PDA

View Full Version : Ask and ye shall receive - Jonathan Holder

Will James
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Cohen today: "I think we can find ways to get him in the game earlier when the game could be won or lost"

Sounds like he may become Caleb Reed of 2011 and with Ross presumably in the rotation, it is a needed change. Cohen also said Lindgren is questionable vs Florida and would only pitch Sunday, if at all.

Spider-Man
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I was wondering if Holder would start to come in earlier in games a la Reed from 2011. I just hope he doesn't start using him in a lefty-righty matchup scenario.

msstate7
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Don't like the way that sounds about lindgren. I'm very happy about the prospect of using holder more. He's been terribly under used to this point. So, pollo Friday night?

Spider-Man
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I think that is the plan. Graveman on Saturday and TBD for Sunday.

Spider-Man
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
IMO, if we manage to win Friday and Saturday, whoever starts Sunday should have a 1 walk maximum. IF they walk the first batter in 5 pitches or less, pull 'em. Put somebody in to throw strikes.

Todd4State
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
We almost have no choice but to use him and Bracewell more innings out of the bullpen to offset moving Pollorena and probably Ross Mitchell to the rotation.

Coach34
04-01-2013, 09:05 PM
We almost have no choice but to use him and Bracewell more innings out of the bullpen to offset moving Pollorena and probably Ross Mitchell to the rotation.

exactly. I'm all for bringing in Holder more. Just not starting him.

We have got to do something and somehow get some innings out of Woody and Evan