PDA

View Full Version : Coach "O" on the crootin trail.......(link)

Saltydog
01-21-2015, 08:10 PM
This guy is gonna hurt UM, aTm and Auburn the most IMO........Maybe even steal a few from Bama......

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/listen--lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-s-voicemail-message-is-awesome-210748639.html

gtowndawg
01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
love to have him on the staff.

West Houston Dog
01-22-2015, 08:30 AM
the recruiting upgrade was worth the extra dollars. we need the big studs recruited to our squad to move the program forward.

screw having the lowest football expenditures in the SEC every year....hire the man for two years, spend the extra $$$ Stricklin. Recruiting is the backbone of success. Our 'develop the talent we do recruit' mentality(and I am all for that certainly) DIDNT win us the SEC West or SEC again this year. IF O didn't significantly upgrade recruiting let him move on after 2 years. AND keep him away from our SEC west rival.

oh well,guess that is asking to much of us....

Saltydog
01-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Manny D and from all accounts he's glad to be back but now he's got to prove himself. He's known as a good recruiter himself but not elite like Ed O.

klong-dog
01-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Is he coming after Peters?

missouridawg
01-22-2015, 09:49 AM
the recruiting upgrade was worth the extra dollars. we need the big studs recruited to our squad to move the program forward.

screw having the lowest football expenditures in the SEC every year....hire the man for two years, spend the extra $$$ Stricklin. Recruiting is the backbone of success. Our 'develop the talent we do recruit' mentality(and I am all for that certainly) DIDNT win us the SEC West or SEC again this year. IF O didn't significantly upgrade recruiting let him move on after 2 years. AND keep him away from our SEC west rival.

oh well,guess that is asking to much of us....

If anything, we could've paid the man for one or two years and learned things from him. Hell, look at OM's recruiting since he left. They're still doing really well.

Furthermore, look at our recruiting strategies post-Brewer. He helped us change the way we approached recruiting as well and he was only here like 4 months.

Really Clark?
01-22-2015, 10:05 AM
I think all these posts are forgetting a big piece of information, O is not here because O decided to press pause when LSU had changes. He was going to get paid here as a DC and he wanted us to wait and play us off of LSU. We wanted someone who wanted to be here. I understand the family angle for him and that probably tipped the scale. But don't think he is not here strickly because we wouldn't pay him. It's mostly on him.

dawgclub99
01-22-2015, 10:07 AM
One little mistake in that article. He never was the DC at USC. Monty was. I agree though. CEO would have been a great fit here.

justwin
01-22-2015, 10:48 AM
So glad he's not at msu. Got really fortunate that lsu came calling.

quickstrike2
01-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Is he coming after Peters?

Miles was in Bassfield last week, so I would assume so.

SouthMsDawg
01-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Manny D and from all accounts he's glad to be back but now he's got to prove himself. He's known as a good recruiter himself but not elite like Ed O.

Manny is known for being a great X's and O's coach but name one big time recruit at State or Texas he was ever known for landing?

smootness
01-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Manny is known for being a great X's and O's coach but name one big time recruit at State or Texas he was ever known for landing?

He landed a 5-star and a couple of 4-stars in one class at Texas. Obviously that's Texas, but a lot of it depends on what area you're in and who is available there, etc.

I think that outside of a few guys (Orgeron and Brewster are two of them), it is very difficult for an assistant to come in and change much about the way a program recruits. A lot of recruiting success at a program like State is built on familiarity with a coaching staff. The longer a guy like Mullen stays at State, the better he's going to recruit, and we've seen that.

I don't think Diaz is as good of a recruiter as Collins is, but I don't expect it to hurt us much. Collins has landed guys like Smitherman, but he never got anybody that a major school really wanted, and that's to be expected.

Really Clark?
01-22-2015, 04:53 PM
He landed a 5-star and a couple of 4-stars in one class at Texas. Obviously that's Texas, but a lot of it depends on what area you're in and who is available there, etc.

I think that outside of a few guys (Orgeron and Brewster are two of them), it is very difficult for an assistant to come in and change much about the way a program recruits. A lot of recruiting success at a program like State is built on familiarity with a coaching staff. The longer a guy like Mullen stays at State, the better he's going to recruit, and we've seen that.

I don't think Diaz is as good of a recruiter as Collins is, but I don't expect it to hurt us much. Collins has landed guys like Smitherman, but he never got anybody that a major school really wanted, and that's to be expected.

I agree with most of what you said but Smitherman has more to do with Townsend than anyone else on staff.