PDA

View Full Version : D'Marcus Simonds Highlights

Ifyouonlyknew
01-22-2015, 11:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEGwNFRL4U

smootness
01-22-2015, 11:11 PM
That kid is so legit and could, no joke, have the kind of impact Malik Newman could. It's just hard to get my hopes up too much because if Ray goes, he does, too. I just hope we can start to right the ship so some of these kids can actually make it to campus.

I think Simonds could arguably be the best freshman we've had if he comes, even better than Hood. And I loved Hood as a freshman.

msugolf
01-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Ok I'm gonna be pulling for Ray harder than ever to get it going. That kid is legit and if you put him with Hicks and possibly another stud in that class then you're talking about something really special.

Thick
01-23-2015, 12:28 AM
That dude is a straight up athletic outside threat/rim eater. I totally agree, he might be a game changer for us.

thf24
01-23-2015, 08:48 AM
If Ray can keep recruiting guys like this and lay out a marginally better half-court offense, then there's no reason why he can't be successful here. He seems to be quickly rectifying the morale issues I was most concerned about during our non-conference slump, and if he can finish out this year respectably (no blowouts versus teams not called Kentucky, no more bad home losses), then at this point I'm all for giving him a fourth year and seeing if he can sustain his current level of recruiting.

headcoach98
01-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Imagine him, Tookie and Weatherspoon on the court together with an improved Oliver Black; GOODNESS!

Goat from MSU
01-23-2015, 09:16 AM
You can't keep a coach just because of a recruit. But these last 2 games are making me rethink my position on Ray.All players seemed to be well now ,let the season play out.
If Ray can keep recruiting guys like this and lay out a marginally better half-court offense, then there's no reason why he can't be successful here. He seems to be quickly rectifying the morale issues I was most concerned about during our non-conference slump, and if he can finish out this year respectably (no blowouts versus teams not called Kentucky, no more bad home losses), then at this point I'm all for giving him a fourth year and seeing if he can sustain his current level of recruiting.

chef dixon
01-23-2015, 11:09 AM
That kid is so legit and could, no joke, have the kind of impact Malik Newman could. It's just hard to get my hopes up too much because if Ray goes, he does, too. I just hope we can start to right the ship so some of these kids can actually make it to campus.

I think Simonds could arguably be the best freshman we've had if he comes, even better than Hood. And I loved Hood as a freshman.

Love the optimism, but Malik would be the biggest recruit in Mississippi state sports history. Far and away.

Raytoraid83
01-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Great player. Only problem, he's class of 2016 with offers from UCONN and Florida. A lot of time left in his recruitment. We need help now to convince talent like Simmonds and Malik to step on campus and Tookie isn't the answer.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Great player. Only problem, he's class of 2016 with offers from UCONN and Florida. A lot of time left in his recruitment. We need help now to convince talent like Simmonds and Malik to step on campus and Tookie isn't the answer.

He & Darius Hicks have become tight. Hicks is a legit SEC talent also. Ray has struggled in recruiting but his last 3 signees/commits (Weatherspoon, Hicks, & Simonds) are all legit SEC caliber players.

msstate7
01-23-2015, 11:31 AM

It doesn't take players the caliber of malik to win. It sures makes it easier, but we've been successful with guards no where near the level of malik. My favorite guard at state ever was bowers and he wasn't close to malik in talent. Little premature to label tookie before he even steps foot on campus.

Raytoraid83
01-23-2015, 11:47 AM
It doesn't take players the caliber of malik to win. It sures makes it easier, but we've been successful with guards no where near the level of malik. My favorite guard at state ever was bowers and he wasn't close to malik in talent. Little premature at label tookie before he even steps foot on campus.

I was more implying we need help next year not that it's Malik or bust.

smootness
01-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Love the optimism, but Malik would be the biggest recruit in Mississippi state sports history. Far and away.

In terms of rating, no, he wouldn't be. In terms of impact, maybe. I'm not trying to say there is absolutely no difference in Newman and Simonds, but based on what I've seen from Simonds, he is a stud and rated way too low. And he might stay longer, too. I think his game would explode in college. He's the real deal.