PDA

View Full Version : If I had told you back in April...

Coach34
06-21-2013, 09:00 PM
that we would play for the National Title and start Trevor Fitts in Game 1- would you have played it off as one of my old drunken rants????

What a crazy season

FlabLoser
06-21-2013, 09:24 PM
I think somebody said 5 years ago that Cohen could compete for a national title within 5 years.

M.Fillmore
06-21-2013, 10:17 PM
In Cohen's intro speech to the MSU fanbase, he said he was coming to win a National Championship.
He is two games away from backing up the claim.

AlSwearengen
06-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Does it seem as though our approach at the plate has evolved quite a bit since the early part of the season? Or have we simply improved? And coach, how do you like a lineup against righties with detz and porter in the lineup? To me, detz has been a savior in the two spot because he handles the bat so well.

Coach34
06-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I was down on Detz because he struggled early in SEC play- but since putting him in the 2-hole, he's been perfect. Very patient, selective hitter

Of course, everybody knows I love Porter in the line-up

Now that Porter is healthy, my line-up would be:

3. Renfroe
4. Porter
5. Rea
6. Pirtle

yeah yeah...dont change...blah blah blah...need our best hitters together, pounding the baseball...UCLA is going to be tough to score on, and dividing the line-up with CT and such could prove fatal

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2013, 10:47 PM
If it weren't for CT's ability to track down balls defensively, I'd argue for benching him. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the Pacific. He's very much regressed since his freshman campaign.

Saltydog
06-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Seriously though, probably so. Preseason I thought we could be W/S good but never in my wildest dreams did I expect us to play in the championship series. What a run. Now, let's finish this off and bring home some hardware.

Todd4State
06-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Does it seem as though our approach at the plate has evolved quite a bit since the early part of the season? Or have we simply improved? And coach, how do you like a lineup against righties with detz and porter in the lineup? To me, detz has been a savior in the two spot because he handles the bat so well.

The injuries we had last year hurt our development as hitters. We've caught up now.

The Croom Diaries
06-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I remember Todd calling for Fitts to get some more action and get a start. Turns out he has been a great guy to get in the game and throw some strikes.

Also, C.T. got a nice opposite field single yesterday. Maybe he'll snap out of it a little bit and come up with a key hit in the championship series.

Original48
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Also, C.T. got a nice opposite field single yesterday. Maybe he'll snap out of it a little bit and come up with a key hit in the championship series.
I agree. I'm as down on CTs bat as anybody but when he's hitting its left center and down the left field line. He needs to continue going opposite field. And his glove was huge yesterday.

Ronny
06-22-2013, 12:09 PM
...national darling Vanderbilt, as a #2 national seed, would not even get past Louisville, I would have reserved you a room at Whitfield.