PDA

View Full Version : I think Coach Ray may have FINALLY figured out our best rotation....

HoopsDawg
01-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Starting lineup should be and hopefully will be:

PG: IJ Ready: 30+minutes per game
SG: Sword: 30+
SF: Daniels: 17+
PF: Roq: 30+
C: Ware: 30+

Then Bloodman subs only at PG for 10- (no more bloodman and ready together)
Fred Thomas is better bringing energy off the bench at the 2 and 3 for 17+
Black at the 4 and 5 for 17+
and got to get Houston 12+ at the 3 and 4

Dunlap is hurt and not ready to play at this level
Ray finally sat Ndoye vs Vandy and it helped. He is just too much of a liablity on offense right now and doesn't do enough defensively to make up for it
9 man rotation, pretty simple. And it's usually pretty easy to tell when Fred and Daniels are either on or off. Ware has to stay out of foul trouble. I could see us winning 4 more games with this group.

msstate7
01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
I agree. I wanted ndoye to play, but it was obvious we were better without him last game.

DudyDawg
01-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Daniels should either get 32 minutes or 10 based off of how his first three go. If good, ride him. If he starts bad, sit him

BulldogDX55
01-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Only change I'd make is give Freddy a few more minutes. He is our best scorer right now.

thf24
01-20-2015, 05:17 PM
Only change I'd make is give Freddy a few more minutes. He is our best scorer right now.

When he's on he is. Seems like he either hits 60% or 10% from 3 with not much in between. I don't know if I've ever seen a player as streaky as he is this year... except maybe Daniels. As bad as Ray's offense appears to be from an X's and O's standpoint, if those two could just step up and be consistent performers, our record would be a hell of a lot better right now.

Irondawg
01-20-2015, 05:46 PM
what you hope is that on any given night two of thomas/sword/daniels come to play. then you need ware to show up every night in order to have a real chance against most teams.

Dawg61
01-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Ready is the key. He has to stay ultra aggressive for us to win. He should shoot it twenty times a game.

msstate7
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Ready is the key. He has to stay ultra aggressive for us to win. He should shoot it twenty times a game.

Ready has looked much better the last 2 games scoring. He's still bad when it comes to TO/assists ratio. Hopefully the improvement is bc he's getting healthy. What do you guys think about him? Could he be a solid pg going forward or are we banking on tookie?

CadaverDawg
01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Daniels should either get 32 minutes or 10 based off of how his first three go. If good, ride him. If he starts bad, sit him

32 minutes? Really? Haha

Dawg61
01-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Ready has looked much better the last 2 games scoring. He's still bad when it comes to TO/assists ratio. Hopefully the improvement is bc he's getting healthy. What do you guys think about him? Could he be a solid pg going forward or are we banking on tookie?

He's easily our most skilled player. Best dribbler, passer and shooter. I love how he turns his back on defenders when they get close to protect the ball. With some screens and pick and roll with Roq and Ware Ready has the potential to be a real nuisance to the other team. I'm serious when I say he needs to shoot it twenty plus times a game. The offense should be given to him. Problem imo is that Ready prefers to be a role player and not the star. He changes that and he'll be very good.

mparkerfd20
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
I'll be completely honest, I don't even care anymore and I'm not sure I could care any less. Sad ain't it?

DudyDawg
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
32 minutes? Really? Haha

Bit of hyperbole ha, but if he is feeling it like TAMU then we should lean on him on O, if he starts slow then don't.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Bit of hyperbole ha, but if he is feeling it like TAMU then we should lean on him on O, if he starts slow then don't.

+1

HoopsDawg
01-20-2015, 09:24 PM

You hit on it. He's got to take better care of the basketball. I'm hoping with more playing time he will learn to value the ball. He makes some reckless turnovers sometimes. He needs to have 3 or less turnovers per game. He had 7 in the last one.

msugolf
01-20-2015, 09:52 PM
I'll be completely honest, I don't even care anymore and I'm not sure I could care any less. Sad ain't it?

Right there with ya fella. I'm checked out on basketball for the next couple of years. Somebody wake me when everyone on the current roster, including coaches, is gone.

thf24
01-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Right there with ya fella. I'm checked out on basketball for the next couple of years. Somebody wake me when everyone on the current roster, including coaches, is gone.

Coaches? Sure. Players? That's not fair. There's decent talent on this roster, it's just been grossly underdeveloped and stuck in what's turning out to be a shitty system. Bring in a decent coach with a simple but effective system and an emphasis on fundamental soundness, and I have no doubt this group would take a huge leap forward next year.