PDA

View Full Version : Cory Helms to South Carolina

Todd4State
01-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Good luck to him.

HoopsDawg
01-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Good luck to him.

Wow, that hurts. Hev loses another one. He has managed to win 1 recruiting battle in 6 years.

Rayburn8
01-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Good luck to him.
Good luck to him though.

Leroy Jenkins
01-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Granny must be moving**

Dawg496
01-25-2015, 05:28 PM
That sucks. Will he have to sit out a year there? Damn.

Big4Dawg
01-25-2015, 05:32 PM
That sucks. Will he have to sit out a year there? Damn.

Yep, he must really not have wanted to go here.

msstate7
01-25-2015, 05:34 PM

Or maybe he just wanted to go to USCe more. Geez...

Leroy Jenkins
01-25-2015, 05:35 PM

http://imgix.scout.com/135/1358441.jpg

maroonmania
01-25-2015, 05:38 PM

Well, given we gave him the best chance at a waiver this was a pretty big loss. But, maybe he wouldn't have gotten one with us either. Down to Miggins, Moton and Lewis for legitimate prospects left. Hope we get somebody.

Leroy Jenkins
01-25-2015, 05:40 PM

You may have missed the point I believe our friend was trying to make. The rumor was he could be immediately eligible here due to moving closer to a sick grandmother (hardship loophole). Anywhere else he may have to sit a year per transfer rules. So the implication (the way I think he implied it) is he would rather sit a year at SC than play a year here.

At least thats what I got.

Really Clark?
01-25-2015, 05:40 PM
South Carolina is closer and the grandmother was the angle message board people were wanting to use to say he would get to play next year. Even the recruiting guys and people close to the program were doubting he would get the waiver because this is not home. We would have liked to have got him but don't act he wasn't impressed with us. He choose the team he felt like fit better. Nothing more or less.

Bothrops
01-25-2015, 05:49 PM
It's a little closer and more of his neck of the woods anyway. It's sucks though

msstate7
01-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Well, given we gave him the best chance at a waiver this was a pretty big loss. But, maybe he wouldn't have gotten one with us either. Down to Miggins, Moton and Lewis for legitimate prospects left. Hope we get somebody.

So where was miggins this weekend?

How'd moton's visit at mizzou go?

I've given up on Leo

MetEdDawg
01-25-2015, 05:54 PM
I still don't get this to be honest. Columbia is literally only 2 hours closer than Wake Forest is to his grandmother. There are probably 20 D1 schools closer to his grandmother than that.

These types of waivers to get away from schools have become unpractical and don't quite make sense. If someone has a sick relative, there needs to be more strict rules on applying for waivers to be closer to that relative. MSU, OM, Arkansas, LSU, UGA, Ga Tech, UT, and Vandy are all power 5 programs that are at a minimum 3 hours closer.

He was I think 10 or 11 hours away from his grandmother at Wake Forest. Now he's 8 or 9 hours away. There should be zero reason he should get a waiver. And with her living in Mississippi, he narrowed his choice of schools to move closer to her to Penn State, SC, MSU, and Texas A&M. There is something very wrong with those choices in my opinion if he is applying for a waiver to be closer.

And this is not butt hurt about not getting him. This is about college football having a side very similar to college basketball where kids can bend the rules to transfer out of schools they don't like or away from coaches they don't like.

GreenheadDawg
01-25-2015, 05:56 PM
It still amazes me when people act surprised when we lose a recruiting battle. Especially on the O-line.

Noxdog
01-25-2015, 06:07 PM
I still don't get this to be honest. Columbia is literally only 2 hours closer than Wake Forest is to his grandmother. There are probably 20 D1 schools closer to his grandmother than that.

These types of waivers to get away from schools have become unpractical and don't quite make sense. If someone has a sick relative, there needs to be more strict rules on applying for waivers to be closer to that relative. MSU, OM, Arkansas, LSU, UGA, Ga Tech, UT, and Vandy are all power 5 programs that are at a minimum 3 hours closer.

He was I think 10 or 11 hours away from his grandmother at Wake Forest. Now he's 8 or 9 hours away. There should be zero reason he should get a waiver. And with her living in Mississippi, he narrowed his choice of schools to move closer to her to Penn State, SC, MSU, and Texas A&M. There is something very wrong with those choices in my opinion if he is applying for a waiver to be closer.

And this is not butt hurt about not getting him. This is about college football having a side very similar to college basketball where kids can bend the rules to transfer out of schools they don't like or away from coaches they don't like.

It is what it is but CH was not going to get one. His parents are alive and well.

CadaverDawg
01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Interesting. I thought it would be hard to beat our visit. Apparently not.

sbcmortgageman
01-25-2015, 07:17 PM

I've given up on Leo

Yeah, don't give up on Leo.

gtowndawg
01-25-2015, 07:24 PM
http://imgix.scout.com/135/1358441.jpg

“Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn”

Big4Dawg
01-25-2015, 07:24 PM

I've given up on Leo

Miggins went to Kentucky I think
PJ crystal balled Moton to us tonight (he also said we would end up with Helms)

maroonmania
01-25-2015, 07:27 PM

I've given up on Leo

I know Miggins was at KY and I was thinking Moton was going to A&M this weekend.

maroonmania
01-25-2015, 07:29 PM
(he also said we would end up with Helms)

Just another reason I have zero confidence in getting Lewis.

Really Clark?
01-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Miggins went to Kentucky I think
PJ crystal balled Moton to us tonight (he also said we would end up with Helms)

He did not say we would end up with Helms. He liked where we stood but said multiple times he wanted to hear what he said after the So Car visit.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2015, 07:31 PM
I know Miggins was at KY and I was thinking Moton was going to A&M this weekend.

I can't imagine us losing a guy to UK unless Calipari has been hired as an assistant coach.

Moton went to Mizzou, not worried about them.

msstate7
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
I can't imagine us losing a guy to UK unless Calipari has been hired as an assistant coach.

Moton went to Mizzou, not worried about them.

Z. Smith chose them. Hopefully miggins doesn't

basedog
01-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Maybe he saw more competition at Msu and he chose SC for that reason.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Z. Smith chose them. Hopefully miggins doesn't

I don't think UK is going to hire PRCC's DL coach to get Miggins.

So, I don't like their chances.

CadaverDawg
01-25-2015, 08:05 PM
I was just told that Steve Robertson said this afternoon on his pay site that "Cory says he had a good visit at USC, but will be waiting until after his Penn state visit to announce a decision" (paraphrasing). Then about an hour later he committed to South Carolina, ha. Just another reason why paying for recruiting information is so stupid IMO.

I mean, either Steve has some horrible sources, Cory straight lied to him or his source, or Rosey straight made all that crap up. How could you be so wrong within an hour of the decision. It's comical to me. Haha, recruiting season and the "sources". Gotta love it.

Recruiting season is like Halloween except the goons are real and the candy is money.

MabenMaroon
01-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Ah man! Relax folks, there is probably another Elgton Jenkins type recruit or two out there that will sprung upon all of us on or near signing day. Probably some young men that we have never heard of and are completely surprised by. We will fill our needs nicely, this program is rolling now and taking care of recruiting business will become routine.
( By the way, coming from some folks that witness practices and s&c sessions, Elgton and Deion are coming along very nicely and will probably be in the 2-deep mix come fall camp. Folks are saying that they are the real jewels of the 2014 class )

msstate7
01-25-2015, 08:19 PM
I don't think UK is going to hire PRCC's DL coach to get Miggins.

So, I don't like their chances.

They did it once... Haha

msstate7
01-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Is Nathan Gilliam still in play?

Johnson85
01-26-2015, 08:42 AM

I don't think anybody that knew what they were talking about expected him to get a waiver either place. Maybe if he had moved back home he could have gotten a waiver (not even sure that's a possibility if his grandmother didn't raise him), but I don't think there was ever a realistic possibility that he could get a waiver by moving to a place six hours away instead of 12 or whatever he is now.

Bully13
01-26-2015, 11:00 AM
?Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn?

The pic of hevesy needs the caption "Hey wanna be my friend?"

jumbo
01-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Wow, that hurts. Hev loses another one. He has managed to win 1 recruiting battle in 6 years.

just curious, will you give Hev props when we sign Moton?

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
just curious, will you give Hev props when we sign Moton?

If Moton arrives in August, he will certainly deserve a ton of credit.

Then again, Hev's job is to coach the OL, and to me that is the most important part of his job, and last year he did a damn good job.

jumbo
01-26-2015, 11:55 AM
If Moton arrives in August, he will certainly deserve a ton of credit.

Then again, Hev's job is to coach the OL, and to me that is the most important part of his job, and last year he did a damn good job.

I completely agree. But the common narrative is that Hevesy is a liability in recruiting. He was Moton's primary recruiter, and the reason he will sign with us.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:02 PM
I completely agree. But the common narrative is that Hevesy is a liability in recruiting. He was Moton's primary recruiter, and the reason he will sign with us.

No, the narrative is that we aren't recruiting the OL position as good as we need to. And Hevesy is the OL coach. Everyone knows Hevesy helped with Chris Jones and several other big recruits.....it is HIS POSITION that many of us question his recruiting on. Why aren't more of our top OL targets wanting to come and play for him. That is what people question. So no, Moton will do nothing for my perception of our OL recruiting since he plays DL. Rankin and our current class seems to be an improvement, but we are far from matching our OL recruiting with the rest of our recruiting.

Not trying to start this whole debate again, just wanted to make sure the "narrative" was accurate.

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 12:09 PM
No, the narrative is that we aren't recruiting the OL position as good as we need to. And Hevesy is the OL coach. Everyone knows Hevesy helped with Chris Jones and several other big recruits.....it is HIS POSITION that many of us question his recruiting on. Why aren't more of our top OL targets wanting to come and play for him. That is what people question. So no, Moton will do nothing for my perception of our OL recruiting since he plays DL. Rankin and our current class seems to be an improvement, but we are far from matching our OL recruiting with the rest of our recruiting.

Not trying to start this whole debate again, just wanted to make sure the "narrative" was accurate.

I agree. Maybe Hevesy helped with Moton's recruiting, but Moton will be playing under Coach Turner, not Hevesy.

Really Clark?
01-26-2015, 12:12 PM
I agree. Maybe Hevesy helped with Moton's recruiting, but Moton will be playing under Coach Turner, not Hevesy.

He did a lot more than help with Moton. He is the main recruiter and the one that stayed with the young man this whole year while all the fans forgot about Moton. Yes it took the shake up at Bama but Hevesy is the reason we were in position to land him.

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Im not going to get into all the reasons why Moton is signing with us, but yes Hevesy played a role, so did other factors.

Lets not pretend that Hevesy just went head to head with the big boys and came back with Moton.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Im not going to get into all the reasons why Moton is signing with us, but yes Hevesy played a role, so did other factors.

Lets not pretend that Hevesy just went head to head with the big boys and came back with Moton.

That's very true. However he did go head to head with the big boys for Rankin. He also held off Franklin & Penn St for Moon. Is he a great recruiter no he's not but he's improving & it is showing with this class & moreso with the next class I believe.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:18 PM

Yep.

I love how Hevesy defenders try to paint a picture of Hevesy being Moton and Chris Jones' "Recruiter"....as if neither of them even met David Turner until they showed up. Yet, EVERY time we get a commit from an OL target, they act like it was all Hevesy and fail to mention his other "recruiters". You would think Mullen himself was posting on this message board under multiple usernames the way some of our posters want to praise Hevesy for everything.

I don't understand the defensive reactions either. It's somewhat funny. People like you and I aren't saying we hate Hevesy or want him gone...just hoping that he steps up his OL recruiting so we can continue to elevate the program. Not sure why that is viewed as such a bad thing. We all wanted Dan to step up his QB recruiting early on, and he did...and look where that got us.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:19 PM

Yep, good post

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
That's very true. However he did go head to head with the big boys for Rankin. He also held off Franklin & Penn St for Moon. Is he a great recruiter no he's not but he's improving & it is showing with this class & moreso with the next class I believe.

I agree with all of this. What is the outlook for next year that you seem high on? Are we leading for several good OL targets early?

msstate7
01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Clausell was a 2* (79 ranking)

Day was a 2* (78 ranking)

Beckwith was a 0*

Clausell and day are at worst nfl free agents. Beckwith was 1st team all sec.

Now were the rankings wrong or is Hevesy the best ol coach around?

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:26 PM
By the way, I think IfYouOnlyKnew just hit on something important. He said that Hevesy wasn't a great recruiter, but that "he is improving". I think we can all agree with that. And that is one of, if not THE, primary reason that people like me complain about the positions we aren't recruiting well at. If you don't think Hevesy knows that people are questioning his OL recruiting, you're crazy. So what harm does it do to apply a little vocal pressure from the fan base to help push these guys some?

I'm not saying Hevesy listens to what EliteDawgs says, and runs with it. That would be dumb. But I am saying that when the fan base as a whole has a continuous gripe, many times it gets addressed. Maybe Hevesy is tired of being the only coach not to be hitting homeruns on his own unit in terms of recruiting, so he is on a mission to prove everybody wrong. Maybe not. But a fan base being vocal about weaknesses isn't always a bad thing...especially when you admit that the guy is a good recruiter of other positions, and a great developer....he just needs to recruit OL better....and what do you know, he's starting to.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Just looking at the guys we're on early we seem to be making headway with. Of course Champion is a known 4* guy & Dee Nalls is a high 3* right now who is committed to us & has MSU & Louisville offers but expected to really blow up this spring. Guys like Tyler Pritchett, Malik Clark, Javious Bardney, Andrew Boselli, Baveon Johnson, Colton Prater, Luke Elder, Scott Lashley, etc are all guys who have listed us high on their list so far.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Just looking at the guys we're on early we seem to be making headway with. Of course Champion is a known 4* guy & Dee Nalls is a high 3* right now who is committed to us & has MSU & Louisville offers but expected to really blow up this spring. Guys like Tyler Pritchett, Malik Clark, Javious Bardney, Andrew Boselli, Baveon Johnson, Colton Prater, Luke Elder, Scott Lashley, etc are all guys who have listed us high on their list so far.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 12:36 PM

Exactly, we've already covered this MANY TIMES in other threads. Hev does a good job recruiting guys at other positions, no real complaints there. There is definitely a recurring issue though with guys that know they will have to play for him as their position coach.

msstate7
01-26-2015, 12:43 PM
While we're on oline recruiting...

Why did we drop derouen? He has USCe, florida, Louisville, bc, duke, GT, vandy, and other offers. Looks like he'll end up at USCe

thedawg
01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I promise you Hevesy gives less than a shit what anyone puts on this board... 50/50 chance if he knows this board exists ..

thedawg
01-26-2015, 12:46 PM
While we're on oline recruiting...

Why did we drop derouen? He has USCe, florida, Louisville, bc, duke, GT, vandy, and other offers. Looks like he'll end up at USCe

We liked Story better

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Clausell was a 2* (79 ranking)

Day was a 2* (78 ranking)

Beckwith was a 0*

Clausell and day are at worst nfl free agents. Beckwith was 1st team all sec.

Now were the rankings wrong or is Hevesy the best ol coach around?

It shows that Hevesy is a much better developer of talent that he is a recruiter. First, almost all the guys you listed we could have gotten with little to no recruiting effort at all because we were their only chance to play in the SEC. Second, a lot of the OL we've ended up with under Hev have been well down the list of our prospect pecking order because we missed on a lot of targets above them. I seriously believe we could have a monster OL one day if Hev actually go the majority of his top targets for a few years in a row and then was able to put his development skills to use on guys with that much natural talent. Now, we have definitely improved in the quality rating of OL prospects we are bringing in the last couple of classes, but I'm sure its still WAY toward the bottom when compared with what other SEC programs are bringing in.

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 12:57 PM
It shows that Hevesy is a much better developer of talent that he is a recruiter. First, almost all the guys you listed we could have gotten with little to no recruiting effort at all because we were their only chance to play in the SEC. Second, a lot of the OL we've ended up with under Hev have been well down the list of our prospect pecking order because we missed on a lot of targets above them. I seriously believe we could have a monster OL one day if Hev actually go the majority of his top targets for a few years in a row and then was able to put his development skills to use on guys with that much natural talent. Now, we have definitely improved in the quality rating of OL prospects we are bringing in the last couple of classes, but I'm sure its still WAY toward the bottom when compared with what other SEC programs are bringing in.

I agree. It would be nice to see what Hevesy could do if we did actually get some of the top OL targets we go after. Based on our history, we may never know, but I venture to say if we did, we would be pretty good.

elitedawgs
01-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Hevesy had two offensive linemen in the Senior Bowl, and Beckwith should be drafted in April.

ETA: Alabama, Auburn, LSU each had one OL in the Senior Bowl.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Hevesy had two offensive linemen in the Senior Bowl, and Beckwith should be drafted in April.

And that's great....it's just not what the discussion is about.

If he can do that with a group of guys that were at the bottom of our recruiting board, imagine what he could do with the Top guys on our board that we miss out on each year. Might actually be able to build a line that could push Bama and OM back and win us an SEC Title in a few years.

thedawg
01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
He hasnt really missed out on anyone this year unless you count Patterson who was always going to be a reach... This is a real sticking point when this argument comes up. We put out feelers and guys go elsewhere thats not a miss IMO... Last year Bunchie Stallings was a miss... This year we havent had that. We got our top targets except we got our number two interior target with Williams... Top Juco target check... top tackle target check kind of as we placed him in Juco a semester early.. Number two interior target check... top instate sleeper target check... and Harrison Moon who we took really early so we are obviously really high on.. So we came in second for a transfer to Wake Forest and we Lost out on a kid that grew up an Ole Miss fan

elitedawgs
01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAADAAAAAwCAYAAAB XAvmHAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAEWVJREFUaAWlmsmSHPdxxrOqq 6r3nu7ZB8CAQQQJAhQF0o7wCyh8dvjii33xAzjCETxZb6CjDqb 9DnoGn2SFQjIEygQFkMQ22Aaz9vS VHd1lX/fv6fFAUQAA7qAQldX15LLl5lf5h esX3edXZ5b9wjP72yzLqjr3Yzbudbd5Hk9iy/m ZWlmaZq67/pc/JZ4Cee4LvMsY3fH5pufpXzP3O5uWvzjze/lGT0e8l858/7tiyuOdJeC6/mWZZbXHtj/pEUB BZwjZ63at0 lYr9ezXBBYrVq1MAytVqtZFEVcM0NeKTUX3CnglPA591YFnHgY ouub9zdBEIW/jOP4/yW8BI HA3v69Kndu3/P2u22JdPEZrPEMt/DEznL5/N24cIFu3HjhjWWG5bIK3PH4IVTk/Hp9Dj9 qYPPFELovwvAw5 tnDr2RsWcDh7Tse6VlDQlsvhSL4/ePDA7ty6heAdi8dj83NABxgkSWJpzkORlPOhpSg0ncT2/pUr9t77l7k/QFG8cbqBhMWh 9SzF3ASKnV8VtYsS38W8JL8S3e95YuEl8W1ScDHjx/bf//615abTDiTWT4KLECx6XRqYRTaGLj4HgpJ HhszaNDO9h7YXt7V yzz/7KyqWqAV U0xNRQKh6y7YwIO/IB2 59i9 lvCywhhL37171766fdtihF9CaEFGWwjuXQAjGKK7c1iL32cWo8 QMxb 5c8d2n 3atWsf20cfXbMolB09w2fu jf9c9YL/sJNr96g84v97G/YH4gE9njnkd1F HQ8sErkWynyrFYpWpQvWIz1PYQPEKYYhM5jJQK4UCyZxYmFk8x KhbIN n27efN39rv/ Q3Yjy1l93xgcrq7QFewu4D/XoqFEXXmnT0geLx4sWt/ P3vbTzoWT7wbbVato2livVGEyDjWWc4sojrUiyd81FjNrU8WSg imAGUTUZ4Qd7BK/FkjDfuWr1etxuf3uD894Ke5 idFJBHhr2O3fztby3ud61MsF5cXbE6CmytV23mR/bd0wMrF4oum8xQIkRQASng0yMj aWi UBtMI0tIaB9DJwR6P/75R9tZWXFti6995c14A2a8NyXI/t110p4ue6PX96y44MXVitGViGWLzWq9tc3fgpYYpt6oR0edyle MUJ7NsWak2EHGBETCFwtV3h8ZkWvZF4vsxhPKESk4mgwtNu3v7 bVjQsWcL3k0raA8eK7zi2CWMfn9oBS5tHRkT16eB94yPKrdv3y RVsH9xWg0MP3B3u7tlqp2lK55grZOJtY5dKabTRWLIelVQsmxM cIy3fHie08e2qHza5NuF/Pf7LzxO7fv2 ffPLJS0JK0Ndt51JgYX0VKo80WggD21xbwfI/sRVSJbXVel5kFy5esRGJyEeYfrtpxUJgy1sNmw5GFnf6Nhj0iZ OBdYc5K0xyLg37udCa/aH1x1OEntq3335LVvrIWf6s1c lwAJOEli52RV6PKnPjIJzcnCEs32rFHK21SjYcjkj/WXQhIKtk8 LpTL3KUuFCHfRCTFNRtZJZpYWUDQOLE prRHMCYpvrjTce5L0gII2BTa8Z0Ii5V2iHgp0/ZEspMsf1GFekX7wp7Mn5xVRhatULNra rptbW1aDk/I2hlpNQvyliuUrFipEQ eTai yigicyE5PiwUzCsWzIp5S7hPVTgf5R0/KvKbT4BHCN1oNFwdkeDn2c4FIbkgRSClUBUkvWhjc9MCPj0E8Z zwZfOiEuQtstBIocrruofAlwUpy bhIRkhZk xtI5zxFNBWUvXILSKoEOAI3w/bPWzir2kwIIinL1Ax7KGj9trS0vWOVm4G65DYPbA9d7RMxvMHv Ly0C5vbxMf6446xKOR2Sy2cTyxewrQxzvW5ziEkZZmVHR5jv3s ewUdvWuGoRym0EEKOTkEKcEJo hT 0sKuKt 4B9qMqktZ0XgkzkiJ1x6CD 0PeLCC4pQ6La1Wy1rHx/a9OqHtlpv2CQe2RhW uT5rt27d58Kndra6rpFQCYjmDvdnoNZCKSQ0jHYPJVccCIvnGs 7lwLSVLlXvF5uFzS0hVHBNjcv2HBqttRYtmbzyAbtlvVaTQK8Y OUwZ8/2DyBue7aO4JVqw7q9ERmqDxxn4H3ZehNoB4ZQkBZQrF5fcpwph Td5WPptW7Bwz6sXQkdcGM3ESziaZTPcNbNraxuWJzpFT8J8aL1 2548emL9aWSH wjaWLLLFy5auUhMEM4DaMWMQF6nbvSGsT189oh6ULBiMrb1C1v EtG85b2YrVPM8BrF0hOA0NcSbkoHPe31elhFXkvVVec/lAZ4DplPbvrxt1xukSlIjidBCHlinaF278qGlQdmON9YsDy3YX FtFKLMxMZAjGGtYdrlStipkrnj9GkoNrQokw0rJ9k5a8KnQtrc uWh9ylyR45FRQef5t2/kU0HMQSDFwuVaH 2xZF8zneVGxVLOiXwHrE1tBwWIhT YxuH9MDMQW4q0A5T3od4W0WVpZMltmh/S16OJCeoWAeOr3 lYkuPWOOVV4O3yk3EsQep3Gkl RryYlXwnlDooNwFemQLMK1LhWgipzjDw2SRMCO7IgyqxCXWiet F1CERfKAzt1Ze3eEEHBOUZQwzOhp8g7BYARm7MZv nAyaXD08xzNmv5i5OvE949TQ/UzS4DhTwTIcgSkwTrYtX6yrJV8ET7pGOHRy0bT1L4DSkyKlvsB RZTnfeaLZshUEjO96gJPulSfYM8l3gQPCCWy0dWLpfdK5H3tdt ZmR0bXVz5aoAszrtPLKGJQ2cwtermKi5p23Asq82wZs8Onuzac bNpV iu9o PbJ/jCXh TNcVUKxi7j9gUkE doYY0yMMxiN4Ud/G0OsA6K3T9FerNUuEfWdx9/GSGPrykgJnf9UPfy4Spybw3ZiAfIKbZ Trx1gs7YJtr2C5eGajVt8OB4d2Dya6Bp fZlMgYa5H6NM rq1sEJxdW6ot2Qj6vAsVV56XIZSVEmqD71PZ3//Alta3bOIEJ8uJoUpYvJZlOZdmz8q6OD5fEJ9eLZ0mcM/nwKFGGgzI9dPZ2PbbB7ayukyDXia4u8TKxPXHZZqX/IWq7e/Nuf941IVqeFi5OheKuNIEQ1loZW0NiClw5zVmIeDbPs8X6meeA ruxxC8Y4luHKjsmnW5tb1i1VqEHaEGH72LxHgVu3dbX12hiyuC 6ROrsc34IAYysRpV2JFDinnpd8GQ6eOZN5zuEa811UOpSDAhGb 9rIfryIsp jOaHIRXQqKYUoJK9vb1 CQtRdtkqBQIi1wxyjFipyBPxqy6u2RKUdU307KOmeRZET5jw84 Qi8y2xg/xVZzuL rIx/DuIF9t8kvH4jmTpczjyaluHYiuWIfD8lCPENggpKTPqcgL3mIZ wnc5xoZXnFAqj0cbNN8A7dZC4heDVmLJB9RBskmGD6Ltu5e LFQzW5ofjzlYlbAqHrjqi0BDnCaOaTJw5qVXpfTeQUiChV4ftg TO6HuR41j6kRYqD0DMSKckQoqi0F1EC84 YK2QI 57lX2Qh/OwEs9GkFB66SNvwSlh7aSJCEZzcKVasuF5lixNZikqFB15C02Z 8MgR21YJqjL4BjgSOfaYY6uUzPJou9uqlfnlfn S8LtMhj75SFdLtInkiaXuZjXeU98f4hTY2PYppOJAy6PNpMMqR 1J R6Zj/96diOOic2pjZMgFU4gxrSA6s4Zo6sEUuKh3fcfoQCYoZOBV6sC Vvexq0TO6aZF5vMsoFtrDGd69K8U AyaEcTLyn/N FPovnq6nwKmcf9qhkvnj 36jrjFCjJO2ZRzZsQh4g/7yZqrT8pVpvxRwPcKuPyo 7QhnhC3dcJU2pEg1nOqLJja1Mb9Bsvcm0pmpOhNGPlFEbfP24y 9D2wrfc cEGNhvz93hsLiOvc4vzi Ed4YC58Cqb7NCIRs5/3Lq5aWBwheBcYJNaFFo9gn1OCckhwiyJrWCVhA/XQWKvAp04IUiEp9OGDB1aoNaxOxXY99DktOi8C57xYl8n6bkOK EdBod1ukQQhdrWwr9QrwadjqagNaTWahPsjKCuAQgUv0BZqZlm hoCrDSPN5TJ6bflJV2Hj18KVjnL3rTv28M4kVJB 8Elxptj8CdMsBS4RoMmnAbaDK9bcpvpRIBnEHKQEq5WKfDKhAD XevFKdeNKG4zaLQyzHx8wnyDIE9dz5zBTJXR2sO2a0s3NjacIh rHCz7zrCO/qdjKgC6SnAffAKEFBmnmsI6E08s9quuINrHdaluqpgW4tEQd1p atmM7HI3qpxohLSzWmEAnFiz6ZBp5mEWEC1skQmALWg51qsFss F FOJASWK3Z2dtwS1Sot6BJTENUIKcJaFTtKuNggmT/bUKpE5TZD6FTEo20WSi2xW h1i8wCJeC3ww0G116HkbbgFPwaXmRLsaIDHQDGF1b56KG5JudR wzsUgxTARPyhcqlsKTFPjtQYcZ7IFjsCJ9UqTCvNWt8jhmLJm0 Cf2648y2iHDHQ/SzvEaDHdMDj6d96/Sa1qaJJ4zxuKqx1isS toTN63QdxUdzXa06zl5OFBExgmJA6XcKtZWHCh/RhiBAGCq52GQkiWjGLYqhqpcl9o0mdj wZ49331q7c4x5yau4dd75pmTrKYvi21R4fTdw0oZsDk OcaSMSfgOrzIcRf6VnoqMgrxgKD71IEuEFmqYSkEFXz0AlnNz0 EXgECOY5AFqYsodayn6XegJEUzvDii0Z9nK3m5y/k6y1gj16GNRvI68TSouM6vWKwiy/wdLymgl2oX5nRzt9dGeK06UnCppmX6W97q4HGwd jm/hrk9nn5AYt3BTJPyHdlFCniYUkNrSTkFOqteZJ3WnXFkSJREoK 73R wihnToFM7gK4KndKxRzvqphTgJAgI impuhVbDfkExXIZReY4AUsiX1TH0YhRNx1Umhs7JQSJCFqQY/cSMhGQ eoPd8jbj2ybFvDqB5etBEV tLdv1aW6LUPmcvAN1iTpzmQIBjATEXCsH FVJxhLUazp VDyzv4Lu/nlbbv68TULaizF9ga8TwaAbjAz0sJCDk lM3VleBEDDMY9jNg0rwWEMm/iBqzdboeGhMwCbJSbYzygt0oBN43Q4gSB adbX9vdPz201bW6 UDqxfEBx0tkkrrdebJn1xitVEiJKbCbQNxmY DDM9SwZxSzkbwLiRMH2tl5brdu3YGVZra7u2 XtuerM85oXO gLKjhzcWxptpKAjmU17o0UPKSw8O9QEuk6q8URBW6q6RFwHCzK qgE138RGAKVF89e2OZ63dY216DJrAmQ7wcQtsMRTQq7Hxy5Zac ilsrBNAsoGdJaeribfsx2D4/seatrzxD44cOnUJGyVRqMZDCWPB1PmZeipOJIS7mCn2ZFWoLSe aVmZTadK5WmScCJg939Zxfz4Hcym891kpSloUrFWV6a60Z5YTA YWJ6R4UUsVWdAFZK3yyyfTsD3we4RLSawYebznB54q15lEaRuG 8sVC rLtkeq/fKb /bVdw BANMMFjzqK tkFcWI gHqDQaT9RfZUMbTu1VXxFz1GbKQPhzNLJlN7LNPPzsI/v7v/uFXj7948i/JbBqKIstFMQIRM876cp9u1IOVk6/dKJBtShYViRl4jBryvA VXmZhD083gaFG6MGsYl3GhlQKO7r/3O588x3LrxP64VW8htCaXxGkKfBRzzxNhnicyOGZi3fKC/o/FY69usQgOM8hD8yn//SP//yr3H/8 39 /dOffPrx3sF 7fikWSCYfbFIcoiDkPKzWkS5Uv/zJGSAVSB/Z2o8CNIIIbyUZiTuAqkivTJFFqVyDLDKWP6bR4/t9ncPrLK0QuPPAKxCvLCSk USjstYlsVwvB/RQ i/KfSg4VqlUdOvLTpNyaLlgjGwTa59eP3w83/9 W uX/3k5/8HphQDsELtIDYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
JeritRoser
Super Bowl starters' recruiting rankings:5* = 0 4* = 8 3* = 20 2* = 10 1* = 0 NR = 5 N/A = 5http://t.co/DqgnjXgWR5 #NSD2015 #SigningDay
1/25/15, 5:26 PM (https://twitter.com/elitedawgs/status/559759882975334400)

No 5*'s starting in the Super Bowl

Of the starting 44, 30 of them were 3 stars.

Yes, every January there is a WTF moment with Hevesy. At the end of the day, he is doing a good job.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:10 PM
He hasnt really missed out on anyone this year unless you count Patterson who was always going to be a reach... This is a real sticking point when this argument comes up. We put out feelers and guys go elsewhere thats not a miss IMO... Last year Bunchie Stallings was a miss... This year we havent had that. We got our top targets except we got our number two interior target with Williams... Top Juco target check... top tackle target check kind of as we placed him in Juco a semester early.. Number two interior target check... top instate sleeper target check... and Harrison Moon who we took really early so we are obviously really high on.. So we came in second for a transfer to Wake Forest and we Lost out on a kid that grew up an Ole Miss fan

I agree. That's why many of us say this year could start a turnaround in our OL recruiting. Hopefully our OL classes moving forward look like this or better, and this class doesn't become an outlier.

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAADAAAAAwCAYAAAB XAvmHAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAEWVJREFUaAWlmsmSHPdxxrOqq 6r3nu7ZB8CAQQQJAhQF0o7wCyh8dvjii33xAzjCETxZb6CjDqb 9DnoGn2SFQjIEygQFkMQ22Aaz9vS VHd1lX/fv6fFAUQAA7qAQldX15LLl5lf5h esX3 edXZ5b9wjP72yzLqjr3Yzbudbd5Hk9iy/m ZWlmaZq67/pc/JZ4Cee4LvMsY3fH5pufpXzP3O5uWvzjze/lGT0e8l858/7tiy uOdJeC6/mWZZbXHtj/pEUB BZwjZ63at0 lYr9ezXBBYrVq1MAytVqtZFEVcM0NeKTUX3CnglPA591YFnHgY ouub9zdBEIW/jOP4/yW8BI HA3v69Kndu3/P2u22JdPEZrPEMt/DEznL5/N24cIFu3HjhjWWG5bIK3PH4IVTk/Hp9Dj9 qYPPFELovwvAw5 tnDr2RsWcDh7Tse6VlDQlsvhSL4/ePDA7ty6heAdi8dj83NABxgkSWJpzkORlPOhpSg0ncT2/pUr9t77l7k/QFG8cbqBhMWh 9SzF3ASKnV8VtYsS38W8JL8S3e95YuEl8W1ScDHjx/bf//615abTDiTWT4KLECx6XRqYRTaGLj4HgpJ HhszaNDO9h7YXt7V yzz/7KyqWqAV U0xNRQKh6y7YwIO/IB2 59i9 lvCywhhL37171766fdtihF9CaEFGWwjuXQAjGKK7c1iL32cWo8 QMxb 5c8d2n 3atWsf20cfXbMolB09w2fu jf9c9YL/sJNr96g84v97G/YH4gE9njnkd1F HQ8sErkWynyrFYpWpQvWIz1PYQPEKYYhM5jJQK4UCyZxYmFk8x KhbIN n27efN39rv/ Q3Yjy1l93xgcrq7QFewu4D/XoqFEXXmnT0geLx4sWt/ P3vbTzoWT7wbbVato2livVGEyDjWWc4sojrUiyd81FjNrU8WSg imAGUTUZ4Qd7BK/FkjDfuWr1etxuf3uD894Ke5 idFJBHhr2O3fztby3ud61MsF5cXbE6CmytV23mR/bd0wMrF4oum8xQIkRQASng0yMj aWi UBtMI0tIaB9DJwR6P/75R9tZWXFti6995c14A2a8NyXI/t110p4ue6PX96y44MXVitGViGWLzWq9tc3fgpYYpt6oR0edyle MUJ7NsWak2EHGBETCFwtV3h8ZkWvZF4vsxhPKESk4mgwtNu3v7 bVjQsWcL3k0raA8eK7zi2CWMfn9oBS5tHRkT16eB94yPKrdv3y RVsH9xWg0MP3B3u7tlqp2lK55grZOJtY5dKabTRWLIelVQsmxM cIy3fHie08e2qHza5NuF/Pf7LzxO7fv2 ffPLJS0JK0Ndt51JgYX0VKo80WggD21xbwfI/sRVSJbXVel5kFy5esRGJyEeYfrtpxUJgy1sNmw5GFnf6Nhj0iZ OBdYc5K0xyLg37udCa/aH1x1OEntq3335LVvrIWf6s1c lwAJOEli52RV6PKnPjIJzcnCEs32rFHK21SjYcjkj/WXQhIKtk8 LpTL3KUuFCHfRCTFNRtZJZpYWUDQOLE prRHMCYpvrjTce5L0gII2BTa8Z0Ii5V2iHgp0/ZEspMsf1GFekX7wp7Mn5xVRhatULNra rptbW1aDk/I2hlpNQvyliuUrFipEQ eTai yigicyE5PiwUzCsWzIp5S7hPVTgf5R0/KvKbT4BHCN1oNFwdkeDn2c4FIbkgRSClUBUkvWhjc9MCPj0E8Z zwZfOiEuQtstBIocrruofAlwUpy bhIRkhZk xtI5zxFNBWUvXILSKoEOAI3w/bPWzir2kwIIinL1Ax7KGj9trS0vWOVm4G65DYPbA9d7RMxvMHv Ly0C5vbxMf6446xKOR2Sy2cTyxewrQxzvW5ziEkZZmVHR5jv3s ewUdvWuGoRym0EEKOTkEKcEJo hT 0sKuKt 4B9qMqktZ0XgkzkiJ1x6CD 0PeLCC4pQ6La1Wy1rHx/a9OqHtlpv2CQe2RhW uT5rt27d58Kndra6rpFQCYjmDvdnoNZCKSQ0jHYPJVccCIvnGs 7lwLSVLlXvF5uFzS0hVHBNjcv2HBqttRYtmbzyAbtlvVaTQK8Y OUwZ8/2DyBue7aO4JVqw7q9ERmqDxxn4H3ZehNoB4ZQkBZQrF5fcpwph Td5WPptW7Bwz6sXQkdcGM3ESziaZTPcNbNraxuWJzpFT8J8aL1 2548emL9aWSH wjaWLLLFy5auUhMEM4DaMWMQF6nbvSGsT189oh6ULBiMrb1C1v EtG85b2YrVPM8BrF0hOA0NcSbkoHPe31elhFXkvVVec/lAZ4DplPbvrxt1xukSlIjidBCHlinaF278qGlQdmON9YsDy3YX FtFKLMxMZAjGGtYdrlStipkrnj9GkoNrQokw0rJ9k5a8KnQtrc uWh9ylyR45FRQef5t2/kU0HMQSDFwuVaH 2xZF8zneVGxVLOiXwHrE1tBwWIhT YxuH9MDMQW4q0A5T3od4W0WVpZMltmh/S16OJCeoWAeOr3 lYkuPWOOVV4O3yk3EsQep3Gkl RryYlXwnlDooNwFemQLMK1LhWgipzjDw2SRMCO7IgyqxCXWiet F1CERfKAzt1Ze3eEEHBOUZQwzOhp8g7BYARm7MZv nAyaXD08xzNmv5i5OvE949TQ/UzS4DhTwTIcgSkwTrYtX6yrJV8ET7pGOHRy0bT1L4DSkyKlvsB RZTnfeaLZshUEjO96gJPulSfYM8l3gQPCCWy0dWLpfdK5H3tdt ZmR0bXVz5aoAszrtPLKGJQ2cwtermKi5p23Asq82wZs8Onuzac bNpV iu9o PbJ/jCXh TNcVUKxi7j9gUkE doYY0yMMxiN4Ud/G0OsA6K3T9FerNUuEfWdx9/GSGPrykgJnf9UPfy4Spybw3ZiAfIKbZ Trx1gs7YJtr2C5eGajVt8OB4d2Dya6Bp fZlMgYa5H6NM rq1sEJxdW6ot2Qj6vAsVV56XIZSVEmqD71PZ3//Alta3bOIEJ8uJoUpYvJZlOZdmz8q6OD5fEJ9eLZ0mcM/nwKFGGgzI9dPZ2PbbB7ayukyDXia4u8TKxPXHZZqX/IWq7e/Nuf941IVqeFi5OheKuNIEQ1loZW0NiClw5zVmIeDbPs8X6meeA ruxxC8Y4luHKjsmnW5tb1i1VqEHaEGH72LxHgVu3dbX12hiyuC 6ROrsc34IAYysRpV2JFDinnpd8GQ6eOZN5zuEa811UOpSDAhGb 9rIfryIsp jOaHIRXQqKYUoJK9vb1 CQtRdtkqBQIi1wxyjFipyBPxqy6u2RKUdU307KOmeRZET5jw84 Qi8y2xg/xVZzuL rIx/DuIF9t8kvH4jmTpczjyaluHYiuWIfD8lCPENggpKTPqcgL3mIZ wnc5xoZXnFAqj0cbNN8A7dZC4heDVmLJB9RBskmGD6Ltu5e LFQzW5ofjzlYlbAqHrjqi0BDnCaOaTJw5qVXpfTeQUiChV4ftg TO6HuR41j6kRYqD0DMSKckQoqi0F1EC84 YK2QI 57lX2Qh/OwEs9GkFB66SNvwSlh7aSJCEZzcKVasuF5lixNZikqFB15C02Z 8MgR21YJqjL4BjgSOfaYY6uUzPJou9uqlfnlfn S8LtMhj75SFdLtInkiaXuZjXeU98f4hTY2PYppOJAy6PNpMMqR 1J R6Zj/96diOOic2pjZMgFU4gxrSA6s4Zo6sEUuKh3fcfoQCYoZOBV6sC Vvexq0TO6aZF5vMsoFtrDGd69K8U AyaEcTLyn/N FPovnq6nwKmcf9qhkvnj 36jrjFCjJO2ZRzZsQh4g/7yZqrT8pVpvxRwPcKuPyo 7QhnhC3dcJU2pEg1nOqLJja1Mb9Bsvcm0pmpOhNGPlFEbfP24y 9D2wrfc cEGNhvz93hsLiOvc4vzi Ed4YC58Cqb7NCIRs5/3Lq5aWBwheBcYJNaFFo9gn1OCckhwiyJrWCVhA/XQWKvAp04IUiEp9OGDB1aoNaxOxXY99DktOi8C57xYl8n6bkOK EdBod1ukQQhdrWwr9QrwadjqagNaTWahPsjKCuAQgUv0BZqZlm hoCrDSPN5TJ6bflJV2Hj18KVjnL3rTv28M4kVJB 8Elxptj8CdMsBS4RoMmnAbaDK9bcpvpRIBnEHKQEq5WKfDKhAD XevFKdeNKG4zaLQyzHx8wnyDIE9dz5zBTJXR2sO2a0s3NjacIh rHCz7zrCO/qdjKgC6SnAffAKEFBmnmsI6E08s9quuINrHdaluqpgW4tEQd1p atmM7HI3qpxohLSzWmEAnFiz6ZBp5mEWEC1skQmALWg51qsFss F FOJASWK3Z2dtwS1Sot6BJTENUIKcJaFTtKuNgg mT/bUKpE5TZD6FTEo20WSi2xW h1i8wCJeC3ww0G116HkbbgFPwaXmRLsaIDHQDGF1b56KG5JudR wzsUgxTARPyhcqlsKTFPjtQYcZ7IFjsCJ9UqTCvNWt8jhmLJm0 Cf2648y2iHDHQ/SzvEaDHdMDj6d96/Sa1qaJJ4zxuKqx1isS toTN63QdxUdzXa06zl5OFBExgmJA6XcKtZWHCh/RhiBAGCq52GQkiWjGLYqhqpcl9o0mdj wZ49331q7c4x5yau4dd75pmTrKYvi21R4fTdw0oZsDk OcaSMSfgOrzIcRf6VnoqMgrxgKD71IEuEFmqYSkEFXz0AlnNz0 EXgECOY5AFqYsodayn6XegJEUzvDii0Z9nK3m5y/k6y1gj16GNRvI68TSouM6vWKwiy/wdLymgl2oX5nRzt9dGeK06UnCppmX6W97q4HGwd jm/hrk9nn5AYt3BTJPyHdlFCniYUkNrSTkFOqteZJ3WnXFkSJREoK 73R wihnToFM7gK4KndKxRzvqphTgJAgI impuhVbDfkExXIZReY4AUsiX1TH0YhRNx1Umhs7JQSJCFqQY/cSMhGQ eoPd8jbj2ybFvDqB5etBEV tLdv1aW6LUPmcvAN1iTpzmQIBjATEXCsH FVJxhLUazp VDyzv4Lu/nlbbv68TULaizF9ga8TwaAbjAz0sJCDk lM3VleBEDDMY9jNg0rwWEMm/iBqzdboeGhMwCbJSbYzygt0oBN43Q4gSB adbX9vdPz201bW6 UDqxfEBx0tkkrrdebJn1xitVEiJKbCbQNxmY DDM9SwZxSzkbwLiRMH2tl5brdu3YGVZra7u2 XtuerM85oXO gLKjhzcWxptpKAjmU17o0UPKSw8O9QEuk6q8URBW6q6RFwHCzK qgE138RGAKVF89e2OZ63dY216DJrAmQ7wcQtsMRTQq7Hxy5Zac ilsrBNAsoGdJaeribfsx2D4/seatrzxD44cOnUJGyVRqMZDCWPB1PmZeipOJIS7mCn2ZFWoLSe aVmZTadK5WmScCJg939Zxfz4Hcym891kpSloUrFWV6a60Z5YTA YWJ6R4UUsVWdAFZK3yyyfTsD3we4RLSawYebznB54q15lEaRuG 8sVC rLtkeq/fKb /bVdw BANMMFjzqK tkFcWI gHqDQaT9RfZUMbTu1VXxFz1GbKQPhzNLJlN7LNPPzsI/v7v/uFXj7948i/JbBqKIstFMQIRM876cp9u1IOVk6/dKJBtShYViRl4jBryvA VXmZhD083gaFG6MGsYl3GhlQKO7r/3O588x3LrxP64VW8htCaXxGkKfBRzzxNhnicyOGZi3fKC/o/FY69usQgOM8hD8yn//SP//yr3H/8 39 /dOffPrx3sF 7fikWSCYfbFIcoiDkPKzWkS5Uv/zJGSAVSB/Z2o8CNIIIbyUZiTuAqkivTJFFqVyDLDKWP6bR4/t9ncPrLK0QuPPAKxCvLCSk USjstYlsVwvB/RQ i/KfSg4VqlUdOvLTpNyaLlgjGwTa59eP3w83/9 W uX/3k5/8HphQDsELtIDYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
JeritRoser
Super Bowl starters' recruiting rankings:5* = 04* = 83* = 202* = 101* = 0 NR = 5N/A = 5http://t.co/DqgnjXgWR5 #NSD2015 #SigningDay
1/25/15, 5:26 PM (https://twitter.com/elitedawgs/status/559759882975334400)

I will just point out that there are considerably more kids ranked as 3 stars than 5 stars. There are 35 5 stars in this years class according to 24/7. There are 2901 total recruits this year on their site. That means 5 stars make up 1.2% of this years class. This stat of a players high school ranking in the Super Bowl is highly overused and misleading.

So when the draft comes around, there are really very few former 5 star players to choose from in terms of available prospects. Not to mention what works at the pro level doesn't always work at the college level and is not necessarily a predictor of success. Nick Marshall and Braxton Miller will never play a down of QB in the NFL. But Braxton led his team to an undefeated season and Marshall led his to a national title appearance. I believe Braxton was a 5 star and Marshall was a 2 star.

In the end we love to produce NFL prospects, but the goal is to win at the college level, not necessarily produce NFL talent. It's very hard to have one without the other, but there are teams that do it. Auburn's title year only put 3 people in the draft and they had 20+ seniors on that team. So while putting guys in the NFL is important, it doesn't necessarily indicate success at the college level.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:19 PM
I will just point out that there are considerably more kids ranked as 5 stars than 3 stars. There are 35 5 stars in this years class according to 24/7. There are 2901 total recruits this year on their site. That means 5 stars make up 1.2% of this years class. This stat of a players high school ranking in the Super Bowl is highly overused and misleading.

So when the draft comes around, there are really very few former 5 star players to choose from in terms of available prospects. Not to mention what works at the pro level doesn't always work at the college level and is not necessarily a predictor of success. Nick Marshall and Braxton Miller will never play a down of QB in the NFL. But Braxton led his team to an undefeated season and Marshall led his to a national title appearance.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/17R3Y/boom-goes-the-dynamite/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

whosyourdawgy
01-26-2015, 01:24 PM
https://twitter.com/dizzle_draftpic/status/559756503343960066

Yep Hevesy sux at recruiting, coaching, being an asshole, blah ****ing blah. The only coach that has ever gotten more shit from this board is Rick Stansbury. And why I have no idea. I'm glad he's our asshole coach and until Dan leaves you folks that don't like him better suck it up

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 01:25 PM
I agree. That's why many of us say this year could start a turnaround in our OL recruiting. Hopefully our OL classes moving forward look like this or better, and this class doesn't become an outlier.

This year is the best we've done no doubt and Rankin may be his best get to date. Champion would have been a nice get if he could have qualified. Story, Moon and Williams seem to be pretty good although not highly ranked. Still higher ranked on average than what we've seen in the past though. Overall, I'm good with what we are bringing in this year for OL. We obviously never had a real shot with Patterson.

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
This year is the best we've done no doubt and Rankin may be his best get to date. Champion would have been a nice get if he could have qualified. Story, Moon and Williams seem to be pretty good although not highly ranked. Still higher ranked on average than what we've seen in the past though. Overall, I'm good with what we are bringing in this year for OL. We obviously never had a real shot with Patterson.

This is what kind of makes me mad. We got Rankin and we got Champion (who ended up not qualifiying but I believe has already recommitted). But for some reason a lot of our fans don't count those two because one is a JUCO and one didn't qualify. Add in Story who we know got some push late from some schools and Williams who has some good offers and is from Alabama and this class of OL is pretty good. I think our staff pretty much got who they went after and Hevesy deserves credit for that.

We've never attracted big time OL. Hopefully as Gabe makes some traction in the NFL and guys like Day, Clausell, and Beckwith can find some success on a roster, we can show what Hevesy will do if you come to MSU.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/dizzle_draftpic/status/559756503343960066

Yep Hevesy sux at recruiting, coaching, being an asshole, blah ****ing blah. The only coach that has ever gotten more shit from this board is Rick Stansbury. And why I have no idea. I'm glad he's our asshole coach and until Dan leaves you folks that don't like him better suck it up

Really? Try reading and you would see how ridiculous your post is.

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Who are the best players on next year's team?

Dak - 3 star
Wilson - 3 star
Ross - 4 star
Shump - 4 star
Jones - 5 star
B. Brown - 4 star
Redmond - 4 star
R Brown - 4 star

projected impact starter for us out of freshman class - Jamal Peters - 4/5 star, Rankin - 4 star; Adams - 4 star;

What positions are we worried about - OL, Safety, DT's, - all positions that lack 4-5 star players.

Why are we arguing about this. Im fine with saying that we aren't a program that is going to rely on 4-5 star players and that we are going to build our program through 3 stars and hand picked 4/5 stars. That is fine, I wish we could recruit better, but whatever. At the same time, lets not try and make the argument that signing 25 three stars is better than signing 25 four and five stars. We just look foolish.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 01:34 PM
This is what kind of makes me mad. We got Rankin and we got Champion (who ended up not qualifiying but I believe has already recommitted). But for some reason a lot of our fans don't count those two because one is a JUCO and one didn't qualify. Add in Story who we know got some push late from some schools and Williams who has some good offers and is from Alabama and this class of OL is pretty good. I think our staff pretty much got who they went after and Hevesy deserves credit for that.

We've never attracted big time OL. Hopefully as Gabe makes some traction in the NFL and guys like Day, Clausell, and Beckwith can find some success on a roster, we can show what Hevesy will do if you come to MSU.

What do you mean? Everybody is giving Hevesy credit for this year's class (if it sticks). Why are you saying "they don't count"?

MetEdDawg
01-26-2015, 01:45 PM
What do you mean? Everybody is giving Hevesy credit for this year's class (if it sticks). Why are you saying "they don't count"?

Some have said that Williams and Story and Moon are only 3 stars and that we missed on bigger targets, which is really not true. Patterson was really never in play. Other than that I don't know of other big time OL we had a shot at. I guess that could also be considered not recruiting well because we aren't in it with bigger OL. I do agree that classes in the past haven't been great as far as the OL goes, but it's difficult for me to say we don't recruit well on the OL when we put Gabe in the NFL, will probably put Day, Clausell, and Beckwith on a roster, will probably get Malone drafted, and have a chance at a few others as well.

I'm just not sold Hevesy can't recruit his position. There should be no denying he can coach up his position, but maybe they are one in the same. He brings in some guys that he thinks are more coachable and have the raw talent to succeed, even if they are ranked fairly low. Of course we've missed on some guys, but it's hard to argue with his results. I do wish we could get some more highly rated guys sometimes that could make more of an instant impact, but I just think Hevesy takes way too much crap considering the job he's done with our OL over his time. This year was probably his best coaching job ever.

whosyourdawgy
01-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Really? Try reading and you would see how ridiculous your post is.

I read this board daily Cadaver. You don't like Hevesy. You state you don't hate him or want him gone but just want him to do better. Well Hell, we landed Rankin and Champion who unfortunately didnt qualify who are STUD oline prospects. We also recruited many more this year as well that the coaches including Hev like. We have recruited the offensive line very well this recruiting season and he still is catching hell for it. I just don't get it. And you are by far not the only one that has jumped on the Hevesy isn't doing his job train. The offensive line performed very good last season. Way better than our secondary did. One could argue better than our defensive line did. Way better than our special teams did. The offensive line isn't the reason we lost a single game last season. Yes they struggled vs Bama and OM but we still scored points and moved the ball on them. I just dont get the beef with him. He doesn't typically land big star recruits but it's ok for Dan to say we have our own ranking system and yall buy that. But won't give Hevesy the same rope. Yall keep trashing him though But he's gonna be here coaching and developing whoever we get in front of him. Just like the ones that I linked a tweet to. You know the one where Hevesy just left from visiting him.

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 02:27 PM
I read this board daily Cadaver. You don't like Hevesy. You state you don't hate him or want him gone but just want him to do better. Well Hell, we landed Rankin and Champion who unfortunately didnt qualify who are STUD oline prospects. We also recruited many more this year as well that the coaches including Hev like. We have recruited the offensive line very well this recruiting season and he still is catching hell for it. I just don't get it. And you are by far not the only one that has jumped on the Hevesy isn't doing his job train. The offensive line performed very good last season. Way better than our secondary did. One could argue better than our defensive line did. Way better than our special teams did. The offensive line isn't the reason we lost a single game last season. Yes they struggled vs Bama and OM but we still scored points and moved the ball on them. I just dont get the beef with him. He doesn't typically land big star recruits but it's ok for Dan to say we have our own ranking system and yall buy that. But won't give Hevesy the same rope. Yall keep trashing him though But he's gonna be here coaching and developing whoever we get in front of him. Just like the ones that I linked a tweet to. You know the one where Hevesy just left from visiting him.
I think we've 'bout beat this dog to death. I realize Hevesy is the OL coach-he is Mullen's friend, and will probably be the OL coach as long as Mullen is the coach here. You are correct about our OL struggling against Bama and OM. I would like to see the day when we could blast Alabama's and Ole Miss's DL off the ball, but it's probably not going to happen unless we dramatically improve our OL recruiting. This year seems to be a start, and I hope it continues. Everybody says we didn't have a shot at the top OL in the state-Patterson. I wonder what is the reason for that.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2015, 02:30 PM

I don't dislike Hevesy, so you're wrong. And again, for the millionth time, I've addressed every point you mentioned, including that he did good with this class. So instead of going on and on about the same points, read the thread and you'll see that you're wrong on what I think.

I love when people jump in at the end and throw out statements that have already been discussed to death. If you TRULY read, you wouldn't have made your last 2 posts.

"Trashing him"? READ MY WORDS BEFORE SAYING WHAT I THINK. You're not even close on what I think of Hevesy. Just read before trying to accuse people

Really Clark?
01-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I think we've 'bout beat this dog to death. I realize Hevesy is the OL coach-he is Mullen's friend, and will probably be the OL coach as long as Mullen is the coach here. You are correct about our OL struggling against Bama and OM. I would like to see the day when we could blast Alabama's and Ole Miss's DL off the ball, but it's probably not going to happen unless we dramatically improve our OL recruiting. This year seems to be a start, and I hope it continues. Everybody says we didn't have a shot at the top OL in the state-Patterson. I wonder what is the reason for that.

I believe it's been stated multiple times he is surrounded by UM people and he was already more of a fan of them.

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 03:05 PM
I believe it's been stated multiple times he is surrounded by UM people and he was already more of a fan of them.

"Surrounded by UM People"-I thought we had a bunch of fans in the Petal-Hattiesburg area. Guess we didn't "surround" him enough.

Really Clark?
01-26-2015, 03:49 PM
"Surrounded by UM People"-I thought we had a bunch of fans in the Petal-Hattiesburg area. Guess we didn't "surround" him enough.

He was raised going up to UM games with a local family. Been a fan since he was a kid and that family is very pro UM. This has been mentioned on this site for a year.

maroonmania
01-26-2015, 03:53 PM

No matter, some kids just grow up as fans of one school or the other and not much can be done to sway them.

NCDawg
01-26-2015, 04:40 PM
No matter, some kids just grow up as fans of one school or the other and not much can be done to sway them.

I agree. Most of the time, that is true, however, there was a good OL by the name of Doug Buckles out of Madison several years ago who grew up a State fan, but as we know, we didn't get him. But that is a story for a different time.

Sacrifice
01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
This is a serious question...Have we had just a God awful O-line since Hevesy's been here?? I don't remember us having anything close to what OM had last year but I could be wrong..
It seems like Hevesy knows what he's looking for and just makes it work..Like a mad scientist or something...