PDA

View Full Version : Who is our post season MVP thus far? Hard to pick one out. I guess

Saltydog
06-21-2013, 06:32 PM
I'd have to say Girodo. You could argue Wes Rea (been very consistent and clutch). Detz was red hot in the regionals and Frazier was hot in the super regionals. Ross Mitchell has been exceptional too. Truly a team effort thus far.

Will James
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I'll vote Chad.

Chad had K'd more guys this postseason by himself than our team has struck out combined.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-21-2013, 07:10 PM
If you're talking about the NCAA Tournament then it's Girodo. If it's just Omaha, it's Wes Rea.

Hump4Hoops
06-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Rea was also great in the regionals, and made a key play in the supers. He's my NCAAs mvp.

Girodo would be 2nd place by a hair, followed by Frazier (who racked up errors along with most of our infield vs UCA)

Coach34
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
offensive- Rea

pitching- Girodo

both are about equal in importance to this point.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Rea without question. Others possibly could have got us here without girado. We dont have anyone else making the saves at first or clutch hits. Sasquatch is it. He is mvp and our best player on the team. Wes is our best player. I cant believe i said that.

Also, just me or has holder not been as sharp lately?

TexasDawg
06-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Trevor Fitts for making the powerpoint

Homedawg
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Trevor Fitts for making the powerpoint

I vote renfroe. Not because he has been the best in postseason, although he has been good. But strictly because he sucks in the clutch as most of you on here say. And since he does, his hit today was even bigger. Even if a blind hog finds an acorn.(he's an incredible hog since he leads us in BA w 2 outs and runners in scoring position)
ETA, my real vote would go to chad by a whisker over Rea. But it truly has been a team effort. Hell no mention of pirtle and he just keeps producing.

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Hitting: Grizzly Rea. He's outstanding defensively at 1B. I don't think anyone really realizes how many Es he saves there. And his bat has been outstanding. Something has really clicked for him the last month. And he's by far the most clutch guy on the team with RISP. Close second is Frazier. He's been steady the whole tourney. His CWS numbers are actually pretty good, they just get overshadowed by his ridiculous SR performance.

Pitching: Girodo. His improvement has been breathtaking. From the "White Flag" guy last year to the badass this year is unbelievable. We need to PAY Butch after this season.

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Definitely overall Wes Rea has been more important. He's in for 100% of the pitches, not just in long relief. He's the captain. He's obviously the loosest player on the field, in a good way. He is not feeling any pressure whatsoever. He calms the whole team. Digging out the Holder throw was an amazing play in a dire situation. The clutch hit to win the OSU game. Basically he is just punching the ball every time up. The huge double play today was a major point in the game.

Renfro is making a push. He had the hit in the 8th against the OSU ace that set up Rea. Also, he is the only guy on the team that scores from first on that play. He caught the out against the wall against OSU. He won the game by himself today (not literally, but that hit ended the game for all intents and purposes) by hitting only the 3rd HR at the CWS this year. Before that he tore up UVA in game 1. And then he also had the triple in the game resumption that ended up being the game winner. He had a RBI in the Mizzou game that was a 17 inning ballgame, too. Wasn't it 2-1 final?

Will James
06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Fro has gotten a hit in every tournament game (only player to do that)

Fro leads us in tournament RBI with 11, don't tell me he don't step up.