PDA

View Full Version : Just win the media, Bears!

Bucky Dog
01-26-2015, 07:47 AM
I open the Clarion Liar this morning and what do I see? 4 star Van Jefferson commits, 5 star Richmond still solid, New York's number 2 recruit, 3 star by the way, now says Rebels are even with Maryland after his official visit to Oxford,

I noticed the usual quotes from the Plantation in all of the articles:

"It just felt like home"
"Coach Freeze is like family"
"It is a place God wants me to be"
"The town itself is amazing!"
"I just needed my family's blessing"

I swear they put those guys in a media session when they get there to tell them what to say and how to say it! Recruiting is all the matters!****

hailmari
01-26-2015, 07:54 AM
To be fair, you can read pretty similar quotes from kids that visit us and everybody else.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2015, 08:07 AM
It has nothing to do with the visit for them. I wish you guys could understand that.

spiritual_machine2005
01-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Can I get a dollar everytime someone starts a OM recruiting thread?

msstate7
01-26-2015, 08:11 AM
So Jefferson did commit?

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 08:21 AM
To be fair, you can read pretty similar quotes from kids that visit us and everybody else.

Yup.

msstate7
01-26-2015, 08:34 AM
If you go by 247 composite, OM has 8 4*'s and we have 6 4*'s. I'm not concerned about their class. After you get past the 5*'s, the difference between 4*'s and 3*'s is subjective and negligible at best. I trust dan's evaulation. We'll be fine

defiantdog
01-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Van is strange recruit. He supposedly committed to Oklahoma last week. Let's see if he commits to FL next week or sticks with OM.

RealHastings
01-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Van is clearly a head case and wants nothing more than the attention of each and every fantasy he visits. It wouldn't surprise me if he flips again before NSD. This says a lot about how well we are able to keep our commits committed and also about their character imo.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 09:37 AM
Bucky, you sure seem anxious to get that Bear recruiting news out these days. Interesting posting history

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 09:39 AM
This says a lot about how well we are able to keep our commits committed

*Knock on wood....

LeakyD
01-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Dan has 2 30 pt losses in 6 yrs and has not been shutout. Hugh has 2 30 point losses in his last 3 games. They seem to own the media in spite of their failures on the field. Again they will be highly touted in the preseason with no proven qb. State will continue to outperform expectations. I'll be glad when recruiting season is over. We will be fine.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2015, 09:53 AM
They seem to own the media in spite of their failures on the field.

They won 9 games last year, and have had a winning season the least 3. I don't think failure is appropriate; over-hyped maybe.

LeakyD
01-26-2015, 10:04 AM
They won 9 games last year, and have had a winning season the least 3. I don't think failure is appropriate; over-hyped maybe.

Probably too strong, but compare it with how they viewed our 2012 season. With their defense, they had a good team. They lost 4 out of 5, and were shutout 30-0 by a .500 Arkansas team(I realize they were good). The TCU game could have been worse. What other mid level team gets as much benefit of the doubt from national media after those performances?

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Bucky, you sure seem anxious to get that Bear recruiting news out these days. Interesting posting history

Oh hell. Freeze is on ED trolling.

Shouldn't he be out making sure all the Oxford area ATM's are being serviced? Those hookers don't work pro bono.

ScoobaDawg
01-26-2015, 01:24 PM

He still watches MSU Basketball and posts about it... He is either a MSU fan obsessed with them, or a really obsessive bear that does anything to not draw attention.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:38 PM
He still watches MSU Basketball and posts about it... He is either a MSU fan obsessed with them, or a really obsessive bear that does anything to not draw attention.

Yea, the bball posts make me think he's just a MSU fan that enjoys torturing himself.*

Bucky Dog
01-26-2015, 03:05 PM
I just hate everything OM and think their shit is laughable. I have said plenty of times that I prefer our style and results. I just wish they would get called out on all of their BS and hypocrisy.

fishwater99
01-26-2015, 06:02 PM

And they beat the crap out of us in the Egg Bowl...