we did the right thing banning and it has to be one because Bafoom mentions it.

scottycameron
01-30-2015, 03:23 PM

O line my ass. Folks on here called you a bear because you are one. Don't start thinking you just got over the hump thanks to your buddy Will.

Alldawg
01-30-2015, 03:28 PM

A , here, or a . there wouldn't hurt to help us understand you. Punctuation is your friend

DancingRabbit
01-30-2015, 03:51 PM
A , here, or a . there wouldn't hurt to help us understand you. Punctuation is your friend

That's the Faulknerian stream of consciousness technique. Another red flag!

State82
01-30-2015, 06:01 PM

No doubt. My head hurts after trying to decipher that drivel.

I seen it dawg
01-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Christ use a spellchecker or a grammar coach or something.

Todd4State
01-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Twenty-sevendust?

PMDawg
01-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Twenty-sevendust?

Speaking of, we need a good Sevendust Seen post. It's been too long.