PDA

View Full Version : "Scott Speaks..." First of Three Articles

MaroonStateofMind
01-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Scott Stricklin gave us a shot at asking questions about our three major programs. This week it's about football.
We appreciate taking the time to click over and read!

http://maroonstateofmind.com/2015/01/19/scott-speaks-on-msu-football/

sleepy dawg
01-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Now I'm f*ck*ng pissed off.

5. Concessions. This topic is always a hot subject with the fans. I understand Aramark has the contract. When does the contract expire? Are there stipulations for us to demand better concessions, service, and prices? Are there options other than Aramark?

Aramark has the food vending contract for the entire campus, which includes game day concessions. They have been responsive when we have had concerns, and we will continue to work with them on areas that we would like to see improvement, particularly pricing. In the SEC's league wide fan survey for this past season, Mississippi State's concessions scored among the highest in the league in quality and availability. But pricing continues to remain a concern.

Am I the only one who has gotten completely inedible pieces of shit hotdogs? I know I sit in the poor people's section, but surely others are having the same issue. I have almost no other options offered by the concessions either. The only other meat the concessions offer in the upper deck east side is a chicken wrap (aka vag*na wrap). Who the hell cares what the prices are when they're eating dog shit?... I'm one of the few (i guess) who don't really care what the prices of food are as long as supply is meeting demand, but at least give me a choice besides dog shit and woman chicken wraps.

Dog316
01-20-2015, 11:16 AM

Am I the only one who has gotten completely inedible pieces of shit hotdogs? I know I sit in the poor people's section, but surely others are having the same issue. I have almost no other options offered by the concessions either. The only other meat the concessions offer in the upper deck east side is a chicken wrap (aka vag*na wrap). Who the hell cares what the prices are when they're eating dog shit?... I'm one of the few (i guess) who don't really care what the prices of food are as long as supply is meeting demand, but at least give me a choice besides dog shit and woman chicken wraps.

=======
Great mastery of the English vocabulary!

maroonmania
01-20-2015, 11:48 AM

If at all possible I really try to come to the game having already eaten. If I can't I normally buy a bag of boiled peanuts or something to get me through until after the game. I haven't really found any food at the MSU concessions that I would want to make a meal out of at the general concessions places. I'm sure its a different story in the club level or at least I hope it is.

sleepy dawg
01-20-2015, 11:54 AM
=======
Great mastery of the English vocabulary!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/575/048/35e.png

sleepy dawg
01-20-2015, 12:02 PM
If at all possible I really try to come to the game having already eaten. If I can't I normally buy a bag of boiled peanuts or something to get me through until after the game. I haven't really found any food at the MSU concessions that I would want to make a meal out of at the general concessions places. I'm sure its a different story in the club level or at least I hope it is.

I really like the experience of eating at the game... Maybe not a full meal, but definitely a hot dog or hamburger.

The 3rd party vendors have some good stuff... Polk's sausage dogs are dynamite. There's also a burger place on the lower east side that makes a good cheeseburger. Nothing like that exists upstairs though.

DawgHouseUnited
01-20-2015, 12:13 PM
I didn't see anything about the sound at DWS- was I the only one who could barely understand anything the announcer said?

mstatefan91
01-20-2015, 12:39 PM
I didn't see anything about the sound at DWS- was I the only one who could barely understand anything the announcer said?

For most of the season, speakers were not working properly in the original jumbotron. Just email your concerns to Scott and encourage others to do so as well. They'll get it done if people let them know to get it done

engie
01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Fully suspect that the sound issue will be fixed this offseason

TheRef
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Fully suspect that the sound issue will be fixed this offseason

I agree. It's hard to tune a stadium so that everyone can hear noise exactly the same when all of the speakers are on one end of the stadium.

I have a feeling that they are going to put speakers throughout the stadium in order to evenly distribute the sound. Think DNF and how they have speakers throughout the infield and LFL.

DawgHouseUnited
01-20-2015, 12:56 PM
For most of the season, speakers were not working properly in the original jumbotron. Just email your concerns to Scott and encourage others to do so as well. They'll get it done if people let them know to get it done

I thought that I'd heard mention of some blown speakers or something.

DawgHouseUnited
01-20-2015, 12:58 PM
I agree. It's hard to tune a stadium so that everyone can hear noise exactly the same when all of the speakers are on one end of the stadium.

I have a feeling that they are going to put speakers throughout the stadium in order to evenly distribute the sound. Think DNF and how they have speakers throughout the infield and LFL.

For me it wasn't volume or anything like that, it was the clarity. Thought I was being lectured by Charlie Brown's parents most of the time.

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
I do wish they would do something about pricing. I know compared to MLB or the NFL they may not be bad, but If you're taking a family of 4 to a game just getting some hotdogs and a cokes can run up quite a bill. And if you have kids that think they have to have something every 20 minutes it gets even worse. This is especially true for the early games when it is hot as hell. I remember a game I went to back when I was a student where it was in the 90's and they ran out of cold drinks and just had bottles at air temp. You could buy one of those but if you wanted it cold you then had to buy a cup of ice too. To me, that was piss poor ethics and had no human decency. I know they need to make as much money as possible to compete in the SEC but when you charge $20 for parking, $60-$80+ for the ticket, $7.00 for a coke and whatever a hotdog costs...if it is hot enough that heat exhaustion is an issue don't charge for the ice if you run out of cold drinks. That's punishing the fan for you not being able to have adequate inventory.