PDA

View Full Version : LL

GTHOM
01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Im gonna address the elephant in the room here and ask, one of the biggest stories of this recruiting season has been LL and everybody saying he's going to flip to us. With signing day coming up what do yall think the odds are that he does flip??

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:07 PM
I fully expect him to sign with Ole Miss. I will be excited if he chooses us, but I'm afraid we have way too many people expecting a "flip" that just isn't going to happen. We'll see. I'd love to be surprised.

thedawg
01-26-2015, 01:11 PM
20% chance... we just never pull off the dramatic flip against them... our coaches feel better about it than I do

BeastMan
01-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I'd give OM a 60-40 edge right now if you made me put numbers on it. End of the day it's whatever. Go to OM and be CJ Johnson or go to MSU and be the KJ Wright/Chris White/Cam Lawerence/Benardrick McKinny/Beni Brown (he's next). There are 2 positions I don't sweat at MSU ever: LB and RB.

Ifyouonlyknew
50%

GTHOM
I fully expect him to sign with Ole Miss. I will be excited if he chooses us, but I'm afraid we have way too many people expecting a "flip" that just isn't going to happen. We'll see. I'd love to be surprised.

No offense but I hope your wrong man, lots of folks have their hopes up. I dont think he will hurt this class because we have some depth at LB already. I know I saw him at just about every home game we had this year. Hope he comes its what everyone is predicting

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 01:15 PM
50%

Exactly 50%? That's sort of a cop out.

I'll give us a 5% chance to flip him. The odds of Freeze and the OM network losing one of their biggest fish to us on signing day are VERY small.

GTHOM
01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I'd give OM a 60-40 edge right now if you made me put numbers on it. End of the day it's whatever. Go to OM and be CJ Johnson or go to MSU and be the KJ Wright/Chris White/Cam Lawerence/Benardrick McKinny/Beni Brown (he's next). There are 2 positions I don't sweat at MSU ever: LB and RB.

true

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I think if he was coming with us, he would have already publicly stated it. By his silence, I assume he is going to keep his commitment to Ole Miss. Hope I'm wrong.

DawgInMemphis
01-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Cool J?

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Im gonna address the elephant in the room here and ask, one of the biggest stories of this recruiting season has been LL and everybody saying he's going to flip to us. With signing day coming up what do yall think the odds are that he does flip??

Lets see if he goes to LSU - if he goes, all bets are off. People discounting LSU are crazy. If he goes on that visit, they will be a player.

GTHOM
01-26-2015, 01:28 PM
so judging from this thread...hes not coming

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Exactly 50%? That's sort of a cop out.

I'll give us a 5% chance to flip him. The odds of Freeze and the OM network losing one of their biggest fish to us on signing day are VERY small.

So I give the highest % chance to flip him but my pick is the cop out? OK.

Statefan
01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Just another hat ceremony for them -- even though he is actually committed

missouridawg
01-26-2015, 01:33 PM
I think if he was coming with us, he would have already publicly stated it. By his silence, I assume he is going to keep his commitment to Ole Miss. Hope I'm wrong.

Here's where I think you're wrong. If Leo is going to flip to us, it will occur on NSD. If his plans are to flip to us, he's doing that to avoid the onslaught of OM boosters leading up to signing day. They harass recruits like no other school can. Therefore, if the flip occurs.... it will be on NSD so as to avoid their crazy boosters.

chef dixon
01-26-2015, 01:39 PM
It would be a first in the flip era for us. I would love to see the Ole Miss fan reaction. Not expecting it though, the flip is just not our strength. We do most of our recruiting work before January.

BeastMan
01-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Cool J?

Winner

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
So I give the highest % chance to flip him but my pick is the cop out? OK.

No biggie, but I'm like go 51 or 49 so you are at least leaning one way or the other.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 01:48 PM
No biggie, but I'm like go 51 or 49 so you are at least leaning one way or the other.

Gotcha. I aint scared I'll go 51%

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 01:57 PM

If you're gonna mention our past guys, you might want to bring up one of theirs: Patrick Willis...he's "pretty good".

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 02:01 PM
If you're gonna mention our past guys, you might want to bring up one of theirs: Patrick Willis...he's "pretty good".

Prolly trying to mention guys who've played at the school since they've been in at least Jr. High.

Big4Dawg
01-26-2015, 02:02 PM

He also got drafte din 2007. Have they had a LB since then?

While KJ Wright got drafted in 2011.

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM

He doesn't really count anymore because he was drafted is 2007. Way before this new era of Mullen and Freeze began with the new staffs on board for each school. Reason we count KJ and Cam is because they are now relevant again with Diaz coming back on board. Although Tommy Kelly is a great Bulldog and still in the NFL, we can't really champion him as a reason as to why a DL should come to MSU. Just not relevant to what's going on at the schools right now.

Big4Dawg
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Farrod Green @iamfarrodgreen ? 2h 2 hours ago
I just want to be surrounded by some workaholics and guys who don't want anything handed to them.. �� HAILSTATE

Could mean something. Could mean nothing. Still interesting.

War Machine Dawg
01-26-2015, 02:04 PM
Here's where I think you're wrong. If Leo is going to flip to us, it will occur on NSD. If his plans are to flip to us, he's doing that to avoid the onslaught of OM boosters leading up to signing day. They harass recruits like no other school can. Therefore, if the flip occurs.... it will be on NSD so as to avoid their crazy boosters.

You get it. No one in their right mind would flip to us early and deal with their bat-shit crazy boosters and fans. They invented the idea of intimidating recruits into signing with them.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 02:05 PM
He doesn't really count anymore because he was drafted is 2007. Way before this new era of Mullen and Freeze began with the new staffs on board for each school. Reason we count KJ and Cam is because they are now relevant again with Diaz coming back on board. Although Tommy Kelly is a great Bulldog and still in the NFL, we can't really champion him as a reason as to why a DL should come to MSU. Just not relevant to what's going on at the schools right now.

Fair point.

jumbo
01-26-2015, 02:07 PM
He signs with us. Now, the real question is does he also sign at Co-Lin or not

BeastMan
01-26-2015, 02:11 PM

Agreed. Was going off more the current staffs. P-Willy was 8 years ago. Manny is a proven LB coach vs Corey Batoon who was a grad assistant a month ago. MSU's track record putting players on the NFL under Mullen, particularly guys who were lightly recruited, is staggering. If you're an NFL guy,it doesn't matter where you go though. They'll find you

FlabLoser
01-26-2015, 02:21 PM

Patrick Willis's coaches aren't at Ole Miss anymore. Our coaches have put multiple LBs in the NFL.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Patrick Willis's coaches aren't at Ole Miss anymore. Our coaches have put multiple LBs in the NFL.

Never stopped that coaching staff from taking credit for players like that before.

Coach34
01-26-2015, 03:03 PM

Why? What better way to make a splash for ESPN than to flip in signing day???

dawgpound
01-26-2015, 03:10 PM
He isn't coming... they will just use him to win another press conference and have him commit to them at his ceremony after unnecessary drama which they love to create

RichardHarrow
01-26-2015, 04:10 PM
I remember seeing a tweet around the MS-AL all-star game, something along the lines of someone overhearing a committed player from MS talking with his teammates and saying something like "If I flip everyone will hate me." The general consensus was that was LL. If he was to flip at some point he would have to deal with a ton of backlash for a long time. However, if on NSD he signs with State, he'll catch hell for a day but everything will be over by that point. If he plans to sign with us, I can see why he wouldn't want to make it public due to everything that would come with that.

cbrunt29
01-26-2015, 04:20 PM
I just don't think he signs with us. Nothing to back that up, just a feeling

Homedawg
01-26-2015, 04:30 PM
I remember seeing a tweet around the MS-AL all-star game, something along the lines of someone overhearing a committed player from MS talking with his teammates and saying something like "If I flip everyone will hate me." The general consensus was that was LL. If he was to flip at some point he would have to deal with a ton of backlash for a long time. However, if on NSD he signs with State, he'll catch hell for a day but everything will be over by that point. If he plans to sign with us, I can see why he wouldn't want to make it public due to everything that would come with that.

It was not LL who said iT, I can tell you that. I will say who it was after next Wednesday.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Let's not speculate

Saltydog
01-26-2015, 05:38 PM
No way we're flipping one of their biggest commits this close to NSD.........It just doesn't happen that way for us..........

sbcmortgageman
01-26-2015, 08:24 PM

Ding ding. Nailed it.

Coach34
01-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Guys- the Leo Lewis saga is going on as we speak

its a 50/50 battle right now.

preachermatt83
01-26-2015, 09:25 PM
It was not LL who said iT, I can tell you that. I will say who it was after next Wednesday.

well want you be stepping out there!!

Bullybaroo
01-26-2015, 11:11 PM
trueHe has been pretty quiet during the process, so him not saying too much shouldn't be too concerning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he visiting LA LA land this weekend? I'm more worried about the Tiggers than I am TSUN. He just doesn't seem to "fit" up there to me. Maybe Farrod can work some magic.

I seen it dawg
01-27-2015, 06:44 AM
100%

maroonmania
01-27-2015, 10:54 AM
100%

Nice. Push ALL your chips to the middle of the table. Right or wrong, I like your conviction.

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 11:52 AM

That wasn't Leo who said that..... you're thinking of Linton.

maroonmania
01-27-2015, 12:12 PM
That wasn't Leo who said that..... you're thinking of Linton.

If true then surprising. Seems there would be more MSU folk in that Walnut area. Isn't that where Michael Haddix was from?

DCdawg
01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
If true then surprising. Seems there would be more MSU folk in that Walnut area. Isn't that where Michael Haddix was from?

Pig Prather

defiantdog
01-27-2015, 12:21 PM

It's not about the community..... it's about his family and coach. They are pushing him to go to OM.

spiritual_machine2005
01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Im from Walnut. High school coaches are all UM.

I seen it dawg
01-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Nice. Push ALL your chips to the middle of the table. Right or wrong, I like your conviction.

I seen it

CadaverDawg
01-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Supposedly Rosebowl is reporting that when Dan and Co got to Leo's school today, there was 5-6 LSU coaches there. Apparently they are putting on the full court press late. Dan was still able to have the in home visit, and Rosebowl says it went well.

Take that for what it's worth.

Sacrifice
01-27-2015, 10:41 PM
How ever it goes with Leo, I love the fact that OM is having to bust ass to keep him...More focus on LL less focus somewhere else...

LC Dawg
01-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know if Jimmy Johns is still involved with Lewis?

sbcmortgageman
01-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Does anyone know if Jimmy Johns is still involved with Lewis?

He's not a factor.

RougeDawg
01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Either way he goes there's no way OM can attack us after they've thrown the Brinks truck at Leo.

RougeDawg
01-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Either way he goes there's no way OM can attack us after they've thrown the Brinks truck at Leo.