PDA

View Full Version : Why are Florida Gators and Texas Longhorns on the North team at Senior Bowl?

blacklistedbully
01-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Anybody know?

DudyDawg
01-25-2015, 01:41 PM
I was confused about that too. South had a Colorado state kid playing qb while Bryce petty was on the north. Best bet would be either to make numbers work or to balance the teams competitively, seeing as how teams in the southern 50% of the USA are much better than the north. I'm guessing a combination of both

Jack Lambert
01-25-2015, 02:18 PM
How fair would it be to have three of the big five all in the south? I think they were trying to even out the talent level on the field so the scouts could see more of the higher talent on the field at one time. It is sponsered by the NFL, It had NFL coaches and Refs and NFL rules. It was all about evaluation of the talent.

dawgpound
01-26-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm sure it's just to even out numbers and a way for them to evaluate talent, which is the reason for the game.

FlabLoser
01-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Because Florida isn't culturally in the South and the South wants to evict Texas.

Or what dawgpound said.

jumbo
01-26-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm sure it's just to even out numbers and a way for them to evaluate talent, which is the reason for the game.

this. they move guys around to make sure each team has an even/equal number of players.