PDA

View Full Version : Best class we've had

chef dixon
01-26-2015, 01:34 PM
that I can remember, or at least since recruiting has been heavily covered.

I'm feeling pretty wooly about what Dan can do with a class that has this type of talent considering he's done pretty well with less. We usually have some guys sprinkled in that make you scratch your head but almost top to bottom all the guys committed now look like players.

thedawg
01-26-2015, 01:38 PM
The Bumphis, Tyler Russel, Fletcher Cox class was loaded... and they proved it... Hopefully this class does the same

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I agree chef....this class is loaded

HoopsDawg
01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
that I can remember, or at least since recruiting has been heavily covered.

I'm feeling pretty wooly about what Dan can do with a class that has this type of talent considering he's done pretty well with less. We usually have some guys sprinkled in that make you scratch your head but almost top to bottom all the guys committed now look like players.

'09 was our best class, but Croom deserves most of the credit for that class. The Pig Prather class under Jackie was a really good class.

This is a good, solid class. Pretty balanced as far as positions. A couple of elite prospects, a couple of head scratchers, but mainly solid 3 star prospects. If Champion was going to qualify and if we could have found another elite pass rusher to go with Joseph, I would have liked it more.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2015, 03:04 PM
We will know in 5 years. It's just hard for me to get excited or upset over recruiting because of that fact.

dawgpound
01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
I for one am very excited about this class... We have a few that will have an immediate impact and others that will be really good after a few years in the system

justwin
01-26-2015, 09:28 PM
We now have 6 DL committed to us. 6! Most are 6'3" or taller & the shortest is the newest, Moton @ 6'2". So, yes I'm extremely thrilled with this class based on the DL commits alone. I think Anfernee Mullins is really going to turn heads...he reminds me of a motivated Channing Ward.

More importantly, I think we have an absolute steal in Nick Tiano @ QB. 6'4 230+lbs, smart, articulate, mobile, accurate, etc. I encourage anyone to watch his film.

Dontea Jones is going to compete for PT next year @ WR and may end up being a 3 year player. Fred Brown better step up or lose some PT.

Nick Gibson is a mini Vick Ballard.

BiscuitEater
01-26-2015, 09:50 PM
I agree chef....this class is loaded

Better still ... it fills our needs ... especially if Moton qualifies, Staff is still working on a few ... frosting on the cake!

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 10:16 PM
We now have 6 DL committed to us. 6! Most are 6'3" or taller & the shortest is the newest, Moton @ 6'2". So, yes I'm extremely thrilled with this class based on the DL commits alone. I think Anfernee Mullins is really going to turn heads...he reminds me of a motivated Channing Ward.

More importantly, I think we have an absolute steal in Nick Tiano @ QB. 6'4 230+lbs, smart, articulate, mobile, accurate, etc. I encourage anyone to watch his film.

Dontea Jones is going to compete for PT next year @ WR and may end up being a 3 year player. Fred Brown better step up or lose some PT.

Nick Gibson is a mini Vick Ballard.

Looks like Jones will be a TE for us, and he could very well be our next Malcolm Johnson....or dare I say, Aaron Hernandez without the crime.

justwin
01-26-2015, 10:51 PM
Looks like Jones will be a TE for us, and he could very well be our next Malcolm Johnson....or dare I say, Aaron Hernandez without the crime.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1072775/highlights/51784759 yeah, you may be right, but I wouldn't move him from WR. He seems to fast to be a TE to me. More importantly, he realizes he's 6'4 and plays like it ala Wilson.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 10:53 PM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1072775/highlights/51784759 yeah, you may be right, but I wouldn't move him from WR. He seems to fast to be a TE to me. More importantly, he realizes he's 6'4 and plays like it ala Wilson.

He has already been told he will be a TE, and he said in his interview that he is excited about it. He can be a weapon, bc I agree, he could still play WR for a lot of programs.

justwin
01-26-2015, 10:54 PM
He has already been told he will be a TE, and he said in his interview that he is excited about it. He can be a weapon, bc I agree, he could still play WR for a lot of programs.

ahh, gotcha.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
ahh, gotcha.

Yea I read an interview after one of his visits, and he said Mullen told him he wanted to use him like MoJo as a TE.

Bothrops
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
This is a bad ass class. There are several real diamonds in it. Not a single scholly wasted from my surmise.

justwin
01-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Yea I read an interview after one of his visits, and he said Mullen told him he wanted to use him like MoJo as a TE.

Ok, now I'm confused. So is Farrod Green a TE or WR? If a TE, then he and Dontea Jones are one in the same? Good problem to have. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2036227/highlights/188360375 I hadn't seen his videos before, but he's more athletic than I assumed.