PDA

View Full Version : Now, it's time for a MAJOR check to Butch Thompson. Dont give a sheite

gravedigger
06-21-2013, 05:32 PM
what happens next. If we want to maintain what we have, he's key. I know he's going to get offers. But they should have to pay him the massive bucks to get him away.

This is the moment. We don't need to wait until Tuesday.

hailmari
06-21-2013, 05:37 PM
If we win the NC, write him the check, and get renovations/rebuilds planned, he'll have no reason to leave.

Unless he has head coach aspirations..

LiterallyPolice
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I say we start a kick starter fund to keep Butch as long as possible.

FlabLoser
06-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Yep. Butch has already earned a big raise.

Homedawg
06-21-2013, 08:39 PM
If we win the NC, write him the check, and get renovations/rebuilds planned, he'll have no reason to leave.

Unless he has head coach aspirations..
He wants to win a NC here bad. But he also wants to be a head coach. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, I like that. He has goals himself. A check won't keep him here, when the right job comes along. Just prepare yourselves. What is right? Not sure. But he's told me he has that goal, and when it fits he'll leave, even though he loves this place.

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah but he's smart enough to know that this ship is headed the right way. He needs to continue to develop himself under John Cohen for another year or two minimum, and when it's time, one of the big players will come for him.

John Cohen is the quintessential example of the new era of college baseball coaches. The new style. It's just a more unconventional decision making breed of coaches that tend, in my mind, to really play more toward stats and giving themselves the best chance to win tournaments. And Butch falls right in there in my mind, changing arm slots and having guys who pitch out of the stretch 100%, etc.). These two are innovators in the college game right now. I've been saying for awhile (and been mocked) that Cohen is a top 5 college baseball coach in the nation. Why not work with that guy one more year or two if you are Butch.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Asked a while back but any way he takes over for bianco?

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:29 PM
I hear Bianco is going to be done. The team won't be great next year, and he is gone at that point. That what ya'll hear?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:30 PM
OM is a 10 win sec team next year, at best. He is fired and ross hires ucla coach

Todd4State
06-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Pretty sure Ole Miss will go hard after Dan McDonnell whenever that day comes. If this was 1986, they might go after Butch, but they've built their arrogance up in baseball where it clouds their vision. They're going to want a home run hire- maybe even moreso now with our success.

Todd4State
06-21-2013, 11:55 PM
OM is a 10 win sec team next year, at best. He is fired and ross hires ucla coach

I doubt it. Savage is a west coast guy.

MaroonState
06-22-2013, 02:02 AM
They are drooling for Dan for Louisville. Heard they will create a admin position for Bianco to keep him as part of the school and make the transition for Dan smooth.

Todd4State
06-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Does Bianco know that?

Todd4State
06-22-2013, 11:30 AM
I had to research this, but Bianco has more wins than any other coach in Ole Miss history. And they are talking about firing him because he can't win a SR? OMAHA really must chap their ass.

I seen it dawg
06-22-2013, 01:20 PM
OMAHA chap their ass? Just wait until about 10 o'clock Tuesday night.