PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers come up big

MsStateBaseball
01-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Read Genes interview with Butch and I am very encouraged about Dakota. He did well tonight. He just need reps, he's going to be a force this year. Cole Gordon had excellent pitching night, even though batters started w a 1-1 count. He didn't pitch his senior year BC of surgery. He threw really well tonight. At 6-6 240 bat left throw right, this kid has great potential. He had a single tonight also. Very important piece for this years club. Paxton Stover also did well.

We just need to keep working them, get reps and it will show.

Todd4State
01-27-2015, 09:33 PM
In roughly the same amount of innings pitched, Dakota has outperformed McCord and Sexton this spring thus far. Long way to go though. IMO the Sunday spot should really be between Dakota Hudson and Vance Tatum.

messageboardsuperhero
01-27-2015, 10:14 PM
I might have missed it, but has Zac Houston pitched in any of these first few scrimmages?

MsStateBaseball
01-27-2015, 10:18 PM
I bet Zac has arm soreness, Cohen alluded that a couple were slowed BC of issues. Reporters didn't ask who.

preachermatt83
01-27-2015, 10:33 PM
In roughly the same amount of innings pitched, Dakota has outperformed McCord and Sexton this spring thus far. Long way to go though. IMO the Sunday spot should really be between Dakota Hudson and Vance Tatum.

absolutely!

RAYn_Man
01-27-2015, 11:16 PM

Tatum is gonna be a bullpen guy I believe.

Smitty
01-28-2015, 12:16 AM
I hope McCord wins it. We need to be at the level of getting freshmen on campus ready for the prime. Like Gavin Collins was.

messageboardsuperhero
01-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Wow, apparently Cole Gordon was consistently in the upper 80's- which is up pretty noticeably from where he was in the fall. It looks like his recovery from Tommy John is going well. He could play a factor for us on the mound at some point in his career, as well as in the field.

I seen it dawg
01-28-2015, 07:03 AM
We are about to be in elite status year over year. Our talent level is outstanding.