PDA

View Full Version : 2 Players arrested from the Plantation...

BeardoMSU
01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Elston one of them...

I'm sure the Rev just booked him a mission trip to the Caribbean***

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/01/22/ole-miss-players-arrested-trae-elston-damoreea-stringfellow/22161973/

TheRef
01-22-2015, 12:26 PM
Elston charged with Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest

Stringfellow charged with Disorderly Conduct

BeardoMSU
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Stringfellow was the Washington transfer that had problems of his own out there, but Freeze just wanted to give this young man some heppin' so he could turn his life around****
#winningatallcosts

Saltydog
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
nt

mic
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
actually shocked Stringfellow made it this long...

BeardoMSU
01-22-2015, 12:30 PM
actually shocked Stringfellow made it this long...

He and MGK are gonna make a lethal tag-team....in prision, lol.

Jacksondevildog
01-22-2015, 12:35 PM
How the hell do you get arrested for disorderly conduct for handing out Bibles on the square?

TheRef
01-22-2015, 12:36 PM
How the hell do you get arrested for disorderly conduct for handing out Bibles on the square?

Those darn atheist police!!! Can't stand having the gospel spread

BeastMan
01-22-2015, 12:36 PM
One thing about OM that will forever hinder whoever the HC is the atmosphere the town of Oxford provides athletes. I don't think it's any coincidence that the 3 biggest party towns in the SEC (Oxford, Athens, and BR) always seem to lead to football arrest in the offseason.

Saltydog
01-22-2015, 12:37 PM
nt

spudd21
01-22-2015, 12:42 PM
I can't believe kellenburger wrote that article. He usually helping with the damage control.

Jack Lambert
01-22-2015, 12:43 PM
this is Freeze way of saying,"we got to get our stratagy together. Everytime a guy gets in trouble this is his qoute.

"We are gathering facts on the matter," coach Hugh Freeze said in a statement."

messageboardsuperhero
01-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Isn't Stringfellow the guy who transfered in after getting kicked off another team- only to get his life "turned around" by the holy and almighty Freeze?

LOL, I'm shocked these arrests have even seen the light of day.

TheRef
01-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Isn't Stringfellow the guy who transfered in after getting kicked off another team- only to get his life "turned around" by the holy and almighty Freeze?

LOL, I'm shocked these arrests have even seen the light of day.

He was only suspended by Washington..but yes.

I seen it dawg
01-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Just another day in Oxford.

Apoplectic
01-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Where's the tsun arrest glory thread?

MetEdDawg
01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
It amazes me that there hasn't been some sort of backlash at the amount of players from their football team arrested over the past few years. It has to be towards the top, if not at the top, of the SEC. It's embarrassing that they don't hold themselves or these kids to a higher standard.

Yet they continue to get traction in the homes of some of these high profile recruits despite all of that. Wonder why.......

Tailgate Superstar
01-22-2015, 12:59 PM
So basically two players kicked out, suspended, whatever, of their previous university for legal trouble have signed with Ole Miss and already gotten in legal trouble here before even playing a game. Nice.

BeastMan
01-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Another interesting note: I remember OM boards and social media crucifying Dillon Day for being a "dirty player". Elston is the exact same type of player. The difference is that Day never got arrested. Now we can watch sit back and watch the fandom double standard. Elston will be portrayed by OM boards and social media as a good kid who made a mistake while Day was the devil reincarnate.

FlabLoser
01-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Another interesting note: I remember OM boards and social media crucifying Dillon Day for being a "dirty player". Elston is the exact same type of player. The difference is that Day never got arrested. Now we can watch sit back and watch the fandom double standard. Elston will be portrayed by OM boards and social media as a good kid who made a mistake while Day was the devil reincarnate.

I lost count how many fights Elston got into on the field. At least 3-4. That's not counting him trying to hurt that Bama guy whose season ended on the same play. He also took a violent cheap shot at Dak after the whistle.

Elston is the biggest punk on their team and his arrest doesn't surprise me a bit.

maroonmania
01-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Just an opportunity for Freeze to further demonstrate the redemptive nature of man.

Martianlander
01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I understand these two and Kelly are all going to seminary on the buddy plan.*****

HoopsCoach21
01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I can't believe kellenburger wrote that article. He usually helping with the damage control.

I had the same thought. I had to look twice at who wrote it when I saw the last line. "The arrests are the latest in a string of incidents involving members of the Ole Miss football team over the last year."

MadDawg
01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
How many times has Elston been suspended for late/dirty hits or throwing punches? 4? 5 times? He is one of the dirtiest players in college football.

Dawg496
01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
If the unthinkable happens and Elston is unable to play in the fall that would make 3/4 of their secondary from this year gone. Not as easy to replace as they think.

And of course I realize the only way he'll not play is if he is incarcerated. Hugh Freeze is an insult to Christians everywhere.

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
If the unthinkable happens and Elston is unable to play in the fall that would make 3/4 of their secondary from this year gone. Not as easy to replace as they think.

And of course I realize the only way he'll not play is if he is incarcerated. Hugh Freeze is an insult to Christians everywhere.

Ventured over to nafoom and one of their regulars was saying he expected no more than 1-2 game suspension at most. I doubt they see anything. It's a long time to next season and plenty of time for people to forget this little misunderstanding between two fine upstanding players of the bear football team and the Oxford po po just looking for a reason to harass a brother.

maroonmania
01-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Ventured over to nafoom and one of their regulars was saying he expected no more than 1-2 game suspension at most. I doubt they see anything. It's a long time to next season and plenty of time for people to forget this little misunderstanding between two fine upstanding players of the bear football team and the Oxford po po just looking for a reason to harass a brother.

Probably will get nothing. The OM football program is a judgment free zone. All about grace.

BeardoMSU
01-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Probably will get nothing. The OM football program is a judgment free zone. All about grace.

Freeze just has one requirement....
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-42154-repent-and-thou-shalt-be-saved-KExp.gif

phatdog
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
It amazes me that there hasn't been some sort of backlash at the amount of players from their football team arrested over the past few years. It has to be towards the top, if not at the top, of the SEC. It's embarrassing that they don't hold themselves or these kids to a higher standard.

Yet they continue to get traction in the homes of some of these high profile recruits despite all of that. Wonder why.......

Almost 10% of the team in the last year alone

Thompson92
01-22-2015, 02:18 PM
It obviously won't happen as long as they're in The Holy City, but guys like Elston and Kelly are much more likely to end up in prison than playing on Sundays.
That place is such a s***show. I can't take Freeze or Bjork seriously any more. Whenever they show up on TV I just start laughing at the absurdity of their little world.

The Egg Bowl this year will be fun. Can't wait to watch De'Runnya run over Elston and Chris Jones rock MGK's world.

DawgHouseUnited
01-22-2015, 02:34 PM

^This, sadly. They'll probably miss some of spring practice, but I'd be surprised if they were hit with any game suspensions.

jumbo
01-22-2015, 03:17 PM
add this to the list of things that nothing will happen on

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2015, 03:24 PM
New Ole Miss locker room

https://www.allegancounty.org/images/Government/SD/COR_tour_HoldingCell.jpg

CadaverDawg
01-22-2015, 03:39 PM
#Flagship*

Ole Miss is turning into Those thug Miami teams, but without the winning.

dawgpound
01-22-2015, 04:17 PM
My bear coworker keeps talking about dak's bar fight when i mention their arrests... Did I miss something there? I havent been on here too much since the end of the season.

Coach34
01-22-2015, 04:25 PM
My bear coworker keeps talking about dak's bar fight when i mention their arrests... Did I miss something there? I havent been on here too much since the end of the season.

Urban Legend- ask him for a link or news report on it?

thf24
01-22-2015, 04:27 PM

They made that up because somehow they thought it was something legitimate with which to snap back at us, and they seem to have started believing it actually happened at some point.

mic
01-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Urban Legend- ask him for a link or news report on it?

Exactly...

And does any think that's ALL that happened with these 2.??? This was reported to quick by the CL .. There could be and probably is a lot more to these arrest than we are being told right now..

RougeDawg
01-22-2015, 07:48 PM
This is what you get when the players salaries are higher than all but a handful of coaches. They feel entitled and have never been disciplined.

MabenMaroon
01-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Damn! Is it time to scoop the litter box again? Oh well, gotta go take care of business.