PDA

View Full Version : 2016 4* Kobe Jones Offered

TheRef
01-23-2015, 02:02 PM
He's a 4* DL from Starkville High. He just got a visit from Dan, Hev, and Turner.

24/7 Crystal Ball is 100% MSU

thedawg
01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
matter of time... Hopefully he brings AJ with him

West Houston Dog
01-23-2015, 02:39 PM
I want to see all SHS studs in Maroon and White!

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2015, 02:50 PM
matter of time... Hopefully he brings AJ with him

What is the story on AJ? I know it is the CL, but he didn't even have us in his top 3?

Is it just the normal, big eyes early and then stay home? Thanks

sandwolf
01-23-2015, 02:55 PM
What is the story on AJ? I know it is the CL, but he didn't even have us in his top 3?

Could just want to go to a new place for college. Hopefully that will change.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2015, 03:11 PM

Think Fletcher Adams. Doesn't want anyone to think he's a MSU lock since he's from Starkville. He's already named 3 different schools his leaders. We just need to be patient & let things play out. Saying all that we're gonna have to recruit the hell out of him bc he's big time & will have every opportunity to leave Starkville if he wants to but this 1 will have lots of twist & turns.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-23-2015, 03:55 PM
From what I've heard AJ currently wants to go play somewhere else, & likes OM. Just guessing here, but I figure it's about wanting to get away from your hometown & do something different. Here's to hoping he sees what else is out there, compares it to what he could accomplish at Miss. St., & makes his decision based on who would develop him into the best player he can be. Don't know what his relationship w/ Gabe Myles is, but it couldn't hurt seeing him take over the Jameon role next year.

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Think Fletcher Adams. Doesn't want anyone to think he's a MSU lock since he's from Starkville. He's already named 3 different schools his leaders. We just need to be patient & let things play out. Saying all that we're gonna have to recruit the hell out of him bc he's big time & will have every opportunity to leave Starkville if he wants to but this 1 will have lots of twist & turns.

With some kids, being the hometown school just doesn't help. It has screwed the bears several times with all the kids from Lafayette and Oxford high getting the hell out of Oxford. I can't recall the last Starkville kid that had a ton of options, like Brown. SHould be interesting. We sure as hell need him, if we don't, he can't go to the bears. Their recruiting class for next year is damn good already, and we have to at least split the in state talent of top kids next year. I think we should with Nelson, Simmons and Duncan - but they have a head start.

dawgs
01-23-2015, 04:23 PM
From what I've heard AJ currently wants to go play somewhere else, & likes OM. Just guessing here, but I figure it's about wanting to get away from your hometown & do something different. Here's to hoping he sees what else is out there, compares it to what he could accomplish at Miss. St., & makes his decision based on who would develop him into the best player he can be. Don't know what his relationship w/ Gabe Myles is, but it couldn't hurt seeing him take over the Jameon role next year.

All I know is that if I had a bunch of options and didn't wanna stay in my hometown, I sure wouldn't go 90 miles up the road to a comparable academic school and comparable football tradition for really what amounts to a minimal cultural change. The reason I wouldn't wanna stay in my hometown would be because I wanted a big change (big city, big time traditional power program, different regional culture, etc).