PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Looks like the Braves are going after Gomes to platoon with almonte in LF. Last I checked, almonte was hitting .338 in winterball. Hopefully this carries over.

I think you could see Gomes, grilli, johnson, Russell, wandy, kimbrel, and minor traded at the deadline if we aren't in contention. If the above guys are having good seasons, we could rack up some top notch talent.

Thoughts?

Dawg61
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Only Kimbrel would land "top notch talent".

trob115
01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Im kinda with you there 7. I hope the guys you mentioned above are playing lights out, including Chris Johnson. I would love to see the Braves get 1 more big haul of good prospects eyeing towards 2017 to competing. I also wish the braves would cut ties with Freddy G.

msstate7
01-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Only Kimbrel would land "top notch talent".
Yeah top notch wasn't the best description, but at the deadline trades net better prospects than deserved

msstate7
01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Braves sign kelly johnson to minor league deal. Gets spring training invite

msstate7
01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Tim Brown ?@TBrownYahoo
Gomes has a one-year deal with Braves with a vesting option, according to source.

Todd4State
01-22-2015, 09:19 PM
Gomes is a good player. Sabermetrics may or may not like him, but having veterans on your team like that is kind of like having another coach on the team.

dawgs
01-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Gomes is a good player. Sabermetrics may or may not like him, but having veterans on your team like that is kind of like having another coach on the team.

Gomes is a fine platoon guy, and the exact kinda guy a team that's already waving the white flag on the season (like the Braves are) should sign to 1 year deals. He won't bring any top notch talent in return, but you might be able to get a guy that's projected into a back of the rotation or bullpen guy down the road. Astros spent years doing this exact thing over and over, and they are about to see the payoff.