PDA

View Full Version : EliteDawgs: "The Big Rig of Message Boards"...

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 05:08 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/01/27/elitedawgs-drives-big-rig-message-boards/

Thought the family would enjoy this.

AlSwearengen
01-27-2015, 05:35 PM
The funniest part of this is the thread about it on the sixpackspeak board. State fans dawging coach, rebels denying "the network" exists or accusing State fans of having their way own network, State fans calling out those rebels denying it exists, Godfrey getting called out for starting it all with his article about bagmen, and godfrey showing up asking not to be drug into it. This is the MSU/olemiss relationship in a nutshell.

missouridawg
01-27-2015, 05:38 PM
The funniest part of this is the thread about it on the sixpackspeak board. State fans dawging coach, rebels denying "the network" exists or accusing State fans of having their way own network, State fans calling out those rebels denying it exists, Godfrey getting called out for starting it all with his article about bagmen, and godfrey showing up asking not to be drug into it. This is the MSU/olemiss relationship in a nutshell.

As someone who didn't grow up in the state, it is pretty amazing at the cripple fight between the two schools and the people who hang on to this kind of stuff.

maroonmania
01-27-2015, 05:41 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/01/27/elitedawgs-drives-big-rig-message-boards/

Great article

Good article but a couple of points I really disagree with toward the end. First, I don't notice any more profanity on this board that on other sports message boards I visit. Not sure where that comment came from. And second, if a thread goes significantly negative here on something that could hurt MSU on recruits, coaches or any other MSU topic, it gets shut down or removed as it should. None of us as individual fans or our individual opinions are greater than what is overall good for MSU or MSU athletics. I think we've all learned a lesson or two over the years about what kind of issues and topics belong and don't belong on a public MSU message board. I appreciate the fact that the moderators here allow for free and open discussion but act when things go too far.

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 05:49 PM
The people who post there use profanity and have no problems being critical of the administration or the coaches. If they don’t like the way a player played, they will say how they feel, and they aren’t going to mince words about it.

He must read ED on game days

maroonmania
01-27-2015, 05:51 PM
He must read ED on game days

True, game threads can get a little heated but are discarded rather quickly after games are finished.

LC Dawg
01-27-2015, 05:56 PM
I had never posted or really paid much attention to message boards but early last year I wanted to see what it was all about and after checking out some different boards I decided the only one I wanted to be a part of is this one. You guys that run this board run it like I would if I were running it. This article points out some of the reasons this is by far the greatest MSU board.
Also, I agree with maroonmania about the profanity part of the article. I realize some people on here may use a little profanity but I would say it is a lot less than most platforms where people have anonymity.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 06:00 PM
I had never posted or really paid much attention to message boards but early last year I wanted to see what it was all about and after checking out some different boards I decided the only one I wanted to be a part of is this one. You guys that run this board run it like I would if I were running it. This article points out some of the reasons this is by far the greatest MSU board.
Also, I agree with maroonmania about the profanity part of the article. I realize some people on here may use a little profanity but I would say it is a lot less than most platforms where people have anonymity.

Good post, LC.

And as for the profanity, one of our most vocal posters is a preacher. If the profanity was a major issue, I doubt that would be the case. So I agree with you on that too.

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2015, 06:34 PM
That part about excessive profanity is complete bullshit in my opinion. Who the hell does he think he is? Damn, I've never seen such irresponsible journalism.

Dawg61
01-27-2015, 07:11 PM
That part about excessive profanity is complete bullshit in my opinion. Who the hell does he think he is? Damn, I've never seen such irresponsible journalism.

Yup total bullshit. **** him.**

Jack Lambert
01-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Our dicks are bigger and they all know it. Thats all I got to say about the issue. Oh yeah, ! GO TO HELL YOU CHEATING OLE MISS BASTARDS!

Political Hack
01-27-2015, 08:58 PM
sweet.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-27-2015, 10:42 PM
I agree with Maroonmania in his observation concerning the end of the article. This board is pretty leveled-headed and opinions are mostly on topic ( bulldog sports) and individual attacks are minimal. SPS is best if you want to know what gun to buy or beer to drink. But both boards serve the MSU sports community well and they would be greatly missed if they weren't here.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Justin did a good job with that. Thanks mods for creating and running this site - seeing how we all get in the collective heads of OM makes every day a good day!

Lloyd Christmas
01-28-2015, 12:33 AM

Thought the family would enjoy this.

Clicks = Success.