jumbo
01-26-2015, 11:24 AM
thanks Hevesy

missouridawg
01-26-2015, 11:24 AM
That's exciting. Good get.

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
If we hold on to what we got we had a great year.. We flip Leo and we had a phenomenal year... We got star power AND knocked it out of the park on our needs

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Yaaay! The world isn't ending!!!****

http://bavatuesdays.com/files/2014/12/7XpJTcZ.gif

Bama_Dawg
01-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Now, let's hope he can get qualified...wouldn't be as big a deal, if he signs with us and we have to send him off to juco...

Bully13
01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
" see what I can do?....now will you be my friend?"

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Need to lock up Miggins Sunday & then we wait for Leo.

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:33 AM
From what I understand him getting qualified is very doable... Its not like he has a prayer if everything goes his way type of deal.. But he does have some stuff he has to get done

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2015, 11:35 AM
From what I understand him getting qualified is very doable... Its not like he has a prayer if everything goes his way type of deal.. But he does have some stuff he has to get done

Ive talked to two different people and received two different answers. LOL.

I would just LIPO (Let IT Play Out).

BulldogDX55
01-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Paul Jones said that the staff expects him to qualify.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 11:36 AM
His grades are fine he just needs an extra 1 or 2 points on his ACT. It's very doable.

shrimp
01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Need to lock up Miggins Sunday & then we wait for Leo.

What's your take on Lamar Jackson?

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:39 AM
I think Lamar Jackson may be a best available type deal if we have a spot. Hes not pushing to commit and we arnt pushing him to commit right this second. We are trying to let the traffic clear and hes wants to take some trips... We will see

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
This puts us at 28 commits right? What is the max we can take in this class?

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
31.. but may not take that many... just depends on who wants to come

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:42 AM
also Darrien McNair is probably a no go... so that brings you to 27

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 11:43 AM

I think he's Florida bound if they decide they want him on his OV next weekend. If not then I think he could fall in our laps. I think he may get a shot at QB but I think he could make a great WR.

msstate7
01-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Nathan Gilliam?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Both sides have to decide what their going to do with the Gilliams situation. We'll visit in home this week & see if he really wants to visit or not.

Rick Danko
01-26-2015, 11:49 AM
also Darrien McNair is probably a no go... so that brings you to 27

What's the deal here? I was pretty excited about this guy based on film? Is he looking around?

thedawg
01-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Diaz isn't as high on him as Collins.. He had a so so senior year.. Hasn't been back to campus in a year...

jumbo
01-26-2015, 11:57 AM

I think it depends on what he wants to do. I assume Louisville and Florida are recruiting him as a QB, but we are recruiting him as an ATH. Florid has the lead according to the "experts"

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Here's what we have to remember about Moton. He was a 4 star and ranked in the Top 300 players in the country before 24/7 and some others knocked him down in mid January when Bama backing off became known and there was rumor of potential grade issues.

This is a big time get for us no matter what the current star ranking is. If you go look at his profile you can see the major dip down in his ranking in January from a 4 star to a 3 star. So regardless of what the websites say, this is a kid a lot of people wanted.

dawgs
01-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Here's what we have to remember about Moton. He was a 4 star and ranked in the Top 300 players in the country before 24/7 and some others knocked him down in mid January when Bama backing off became known and there was rumor of potential grade issues.

This is a big time get for us no matter what the current star ranking is. If you go look at his profile you can see the major dip down in his ranking in January from a 4 star to a 3 star. So regardless of what the websites say, this is a kid a lot of people wanted.

Well having a bad senior year probably explains the backing off by Bama and others and the downgrade in stars. He obviously has the potential to be a stud, but he's at a crossroads. He either mentally checks out and never becomes anything, or he uses this as motivation, hits the weight room, becomes a monster on the DL, and plays every down like the guy trying to block him was the one that backed off him in recruiting and/or lowered his star rating.

We have to gamble on a guy like that, whereas Bama doesnt, they just move on to the next comparable guy that did have a good senior season.

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Well having a bad senior year probably explains the backing off by Bama and others and the downgrade in stars. He obviously has the potential to be a stud, but he's at a crossroads. He either mentally checks out and never becomes anything, or he uses this as motivation, hits the weight room, becomes a monster on the DL, and plays every down like the guy trying to block him was the one that backed off him in recruiting and/or lowered his star rating.

I agree with you that he could be a stud and I think we are in a good position to get the most out of him. He should be able to come in and compete for PT if he's willing to put the work in and I'm hoping that's a motivating factor for him.

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 12:24 PM
I think he's Florida bound if they decide they want him on his OV next weekend. If not then I think he could fall in our laps. I think he may get a shot at QB but I think he could make a great WR.

Isn't he currently committed to Louisville?

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 12:28 PM

We have to gamble on a guy like that, whereas Bama doesnt, they just move on to the next comparable guy that did have a good senior season.

Did he really have a bad SR year? The post you responded to didn't say that. Just said his rating dropped due to Bama backing off and possible grade issues. Bama may have just backed off because they nabbed DT prospects just as good as Moton that don't have grade question marks.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Isn't he currently committed to Louisville?

Yes he is. I keep seeing conflicting reports saying no way he ends up there he just doesn't fit their offense but I've also seen people think it's going to take a lot to pull him away. I'm not expecting him in this class but I think we have a better shot after this weekend.

Bothrops
01-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Jackson will probably end up at Florida. I think we make a push for Mahoni if he visits, a Juco OL from California. On McNair, I have no idea what's going on with his recruitment.

dawgs
01-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Did he really have a bad SR year? The post you responded to didn't say that. Just said his rating dropped due to Bama backing off and possible grade issues. Bama may have just backed off because they nabbed DT prospects just as good as Moton that don't have grade question marks.

Someone's post mentioned a bad senior year, and it's been mentioned on plenty of recruiting sites/boards. He wasn't just downgraded because Bama backed off, Bama backed off because he didn't have a very good senior year and they don't need to gamble that it was merely a hiccup in his development. And the ratings sites (at least 247) does a good job of actually evaluating kids too, they don't just look at an offer sheet and write in a rating based on that, they watch tape and talk to coaches too.

I do know this, if he'd been a 4* committed to Bama that had a good senior year, he wouldn't be committed to us right now. Bama isn't in the business of backing off guys that are already committed and coming off big seasons.

MabenMaroon
01-26-2015, 09:17 PM
6'4" - 318 lbs. pretty fast for his size and athletic enough to a standing back flip. I would say that was a good get.