PDA

View Full Version : Coman and Bryant

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Saw a tweet with a picture of those two....ripped to shreds. I hope that translates to a good safety tandem next year. How good can Brandon Bryant be for us the next few years? Anybody seen much from him in practice? I am hoping he becomes a healthy Nickoe 2.0, or better.

msstate7
01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
If he can be as good as pre-injury nickoe, our safety issues will be solved in one safety spot anyway

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Coman is going to be a good player, and Bryant is supposedly killing it in practices. But we don't need to play Evans anymore.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Many people don't think about the fact that Coman and Evans were both Sophomores last season. I think Coman progressed, and I'm just not sure if Evans was a talent thing, or a not knowing the scheme well enough thing. I expect Coman to be very solid next season and his Senior year.

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 04:02 PM
Many people don't think about the fact that Coman and Evans were both Sophomores last season. I think Coman progressed, and I'm just not sure if Evans was a talent thing, or a not knowing the scheme well enough thing. I expect Coman to be very solid next season and his Senior year.

I agree..... Coman will be good. Evans won't..... I'm sorry. He took the worst angles, he couldn't cover a fullback from Kennesaw State one-on-one if he had to and he simply looked lost. Evans just isn't SEC material at safety. But I believe Coman will be..... as soon as he understands the defense better.

Rick Danko
01-27-2015, 04:03 PM
What ever happened to Quadry Antoine?

EAVdog
01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
What ever happened to Quadry Antoine?

Special Teams Monster. He's the guy that ripped the ball out for the third TO in the Auburn game. I think he's kind of bounced back and forth from Safety to LB.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Saw some vids of Brandon Bryant & Braxton Hoyett playing around trying to slam each other in the dorm. Not that it translates to anything meaningful but Bryant was throwing him around like a 300 lb rag doll. Those small stout MFs are always the hardest to wrestle so as a bigger guy I won't say it's an indictment on Hoyett's strength. They get leverage easier, cling when you slam them etc.

Aside from the wrestling match, but in the same vein, Bryant had his shirt off & looked about like Brock Lesnar stuffed into Rey Mysterio's frame. If Coman can learn not to tackle his own players, & Bryant's appearance is any indication of his hitting ability, those 2 will be stacking the woodpile these next few years.