PDA

View Full Version : If Dickie Scruggs was willing to bribe a judge, why would anyone think

AlmostPositive
01-26-2015, 08:38 PM
he wouldn't be all over paying Ole Miss recruits?

If you remember, they had to to rearrange transportation for Houston Nutt because Scruggs' plane was grounded.

He was fully invested in OM football, he had millions in the bank, and was without any shred of ethics. And he's far from the only one fitting that description.

AlSwearengen
01-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Mississippi was recently named the most corrupt state in the union and it isn't because of belhaven or alcorn state grads.

Behrdawg
01-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Whether Dickie is in the heppin bidness. Of course he is.

Jack Lambert
01-26-2015, 10:29 PM
When you have a Alabama Booster pay a highschool coach 100K just to insure a kid gets to Alabama proves that money does it. I would also say that it is not out side the possibility of a booster paying Refs.

shannondawg
01-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Especially since all the bribes he made were to get out of debts he rightfully owed.

SheltonChoked
01-27-2015, 08:44 AM
The biggest argument against "the network" is that Scruggs got arrogant. He bribed a Federal judge, with $50,000, on a case he'd make millions on.

Even if the judge had been corrupt, he'd have turned Scruggs in for being cheap.

headcoach98
01-27-2015, 09:31 AM
The biggest argument against "the network" is that Scruggs got arrogant. He bribed a Federal judge, with $50,000, on a case he'd make millions on.

Even if the judge had been corrupt, he'd have turned Scruggs in for being cheap.

If I was that judge I'd been insulted LOL

maroonmania
01-27-2015, 10:07 AM
he wouldn't be all over paying Ole Miss recruits?

If you remember, they had to to rearrange transportation for Houston Nutt because Scruggs' plane was grounded.

He was fully invested in OM football, he had millions in the bank, and was without any shred of ethics. And he's far from the only one fitting that description.

But, but, Dickie served his time and learned his lesson. Surely he is a changed man! I mean Freeze believes in the redemptive nature of man even for ol' Dickie and that's good enough for me.

Saltydog
01-27-2015, 01:30 PM
BTW, for those that haven't read, "Fall of the House of Zeus" you should..........Very interesting read..........