PDA

View Full Version : Man, nobody can score on this UCLA bunch...

maroonmania
06-21-2013, 08:56 PM
they've given up 2 runs in 24 innings in the CWS and so far only scored 5 themselves. If we play them our pitching staff better be in top form because it may be difficult to get much on the board offensively.

msstate7
06-21-2013, 09:06 PM
You've got to cut your swing down against them. They pitch up and teams been trying to kill it which just results in flyballs and popups in this park.

GumpDawg
06-21-2013, 09:08 PM
I agree, but I think we are the only team capable of taking their brand of ball right back at them. All these teams they are beating made a living trying to smash the ball all over the park. We don't do that and will force them to execute. But, they are a damn good team and who wins will be the team that doesn't beat themselves.

UCLA really reminds me of our team last year. Pitch and play defense but can't hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

M.Fillmore
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM
In the first two NCAA tourney games UCLA gave up 7 runs to Cal Poly and San Diego State. UCLA has given up 5 runs in the next 6 games. Formidable.

FlabLoser
06-21-2013, 09:21 PM
I like our chances.

As the worldwide leader is sports said, we don't give a damn who we are playing.

Todd4State
06-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Gump nailed it. LSU and North Carolina are built like an Earl Weaver ball team. Not a good idea in this ballpark vs. their pitching staff. NC State had Rodon, but they're one of the worst teams out here.

maroonmania
06-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Gump nailed it. LSU and North Carolina are built like an Earl Weaver ball team. Not a good idea in this ballpark vs. their pitching staff. NC State had Rodon, but they're one of the worst teams out here.

Well its still impressive to play 3 high quality teams in the CWS and only give up 3 runs in 3 games. UCLA's been as unexpectedly dominant in this CWS as we have.