PDA

View Full Version : SEC preview- D1baseball

messageboardsuperhero
01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
http://www.d1baseball.com/prospects/2015-conference-previews-sec/

Interesting read. They're picking us #6 in the west and one of, if not the last SEC team to get into the NCAA tourney. Rogers doesn't seem to be as high on our offense as most of us are- I personally think we'll be much better at the plate this year. It's hard to blame anyone for thinking that though, considering how unproven we are.

Just thought this was worth sharing.

MsStateBaseball
01-26-2015, 10:15 AM
One day you will believe me when I say Kendall Rogers loves OM and hates us. One day. He is the one that did the review. He has us 6th in the West and picked an OM freshman as freshman POY. Picked OM third. This is absurd. The evidence of his bias is there. Only time will tell.

messageboardsuperhero
01-26-2015, 10:18 AM
One day you will believe me when I say Kendall Rogers loves OM and hates us. One day. He is the one that did the review. He has us 6th in the West and picked an OM freshman as freshman POY. Picked OM third. This is absurd. The evidence of his bias is there. Only time will tell.

I'm not saying that I believe Rogers has a UM bias, but if that's what you believe, you might not want to listen to he and Aaron Fitts' podcast previewing the SEC.

Rogers is very close to the UM staff though- that's undeniable.

ETA: And say what you want about his opinion of how we'll be- but Rogers did his research. He's on point with all our position changes and knows about our players... I don't really have a problem with his preview, to be honest. At least he knows his stuff.

Jacksondevildog
01-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Tate Blackman for Ole Miss will be a stud infielder. There is no doubt about that. But you are right, he loves to pimp the Rebels as much as possible.

MsStateBaseball
01-26-2015, 11:23 AM
And here's another piece of evidence. Baseball America Top 25.......we are ranked 14th.......Ole Miss......not ranked. So out of the 4 polls released so far. Collegiate Baseball, PG, Baseball America and D1.........only D1 has OM ranked. The other 3 have MS State ranked. Hello.

MsStateBaseball
01-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Baseball America ranked 14th
Collegiate Baseball ranked 20th
PG ranked 23rd
Coaches and Writers haven't released yet.
D1 Baseball didn't rank us..