PDA

View Full Version : Main reason we won last night...

DistrictDawg92
01-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Ware, Afro-Fred, and chicken were all in double digit scoring. We can not even compete with a team like Mcneese State when they are not playing well. It's been good to see all of them playing well the last two games, they have been all we have had through the worst 3 year stretch of MSU basketball I am aware of, and they have represent us well. A light has switched for ware. He was nailing the 18-20 footers and also had SEVENTEEN rebounds. Chicken seems to finally be healthy and Fred seems to have finally learned to pull the trigger when he is open. Houston is gonna be an absolute freak in a year or two if he can correct his shooting form. Another thing that has become crystal clear is that Ndoye doesn't belong anywhere near the court until he gains about 30 pounds and some killer instincts. All in all I can honestly say I enjoy watching this team play and I will be in the hump Saturday for hopefully our largest crowd since Ray's hiring.

Maroonthirteen
01-22-2015, 11:02 AM
You mean Ware, Sword and IJ? Because Fred contributed but...... Wasn't the reason. As a matter of fact Rays line up should be Ware, RJ, Daniels, Sword and IJ. They should get 30+ minutes a game. Fred would be a 6-7th man (10 min maybe). Houston, Black and Bloodman would be my only other subs.

sleepy dawg
01-22-2015, 11:34 AM
I think the main reason we won is because we scored more points than they did.*

TheRef
01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
I think the main reason we won is because we scored more points than they did.*

Thanks John Madden....

http://i.imgur.com/4SV1pDD.png

DistrictDawg92
01-22-2015, 12:09 PM
You mean Ware, Sword and IJ? Because Fred contributed but...... Wasn't the reason. As a matter of fact Rays line up should be Ware, RJ, Daniels, Sword and IJ. They should get 30+ minutes a game. Fred would be a 6-7th man (10 min maybe). Houston, Black and Bloodman would be my only other subs.

IJ doesn't have to be spoken for. He is our best and most reliable player IMO. The point is; Ware, Fred and Sword were supposed to be the heart of this team, 3 upperclassmen that have come up together through Ray's tenure and were expected to be relied upon heavily this year. Up until a few games ago all 3 were playing like uninspired, nervous walk-ons, now that they are playing well, we are winning. The younger guys feed off their excitement and success. And let's not act like Fred has looked like a 6th to 7th man for us the last two games, he has hit some shots and had some dunks that were absolute game changers, his turn around fader for three last night game me flashbacks of the days of being competitive. Go back and look at all our games in the last 3 years, and if you can find one game were Ware, Fred and Chicken all had double digits but we lost I would be shocked. They may not be our 3 best players but they are the heart of this team, and a good core of leaders to keep everyone's head on straight and focused is 50% of winning in basketball(see Stansbury's last year, no leadership=shitty team).

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm taking full responsibility for this win. I did not watch a minute. I also did not catch the Vandy game, so I won't be watching again this season, so NCAA tourney here we come.

Congrats to Rick Ray, proud the team didn't quit.

JohnnyQuid
01-22-2015, 01:02 PM
We shot somewhere around 50% basically playing out of our minds, and didn't turn it over every other trip down the floor.

msstate7
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
We shot somewhere around 50% basically playing out of our minds, and didn't turn it over every other trip down the floor.

Still had 17 TO's. Need to improve it

maroonmania
01-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Still had 17 TO's. Need to improve it

We survived that many TOs because a bunch of them came after we had the 18 point lead in the second half. Was a big reason Auburn was able to cut it all the way down to a 2 point lead before Ready hit the big 3 ball.

DudyDawg
01-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Obviously the players had a great game, but ray was good last night too. We adjusted (for the most part) to their face guarding press for stretches and played good d. Our zone had some stretches of solid play and we were incredibly active in it. Unlike usual though, when we got those turnovers and run outs, we made good decisions. We filled our lanes well and didn't run over Each other too many times that I noticed, and got a chunk of easy baskets bc of our transition and semi transition O. A lot of That's on ray. Good game all the way around and hope we can keep playing well. Honestly excited to go to the game Saturday. For the first time in a long time

sleepy dawg
01-22-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm taking full responsibility for this win. I did not watch a minute. I also did not catch the Vandy game, so I won't be watching again this season, so NCAA tourney here we come.

Congrats to Rick Ray, proud the team didn't quit.

Most people didn't. So would you suggest that we (the majority of the fanbase) needs to keep not supporting team as we improve?

Dawg61
01-22-2015, 03:58 PM
IJ doesn't have to be spoken for. He is our best and most reliable player IMO. The point is; Ware, Fred and Sword were supposed to be the heart of this team, 3 upperclassmen that have come up together through Ray's tenure and were expected to be relied upon heavily this year. Up until a few games ago all 3 were playing like uninspired, nervous walk-ons, now that they are playing well, we are winning. The younger guys feed off their excitement and success. And let's not act like Fred has looked like a 6th to 7th man for us the last two games, he has hit some shots and had some dunks that were absolute game changers, his turn around fader for three last night game me flashbacks of the days of being competitive. Go back and look at all our games in the last 3 years, and if you can find one game were Ware, Fred and Chicken all had double digits but we lost I would be shocked. They may not be our 3 best players but they are the heart of this team, and a good core of leaders to keep everyone's head on straight and focused is 50% of winning in basketball(see Stansbury's last year, no leadership=shitty team).

Reason we won was IJ Ready. Yes Ware and Sword contributed with Ware being a beast especially but IJ most certainly has to be spoken for. For over a year IJ Ready was named IJ Glass. He's finally ditched that nickname and he's becoming the aggressive PG we so desperately need him to be. It's not a coincidence that the last two games we've won have been two of his best in maroon. He is our offense. He has to be selfish. He has to handle the ball 75% of the time. He has to shoot twenty times plus a game. He does this and we'll be winning a lot more often. Ready is at a crossroads right now. He has to decide if he wants to be an SEC star or just a role player. Stardom is there for the taking for him. I want Chis Paul 2.0 aggressiveness from Ready and last night we got a glimpse of it.