PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America Chat

MsStateBaseball
01-26-2015, 03:12 PM
William (Starkville, MS): Glad to be getting back in the swing of things! What are your thoughts on Miss. State this year? Returning 4 of 5 infielders Collins, Rea, Heck, & Britton (plus JC transfer & former FSU 2B john holland). Outfield should have depth with JC guys and Humpreys moving to left. And the offense should be much improved so starting pitching should be the big ? How do you see the bulldogs shaping up in 15?Thanks.

Michael Lananna: We're glad to be back in the swing of things, too. I like the Bulldogs. I'd say the bullpen is more of question mark at this point than the rotation. Losing Jacob Lindgren and Jonathan Holder hurts, and coach John Cohen told me they're still looking for the swing-and-miss component in their pen. He likes their starting pitching depth. It's not going to be the most dominant rotation in the SEC, but there's some experience there. As for offense, you mention John Holland. The coaching staff really likes him. He led the team in quality at-bats in the fall and will probably bat near the top of the order.