PDA

View Full Version : Graham vs Pack

justwin
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM
who had a better year? Bigger impact as freshman? Seems kind of split to me.

msstate7
01-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Draw. Neither were quite ready imo.

msstate7
01-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Speaking of graham, I like him. When it comes to the slot, seems that he's really the forgotten man. I think he could really push myles this spring. Still think gray will be the man though

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Probably Pack..... he was more involved on OM's offense. Graham was our number 3 slot guy. Next year will be a better test since both of them will have a better role in the offense. We have more weapons than OM though.

It's crazy cause when I was in college in 01, State had a great defense and no offense. Yet OM had a great offense and no defense. Now we have a great offense and steady defense (safeties suck), and OM has a good defense and questionable offense.

Bothrops
01-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Graham is a time bomb waiting to happen on offense. He's got great speed. I would move him outside.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
In the limited action Graham had, he looked much faster than Holloway to me. Maybe it's because Graham got to his top speed faster, or maybe it was because with pads on he really is faster....but he definitely looked it to me. Hopefully we see some combination of Redmond, Gray, Graham, and Ross back on kickoffs this year. Hopefully the Holloway + a lead blocker experiment is over, because it failed.

To me, having Redmond and Gray/Graham makes the most sense, because none of those guys will immediately be taking the field after a kickoff return. Ross will.

msstate7
01-27-2015, 05:17 PM
If we're concerned about cb depth, I'd be cautious putting Redmond on returns

smootness
01-27-2015, 07:26 PM
I think Graham looks faster because he's a much more fluid athlete. He is able to make cuts quickly and cleanly and do it all at full speed.

And Cadaver, I feel confident Gray will start in the slot, so I'm not sure why you think he wouldn't be right back on the field.

I think both Gray and Graham end up ahead of Myles on the depth chart, btw.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 07:33 PM
I think Graham looks faster because he's a much more fluid athlete. He is able to make cuts quickly and cleanly and do it all at full speed.

And Cadaver, I feel confident Gray will start in the slot, so I'm not sure why you think he wouldn't be right back on the field.

I was mainly speaking of Graham, but I think Myles could definitely start at slot...especially early on. I have no preference though. Just whoever makes us better.

LC Dawg
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
I'll go with Pack. I like Graham and I think he's got a lot of upside but when I think of his year all I think of is him dropping punts and getting suspended at the end of the year. Pack really didn't do much either. I did see Pack play in high school and I hated that we lost him.
I think both guys are like most receivers coming out of Mississippi high schools in that they both need some refining.

sbcmortgageman
01-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Graham had some awful dropped passes while wide open last two games.

msstate7
01-27-2015, 08:17 PM
I'll go with Pack. I like Graham and I think he's got a lot of upside but when I think of his year all I think of is him dropping punts and getting suspended at the end of the year. Pack really didn't do much either. I did see Pack play in high school and I hated that we lost him.
I think both guys are like most receivers coming out of Mississippi high schools in that they both need some refining.

Pack was shakey at best fielding punts himself

HoopsDawg
01-27-2015, 08:19 PM

I agree with this post. Graham is probably our quickest receiver. He is better at creating separation in and out of his cuts than anyone on the roster. He just needs to mature a little both physically and mentally and get more consistent catching the ball. I could see Myles moving outside at some point. Personally, I would like to see Myles move to S or C. I like Gray/Graham/Mixon in the slot.