PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Vanderbilt

maroonkoolaid
01-21-2015, 01:03 AM
So Kentucky had to "pull away late" to beat Vandy tonight. I know there's not a chance in hell we see a similar result but obviously a team we beat exposed a weakness of theirs. Did anyone see or follow the game?

msstate7
01-21-2015, 08:34 AM
I saw it. LaChance is one heck of a basketball player. That kid is gonna be unbelievable before he leaves vandy

mic
01-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Kevin Stallings is one of the best coaches in the country that no one talks about...

msstate7
01-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Kevin Stallings is one of the best coaches in the country that no one talks about...

Ray has beat em last 2 times they've played. Might wanna pump the break on that

mic
01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Ray has beat em last 2 times they've played. Might wanna pump the break on that

6 NCAA tourney appearances
2 sweet 16
At freaking Vandy....

And that was playing uk and fla twice every year before realignment ... Not to mention Tenn twice when Bruce had them rolling

Aces High
01-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Vandy has decent tradition and the largest home court advantage in cbb. That said, he is a good coach.

mic
01-21-2015, 10:43 AM
And I left out Illinois St where he went to the dance twice before going to Vandy..

msstate7
01-21-2015, 10:48 AM
6 NCAA tourney appearances
2 sweet 16
At freaking Vandy....

And that was playing uk and fla twice every year before realignment ... Not to mention Tenn twice when Bruce had them rolling

I was actually playing. I can't stand stallings, but he's good.

BiscuitEater
01-22-2015, 12:39 PM

Kevin Stallings in one of, if not the BIGGEST SLIMEBALL coaches in the country. Truly glad that Ray won.

Stallings was 'owned' by Stans to the tune of ~14 -5 and he 'hates' MSU dearly. Couple of years ago he accused Stans of 'ordering' his players to 'step on Vandy's Jenkins already injured foot' during the SECT.

Stalling's had to apologize later when no one would back him up .. said he 'mis-understood' what one of his players said. Lame excuse and should have been checked before speaking to media at the SECT of all places.

He has clearly done 'less with more' than any other coach in the SEC. I still don't know 'why' the SEC lets Vandy get away with their set up at crappy Memorial.

BiscuitEater
01-22-2015, 12:51 PM
At freaking Vandy....

You need to check out Vandy's Basketball history 'before'. Coaches including Roy Skinner, C. M. Newton, Eddie Fogler, Jan van Breda Kolff before Stallings just continued with what was handed to him.

Basketball has been the 'shining light' in Vandy sports history until some rich alumni pumped $Millions into their baseball program.

Oh ... check out Stalling's record over lil 'ole Mississippi State from the poor West Division for some real perspective.