PDA

View Full Version : Good job, ray

msstate7
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM
We've all bashed you when you deserved it and I'll give you credit when you deserve it. The last 3 games, we've looked like an sec team.

Ready is growing up before our eyes. Sword is getting healthy.

Maybe Ray likes his job...

Drugdog
01-21-2015, 11:18 PM
I want Kentucky.....,, well maybe not. Great win Dogs!

Irondawg
01-21-2015, 11:23 PM
We look much better but i just watch the second half and the difference in halfcourt sets was night and day. We hit some tough shots to hang on but AU was generating good looks without much effort almost every possession.

Ready is a difference maker in ball handling but that half court offense is our achilles heal right now and needs to be cleaned up.

I'd love to see our +/- with Ready in and Ready out tonight

msstate7
01-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Arkansas st, usc upstate, mcneese state... How different would this season look if we won those? We'd be 12-6 (2-3)

Irondawg
01-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Yep still hard to understand those and we had a great shot at tamu as well. And no way we should have lost to tn

Interesting to see if we can beat a decent sec team like lsu or om.

drunkernhelldawg
01-22-2015, 09:02 AM
I've been saying that our shooting could improve. You can nitpick it all you want, but for the first time in three years, we can step onto the floor and play some real ball. I'm tickled about it. We may be getting our team back.

headcoach98
01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Props on the win in a hostile environment.

quickstrike2
01-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Yep, two good games. We have started making a few shots which helps any coach. Auburn was getting easy basketball from about the 10 minute mark on, but we were getting some shots to fall. When they cut it to 2 and ready hit that 3, was absolutely huge.

msstate7
01-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Yep, two good games. We have started making a few shots which helps any coach. Auburn was getting easy basketball from about the 10 minute mark on, but we were getting some shots to fall. When they cut it to 2 and ready hit that 3, was absolutely huge.

I'd say 3 good games even though we lost at aTm. aTm is a good team.

RBritt
01-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Malik is going to have a press conference and walk up and say, "I figure it's time for me to start playin ball." Crowd goes into a frenzy. Malik says," I play coach stays. Coach goes I don't play." Jimmy Chitwood style.

msstate7
01-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Malik is going to have a press conference and walk up and say, "I figure it's time for me to start playin ball." Crowd goes into a frenzy. Malik says," I play coach stays. Coach goes I don't play." Jimmy Chitwood style.

I know malik is probably a lost cause. I just can't help thinking about him on this team next season though. We lose games usually bc of long scoring droughts. Add malik and those droughts are gone. We'd be an ncaa team imo. Malik would be a rockstar here. The hump would be back. Only problem is malik isn't coming. Damn...

Liverpooldawg
01-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Nice win. Let's see how we do the rest of the way before we say the corner is turned. Hopefully it has.

thf24
01-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Our half court offense is still horrendous and Ray definitely needs to bring in some help in that area if he gets another year, but if the guys we have who CAN make shots (Fred, Ready, Daniels) can step up and play with more consistency, we'll be decent from here out. What I'm mainly looking for from Ray at this point is whether or not he can inspire enough confidence in those guys to reach that level of consistency.