PDA

View Full Version : Dammit show our rivals to the north some respect.

Dawgfan61
06-21-2013, 09:42 PM
They finished fifth in the country in recruiting!!! Some of us delusional msu fans need to realize that's much more important than being in the national championship series!!!!

hailmari
06-21-2013, 09:57 PM
They've been uncharacteristically quiet on my side.. but then again, I don't go looking for their opinions much.

Coach34
06-21-2013, 10:09 PM
yeah, it's like somebody turned the light on and all the roaches ran and hid

Todd4State
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I only seek their advice if I'm buying a scarf.

M.Fillmore
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
To win the CWS would be nice and all, but what is really important is how we finish in the Dunkel Index and the Likenhous poll.

Gen. Grant
06-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Coach, I noticed some of them getting particularly sore buttholes at statements of us being the only d1 school to play for a big 3 NC. They kept bringing up their 3 mighty National titles. Also, as stated above, they dragged out their countless recruiting titles.

Some of the ones saying they were "pulling for us" the other day were not as happy today. Reality is sinking in that we are playing for a legitimate title.

Coach34
06-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Coach, I noticed some of them getting particularly sore buttholes at statements of us being the only d1 school to play for a big 3 NC. They kept bringing up their 3 mighty National titles. Also, as stated above, they dragged out their countless recruiting titles.

Some of the ones saying they were "pulling for us" the other day were not as happy today. Reality is sinking in that we are playing for a legitimate title.

The AP and UPI (coaches) were the 2 polls the NCAA went by before the BCS was created- all these other polls just jumped in to be part of the fanfare like they do now. Nobody outside of Oxford city limits thinks that a damn Litkenhous House Poll National Title is legit

Coach34
06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Throw this one at them:

NCAA/AIAW Titles School

42 Arkansas
42 LSU
28 Florida
27 Georgia
17 Tennessee
14 Auburn
12 Texas A&M
10 Alabama
10 Kentucky
3 South Carolina
2 Missouri
1 Vanderbilt
0 Ole Miss
0 Mississippi State

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_national_champions hips#Totals_by_school

messageboardsuperhero
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
The AP and UPI (coaches) were the 2 polls the NCAA went by before the BCS was created- all these other polls just jumped in to be part of the fanfare like they do now. Nobody outside of Oxford city limits thinks that a damn Litkenhous House Poll National Title is legit

Those polls would nowadays be like if Phil Steele decided by himself that he wanted to name Texas A&M national champions last year, and then A&M would go off and hang a banner.

If it's not recognized by the AP or Coaches, it's not a championship.

sandwolf
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Throw this one at them:

NCAA/AIAW Titles School

42 Arkansas
42 LSU
28 Florida
27 Georgia
17 Tennessee
14 Auburn
12 Texas A&M
10 Alabama
10 Kentucky
3 South Carolina
2 Missouri
1 Vanderbilt
0 Ole Miss
0 Mississippi State

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_national_champions hips#Totals_by_school

From the link:

The following table ranks the current SEC schools by the number of NCAA recognized national championships each school has won. This does not include Division I-A/FBS football championships, equestrian championships, or unofficial championships in other sports such as men's basketball. However, it does include AIAW titles, which the NCAA has retroactively recognized as equivalent to its own national championships. Please note that some championships may have been won before the school was a member of the SEC. For example, Arkansas won 18 national championships prior to joining the SEC in 1992. If those are removed from the table below, Arkansas would be in fourth place with 24 national championships while a member of the SEC. Texas A&M won 11 national championships and Missouri two before joining the SEC in 2012.
In addition, some recognized national championships are in sports that are (or were) not sponsored by the SEC:
Kentucky's total includes one championship in rifle, which the SEC has never sponsored.
Vanderbilt's only national title is in bowling, another sport yet to be sponsored by the SEC.

A couple of questions:

1. It says A&M won 11 titles before joining the SEC in 2012....what title have they won since joining the SEC?

2. If Kentucky and Vandy are getting credit for a title in Rifle and Bowling, respectively, why aren't we getting credit for our Disk Golf championship?

Ronny
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM
..I was being forced to sit at home & watch Ole Miss make a run to the national championship in baseball, I would have to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist.

There are no words in the English language that can describe how hard they will be pulling for UCLA.

If MSU wins a national championship in one of the top 3 men's sports it will cast their whole fanbase & alumni structure into a chaotic downward spiral. And recruiting rankings will prove a useless balm as far as curing their ailment.

I seen it dawg
06-22-2013, 01:22 PM
It will be the ultimate trump card to anything they can ever say. They will never win a title in any of the 3 major sports.

Drewbowski
06-22-2013, 01:27 PM
The DG championship was a club champtioship?