PDA

View Full Version : If you have 30 seconds to kill... Sun Herald article on Jevan Snead

Leroy Jenkins
01-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Chad Morris and Feldman:

"Bruce, he might very well be the very best quarterback I've ever coached to this day," Morris told Feldman. "That year, it was Sam Bradford, Jevan Snead, had Jevan been able to come out that year. Heading into his junior year, the two top quarterbacks (were) Sam Bradford and Jevan Snead at Ole Miss.

"That's the kid I had. He was probably going to be a top 10 pick."

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/01/16/6022241_one-of-the-best-that-never-was.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Not exactly the Snead I remember. Oh well B2B Cotton Bowls...Fiddy years, Fiddy.

Morris told Feldman that Snead now works in San Antonio, Texas, and sells oil field supplies.

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Blames it on not being able to stay focused at Ole Miss

Reason2succeed
01-17-2015, 07:49 PM
"I can tell you exactly what happened: He lost it between the ears. He lost his focus. He got involved, as we've seen it many, many times -- he was enjoying being a college quarterback, I guess, at Ole Miss." -Chad Morris

This is damning for Ole Miss. Morris is out to tarnish Ole Miss for his own benefit. Trust me, I went to SMU for grad school. They are Ole Miss Lite and in some regards there is nothing light about them. SMU has MONEY… Texas oil money flowing abundantly. Morris is likely trying to position SMU as a better alternative than Ole Miss because their campus cultures are so similar. Come to think of it, it's actually pretty smart. SMU can become more of the status symbol place that Ole Miss so desperately wants to be but without the racial baggage. Therefore, by outlining how the campus culture killed a player's football future he MAY, MAY be able to steer kids to SMU as a similar alternative without the psycho BS that kills NFL dreams. Morris can definitely find even more examples of highly talented players who have been ruined by Ole Miss' party culture.

We should start a list and send it to him. Haha! I'm personally pulling for him now more than ever as SMU coach and not just because I pay student loans accrued at SMU. I bleed maroon only. I just hate Ole Miss and if Morris can damage those pricks I'm all in.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/01/16/6022241_one-of-the-best-that-never-was.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy