PDA

View Full Version : Post big recruiting weekend

msstate7
01-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Anyone got any info? Rumors encouraged

Westdawg
01-19-2015, 10:32 AM
i honestly hope with everything that if we did shake up the recruiting world with a great weekend, i don't want to hear about it until those NLI's come through the fax. when is signing day again?

sandwolf
01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
when is signing day again?

I believe it is 2 weeks from this Wednesday, which is February 4th......but someone would need to confirm that.

Bo Darville
01-19-2015, 10:47 AM
The weekend was a huge success. The guys that were already committed (Farrod Green, Keith Joseph, Tim Washington, Stamps, etc.) had a nice weekend, and their commitments were solidified even further. In the case of Leo Lewis and TD Moton, we put our best foot forward. The staff has done all they can do with those guys. If we do lose them, it won't be for lack of effort or attention.

maroonmania
01-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Listened to Robertson's recap of the weekend on BSR. He's not giving much optimism on Lewis. He really makes it sound like we wouldn't have much shot at all if it weren't for Farrod Green. I just don't get a good feeling on Lewis myself because I just don't believe we can flip a high profile OM commit at the last moment given our track record but boy would I love to see it. Reverend Freeze will stay on the phone with him 72 hours straight prior to signing day if he has to though. Anyway, he, like others, sounded fairly optimistic on Helms and thought we gained ground with Miggins though his KY visit is still upcoming. Seemed sort of neutral on where we stood with Moton. In terms of most to least likely to get on the 4 we had in that weren't already commits he had it listed as Helms, Miggins, Moton and then Lewis. Was sort of a downer report to me all in all.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-19-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm not saying we get Leo but I sorta think Steve is being overly cautious considering how he's been burned going out on predictions of other kids down to MSU/OM late in the game.

msstate7
01-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Do we have any commits going to OM this weekend?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Fletcher Adams may.

Bo Darville
01-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Fletcher may visit Ole Miss this weekend.

We've done our best with Leo. Mullen and staff gave him a great visit. Dak was his host. We've done all we can and I expect that to continue until signing day. Doesn't mean we get him, but it won't be for lack of trying.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm not saying we get Leo but I sorta think Steve is being overly cautious considering how he's been burned going out on predictions of other kids down to MSU/OM late in the game.

I listened to the Boneyard today as well, and it's got me confused on Leo. Everything seems to be going in our favor with him, but, yet, for some unknown reason Steve believes Ole Miss has him locked up. It almost like Rosebowl thinks this thing is rigged and Leo is unflippable, even if Leo would rather be at MSU.

The problem is that Paul and Robbie clearly believe that Leo will sign with MSU, but Rosebowl doesn't. There is a clear difference in opinion between these two sites, and I haven't the slightest clue why.

DownwardDawg
01-19-2015, 10:10 PM
I will be shocked if we flip Lewis.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I will be shocked if we flip Lewis.

What reasons do you have for saying this? We are all looking for info and would greatly appreciate you sharing with us what you know.

Paul and Robbie disagree with you, but you may have a better source

GreenheadDawg
01-19-2015, 10:23 PM
What reasons do you have for saying this? We are all looking for info and would greatly appreciate you sharing with us what you know.

I'm assuming he just knows that history tends to repeat itself. And history has not been good to us

DownwardDawg
01-19-2015, 10:48 PM

Shotgun, I don't know shit. I don't even keep up with recruiting anymore. I'm just speaking purely from how these things usually turn out for us. I would trust Paul over any other source though. If Steve things we're not getting him, then we probably are.

maroonmania
01-19-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm assuming he just knows that history tends to repeat itself. And history has not been good to us

That and the fact that nothing in Lewis' recruitment has made any logical sense when it comes to our role in it. We all thought we were in great shape with him when he committed to Alabama, we REALLY thought we were in great shape with him when he decommitted from Alabama AT Big Dawg camp, and we thought we were in great shape with him while playing great football early in the season only to have him commit to OM out of the blue and then he refused to even talk to anyone about his new commitment. At this point he's really had no problem committing to everyone BUT us so its just hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he will choose us on signing day when he's had so many other opportunities to jump on board with us and hasn't, even with his best friend being one of our biggest recruiters for him. I mean, even now, I don't know how he hit it off with Manny, but at OM he doesn't even have a position coach in place at the moment yet he remains committed. And we can say he is remaining committed to OM to avoid additional pressure from OM recruiters between now and signing day but that may just be wishful thinking on our part. Could just be as simple as he still prefers them to us. Guess we will find out on Feb. 4th but I'm not optimistic.

Todd4State
01-19-2015, 10:58 PM
I listened to the Boneyard today as well, and it's got me confused on Leo. Everything seems to be going in our favor with him, but, yet, for some unknown reason Steve believes Ole Miss has him locked up. It almost like Rosebowl thinks this thing is rigged and Leo is unflippable, even if Leo would rather be at MSU.

The problem is that Paul and Robbie clearly believe that Leo will sign with MSU, but Rosebowl doesn't. There is a clear difference in opinion between these two sites, and I haven't the slightest clue why. He probably hasn't forgotten 2011 or the rabbit last year.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2015, 11:00 PM
That and the fact that nothing in Lewis' recruitment has made any logical sense when it comes to our role in it. We all thought we were in great shape with him when he committed to Alabama, we REALLY thought we were in great shape with him when he decommitted from Alabama AT Big Dawg camp, and we thought we were in great shape with him while playing great football early in the season only to have him commit to OM out of the blue and then he refused to even talk to anyone about his new commitment. At this point he's really had no problem committing to everyone BUT us so its just hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he will choose us on signing day when he's had so many other opportunities to jump on board with us and hasn't, even with his best friend being one of our biggest recruiters for him. I mean, even now, I don't know how he hit it off with Manny, but at OM he doesn't even have a position coach in place at the moment yet he remains committed. And we can say he is remaining committed to OM to avoid additional pressure from OM recruiters between now and signing day but that may just be wishful thinking on our part. Could just be as simple as he still prefers them to us. Guess we will find out on Feb. 4th but I'm not optimistic.

Good post

It's obvious what has happened in Leo's recruitment, and I just hope the kid can get out of whatever he's into. Hopefully, he'll nut up and sign with the school that he wants to go to, instead of making a decision that he'll regret the rest of his life.

HancockCountyDog
01-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Right now info is really hard to come by.

Kids aren't talking much, I still don't think anyone knows where Leo is going, including Leo.

From everything I can tell, we land Moton unless something odd happens the last few weeks.