PDA

View Full Version : SEC team w/ biggest need for linebackers

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-28-2015, 11:29 PM
is Mississippi State according to Greg Mcilroy on SEC Now. Is this a by product of BMac leaving & Mcilroy not knowing our roster or LB history? Or a legitimate concern for next year?

BeardoMSU
01-28-2015, 11:33 PM
These pundits obviously don't watch the games or know the situation of our rosters. If they did, they wouldn't be nearly as down on us. The fact that most think we are losing "2 starting WR's" and that is gonna hurt us is a dead give away to this fact.

smootness
01-28-2015, 11:55 PM
He just knows McKinney and Wells are leaving. And they're both big losses, no doubt.

But these same people will be saying, 'Wow, Richie Brown, Gerri Green, and Traver Jung have turned into great players for them.'

RIdog
01-29-2015, 12:40 AM
I'd take our lbers over the bearsharks any day .

I seen it dawg
01-29-2015, 06:35 AM
All those guys are clowns. Somebody has to be the best. McElroy is probably it over there. Still doesn't make him any good.

Dawgowar
01-29-2015, 07:21 AM
He just knows McKinney and Wells are leaving. And they're both big losses, no doubt.

But these same people will be saying, 'Wow, Richie Brown, Gerri Green, and Traver Jung have turned into great players for them.'

Forgive early morning brain fart. Is it wells or Brown who can run like a cornerback? 1a and 1b is making my mind blurry. Did wells leave early or graduate?

msstate7
01-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Forgive early morning brain fart. Is it wells or Brown who can run like a cornerback? 1a and 1b is making my mind blurry. Did wells leave early or graduate?

Wells is the fast guy. He graduated

Dawgowar
01-29-2015, 07:33 AM
Wells is the fast guy. He graduated

Thanks.

BeachDawg
01-29-2015, 08:51 AM
We don't have anyone at the QB position either****

FlabLoser
01-29-2015, 09:11 AM

I think at one point, Wells was running the fastest 40 time out of anybody on the defense, if not the whole team.

Gotta figure he has an NFL future. But I don't follow draft projection type stuff.

Covercorner2
01-29-2015, 09:19 AM
To be fair, if you watched the segment, McElroy complimented what we had coming back in Richie and Beniquez, and he even mentioned that we were hot after a freshman LB who is going to be a player (Leo). He was just saying that a guy like McKinney is almost impossible to replace because he was so good and has freakish measurables, and that Wells was fantastic as well. I perceived it as more of a compliment to McKinney and Wells than it was a slight on what we have returning...

Leroy Jenkins
01-29-2015, 10:19 AM
I think at one point, Wells was running the fastest 40 time out of anybody on the defense, if not the whole team.

Gotta figure he has an NFL future. But I don't follow draft projection type stuff.

I think Wells is 80% blind in one eye, could be wrong. If true that may scare some teams away. Just speculating, it may have no effect.

GTHOM
01-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Like i said in the other McElroy thread, the SEC network has to step its game up analysts wise, they all suck i quit watching midseason

EAVdog
01-29-2015, 10:19 PM
To be fair, if you watched the segment, McElroy complimented what we had coming back in Richie and Beniquez, and he even mentioned that we were hot after a freshman LB who is going to be a player (Leo). He was just saying that a guy like McKinney is almost impossible to replace because he was so good and has freakish measurables, and that Wells was fantastic as well. I perceived it as more of a compliment to McKinney and Wells than it was a slight on what we have returning...

Yet, we keep replacing these guys. KJ Wright, Skinner, White, now McKinney and Wells.

Next in line time to step up nothing to it. Same at RB for us for that matter.

TUSK
01-30-2015, 12:24 AM

Wells has enough speed (4.5ish) & talent to have a chance to be a FA at OLB... I've read that some project him as a possible FA at safety, but I'd speculate that "partial" blindness would be a problem...

Rayburn8
01-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Wells has enough speed (4.5ish) & talent to have a chance to be a FA at OLB... I've read that some project him as a possible FA at safety, but I'd speculate that "partial" blindness would be a problem...
They say he runs in the 4.3 range and is the fastest on the team. If he runs a low 4.4 teams will stop worrying about partial blindness.

TUSK
01-30-2015, 12:31 AM
They say he runs in the 4.3 range and is the fastest on the team. If he runs a low 4.4 teams will stop worrying about partial blindness.

jesus, a 4.3? that's smokin' fast for a man of that size (220ish)....

who is "they"?

smootness
01-30-2015, 12:49 AM
who is "they"?

In this case, pretty much everyone around the program. They've said from day one that he's arguably the fastest player on the entire roster.

I don't know what he will run at the combine (assuming he's invited), but I would guess it will be in the 4.4s. If it's true about his vision, that will definitely scare a lot of teams. But I think if he gets a chance at the combine, he'll get himself into the draft.

Rayburn8
01-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Pretty much everyone, I first heard it from Paul Jones.

TUSK
01-30-2015, 12:56 AM
In this case, pretty much everyone around the program. They've said from day one that he's arguably the fastest player on the entire roster.

I don't know what he will run at the combine (assuming he's invited), but I would guess it will be in the 4.4s. If it's true about his vision, that will definitely scare a lot of teams. But I think if he gets a chance at the combine, he'll get himself into the draft.

thanks for the clarification, Smoot... I thought he was saying he had run a 4.3 for a Pro-Day or NFL scout.

Regardless, I would have loved to have had him in our secondary this past year...

Political Hack
01-30-2015, 08:16 AM
they look at who's leaving and that's it. he has no clue what's sitting on our bench right now. it would take hours and hours of research to know everyone's back ups... it takes 15 minutes to figure out who's leaving. It's typical lazy nonsensical reporting.

NCDawg
01-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Leo Lewis should note the LB playing for the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl by the name of K J Wright. Wright's college coach was Manny Diaz. Hopefully, Lewis will realize he, too, would have a chance to play for a Super Bowl team if he comes to State and follows the direction of Coach Diaz.

IMissJack
01-30-2015, 06:47 PM
These pundits obviously don't watch the games or know the situation of our rosters. If they did, they wouldn't be nearly as down on us. The fact that most think we are losing "2 starting WR's" and that is gonna hurt us is a dead give away to this fact.

I used to say the same thing until Herbie told us all to shove it with his OSU pick.